More selenium if taking zinc supplement ?

Motif

And do we really need to take copper away from zinc or is this a myth?

mariantos

And do we really need to take copper away from zinc or is this a myth?
I don't think it's mandatory.

There are many foods that contain both zinc and copper, as well as supplements. The combination of zinc, copper and selenium is used in some potency supplements. You can take zinc at the same time as you take copper, it is advisable not to take zinc without copper, especially if you take high doses.

Antioxidant effect of zinc, selenium and their combination on the liver and kidney of alloxan-induced diabetes in rats.

Zinc and selenium have been shown to singly act in normalising glycaemia and are also postulated to possess insulin-like functions. Supplementation with their combination in the diets of rats with alloxan-induced diabetes was investigated with the aim of investigating their effects on glucose homeostasis and their antioxidant properties on the liver and kidney of alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Thirty-five rats were randomly assigned to five groups and four groups were made diabetic by the administration of 150 mg/kg body weight of alloxan monohydrate, after which three diabetic groups were fed with diets supplemented with zinc, selenium and a combination of the two. Zinc, selenium and the combination significantly reduced blood glucose concentration, restored hepatic functions, increased the antioxidant status of the diabetic rats and reduced lipid peroxidation in both the hepatic and renal tissues. It was concluded that supplementation with zinc, selenium and the combination facilitated glucose uptake, prevented oxidative stress, reduced lipid peroxidation and preserved hepatic function in diabetes.

OP
M

Motif

I don't think it's mandatory.

There are many foods that contain both zinc and copper, as well as supplements. The combination of zinc, copper and selenium is used in some potency supplements. You can take zinc at the same time as you take copper, it is advisable not to take zinc without copper, especially if you take high doses.

Antioxidant effect of zinc, selenium and their combination on the liver and kidney of alloxan-induced diabetes in rats.

Zinc and selenium have been shown to singly act in normalising glycaemia and are also postulated to possess insulin-like functions. Supplementation with their combination in the diets of rats with alloxan-induced diabetes was investigated with the aim of investigating their effects on glucose homeostasis and their antioxidant properties on the liver and kidney of alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Thirty-five rats were randomly assigned to five groups and four groups were made diabetic by the administration of 150 mg/kg body weight of alloxan monohydrate, after which three diabetic groups were fed with diets supplemented with zinc, selenium and a combination of the two. Zinc, selenium and the combination significantly reduced blood glucose concentration, restored hepatic functions, increased the antioxidant status of the diabetic rats and reduced lipid peroxidation in both the hepatic and renal tissues. It was concluded that supplementation with zinc, selenium and the combination facilitated glucose uptake, prevented oxidative stress, reduced lipid peroxidation and preserved hepatic function in diabetes.

thanks!

what would you consider a high dose?

i took 15 mg daily , but I think it’s not enough 20 is better, but I want to go up to 2 x 12 daily with 2x 1 mg of copper to it.

should I take selenium to this too, or are other trace minerals affected by this ?

mariantos

thanks!

what would you consider a high dose?

i took 15 mg daily , but I think it’s not enough 20 is better, but I want to go up to 2 x 12 daily with 2x 1 mg of copper to it.

should I take selenium to this too, or are other trace minerals affected by this ?
I don't think there should be any problems if you add selenium to your combination.
Depending on what you use zinc for, for quite large deficiencies, doses over 50 mg are also recommended. But if you do not have deficiencies or any other type of problems you can use natural sources to meet the daily scale.

I used a supplement that contained: zinc picolinate 5mg, copper oxide 666 mcg, selenium as Albion Selenium Glycinate complex 33 mcg, but it also contained: oat straw - avena sativa extract 10:1,white button mushroom extract (agaricus bisporus) (fruit body), fenugreek (50%saponins),maca root, l-arginine, A-ketoglutarate, ashwaganda extract with 7% withanolides, longjack root extract 100:1,iccarin 20%(epemedium)(horny goat weed), mucuna pruriens 15%(velvet bean extract), DIM(diindolylmethane), pro-tribulus tm400 (protodioscin 40% saponins 90%),ginger 10%gingerols,stinging nettle(3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran 95%),vitex agnus, castus(chaste berry), xanthoparmelia scabrosa extract, l-citrulline, DHEA, Ksm 66 ashwaganda, 3,5 diiodo-l-thyronine. For one capsule.

It was one of my many experiments that I conducted after I've got sick. I wanted to make sure I had no problems with testosterone and that it was actually the prostate that was suffering.
That's right, I have nothing to say about the supplement, it's great, but for those in need. I immediately got full erections, the organ seemed to explode, very strongly vascularized, I had never seen anything like it, except after sex marathons. However, it couldn't solve my problem, unfortunately, I still have two bottles of pills, which I haven't used.

As for zinc taken separately, I did not notice much progress. Instead, I noticed quite strange things when I consumed only copper, more precisely spontaneous erections, increased libido. However, when I was using higher amounts of copper, I did not feel the effects. I think candida seizes copper or make me eat huge amounts and somehow intoxicates me with it, after a certain amount. Iron gives me extremely unpleasant reactions, I put all my health problems on a fungal infection. I have strange craving for rich iron sources of food, also for copper. Iron it is used by a lot of microbes! Also other metals. Copper it is known to have an antifungal effect, but maybe if the fungus makes me overeat, it causes intoxication in my body and somehow my organism can't use the mineral correctly.

But as I said, it depends on how and for what you want to use these supplements. It is better to use food to benefit from minerals, vitamins, etc.

OP
M

Motif

I have zinc and copper deficiency that I can’t get rid of. High zinc copper foods and supplements did not do much over months

mariantos

I have zinc and copper deficiency that I can’t get rid of. High zinc copper foods and supplements did not do much over months
There must be something behind this deficiency, I mean, something that creates it.Sometimes we don't see the forest because of the trees.
Good luck on the journey to recovery!

OP
M

Motif

There must be something behind this deficiency, I mean, something that creates it.Sometimes we don't see the forest because of the trees.
Good luck on the journey to recovery!
I just don’t know what and doctors neither.
maybe just bad digestion

SamuraiJack

I just don’t know what and doctors neither.
maybe just bad digestion
At this stage I would recommend to eat liver see if that corrects the deficiency and try NAC with selenium for a couple of weeks. I hope this combo can aid the mineral balance of your liver as well as a detox.
Minerals such as copper and iron are stored there so wonder if you have this kind of issue.

OP
M

Motif

At this stage I would recommend to eat liver see if that corrects the deficiency and try NAC with selenium for a couple of weeks. I hope this combo can aid the mineral balance of your liver as well as a detox.
Minerals such as copper and iron are stored there so wonder if you have this kind of issue.
Liver did not raise my levels. Maybe low stomach acid doesn’t let me absorb it. I don’t know

SamuraiJack

The combo will produce glutathione in decent amounts. This will help with detox and increases your overall antioxidant status. It should aid in the detox of your liver and help balance out the mineral status of it.
Fingers crossed this may aid with increasing your cu and zn levels.

Today I ready boron is also good for cu utilisation. Won't harm you taking a few mgs along with your supps.

SamuraiJack

I came across some very promising info recently. Read this

"Progesterone normalizes blood clotting and vascular tone, zinc and copper levels, cell oxygen levels, and use of fat stores for energy."

OP
M

Motif

I came across some very promising info recently. Read this

"Progesterone normalizes blood clotting and vascular tone, zinc and copper levels, cell oxygen levels, and use of fat stores for energy."
That’s interesting. Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals