Copper / Zinc Ratio

MrSmart

I don't think I can tolerate green tea.

I'm taking E right now. Where is the connection to histamine ?
Because I have some suspects that your body does not want, or cannot elevate Zinc.

Tell me, how do you react to liver or carrots?

OP
M

Motif

Carrots are pretty fine. Liver not.

Calfs liver is the only one I tolerate

MrSmart

Carrots are pretty fine. Liver not.

Calfs liver is the only one I tolerate
What foods do you react worst too, and what's the 5 foods that you tolerate?

Also, was your copper levels deficient while supplementing copper? Same with zinc? Were you supplementing at the same time or separately around the blood test?

OP
M

Motif

What foods do you react worst too, and what's the 5 foods that you tolerate?

Also, was your copper levels deficient while supplementing copper? Same with zinc? Were you supplementing at the same time or separately around the blood test?

Tuff question. Kefir is aweful.
Pretzels are aweful too. Tuna is bad.
And all high histamine foods.

I tolerate rice, china cabbage, chicken, potatoes and cream is ok too

OP
M

Motif

I never supplemented copper before.

And yeah I was taking zinc but always paused a week before getting blood tested

OP
M

Motif

And after that 1 week pause if zinc it was low again like before

MrSmart

Tuff question. Kefir is aweful.
Pretzels are aweful too. Tuna is bad.
And all high histamine foods.
I tolerate rice, china cabbage, chicken, potatoes and cream is ok too
I suggest you take high doses of Vitamin B6, and go on a beef/chicken diet with only simple sugars allowed for a week. If symptoms persist, then you need a course of antibiotics.

How much are you supplementing with Vitamin E, and what form?

OP
M

Motif

I tried probiotics. Did nothing.

I take E from pure encapsulations 400 iu

MrSmart

I tried probiotics. Did nothing.

I take E from pure encapsulations 400 iu

I said antibiotics, not probiotics.

Your problem does not appear to be histamine related.

Do what I say, start with high doses of Vitamin B6, see how you feel, and report back.

OP
M

Motif

Oh ***t. I meant antibiotics.

I tried b6 too. Whats a high dosage for you?

MrSmart

Take p5p 50-100mg/day. Which antibiotic did you use, and how much/long?

And stop eating starch, you're increasing LPS load with no immediate symptoms, that's why you think it's fine.

OP
M

Motif

Take p5p 50-100mg/day. Which antibiotic did you use, and how much/long?

Yeah I took p5p about 100 mg daily. Didn't do much for me.

I took flagyl 10 days and Rifaximin high dosed 10 days.

And another one but I can't remember the name

MrSmart

Yeah I took p5p about 100 g daily. Didn't do much for me.

I took flagyl 10 days and Rifaximin high dosed 10 days.

And another one but I can't remember the name

How long did you supplement P5P for? Stop eating starch.

Take a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Moderate dose, at least 15-days to 4 months. I suggest doxycycline or minocycline.

I'm assuming you tried aspirin already.

OP
M

Motif

How long did you supplement P5P for? Stop eating starch.

Take a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Moderate dose, at least 15-days to 4 months. I suggest doxycycline or minocycline.

I'm assuming you tried aspirin already.

A few months I took p5p, but b-complex over many months.

For what reason should I take the antibiotics ?

I didn't eat starches for 6 months.

MrSmart

A few months I took p5p, but b-complex over many months.

For what reason should I take the antibiotics ?

I didn't eat starches for 6 months.
Because your mast cell degranulation is LPS induced, and you appear to be hypersensitive to histamine as a response. Your antibiotic course must be low dosed and extended. How do you react to pure aspirin?

OP
M

Motif

Because your mast cell degranulation is LPS induced, and you appear to be hypersensitive to histamine as a response. Your antibiotic course must be low dosed and extended. How do you react to pure aspirin?

Ah i See!

I would need to try how I react on Aspirin. I can't tell you right now.

zewe

@zewe

Thanks.
I really just don't know what to do.

Supplement zinc and copper?

Welcome, Motif.

Listen, if you are histamine intolerant, you'll not be able to eat the way most do here at the forum. Bone broth, orange juice, gelatin, fish/shellfish, etc???????
Yikes! I'd get really sick if I consumed those foods.

Also, aspirin will raise your histamine levels. You might think antihistamines are good to use but they are not. First, they will suppress your body's
production of the DAO enzyme, needed to breakdown histamine. Second, I only use antihistamines as a rescue remedy, when I can't get histamine down
naturally. And different antihistamines work on different receptors which act on different parts of the body. If you use them regularly, you'll have a very hard time getting
back to your "baseline," where you feel better. Green tea will block DAO. Many meds can facilitate histamine release or reduce effectiveness of DAO.

I notice you said you're down to about 5 foods which you can eat without a reaction. Besides the zinc info, that's why I posted the article from healing histamine.
The author also had a time when this happened to her. Bear in mind that severe calorie restriction [ie not eating] can activate mast cells and one of the mediators
that mast cells release is histamine. ANY kind of stress will activate them! Heat, cold, over excursion, mental stress, friction from clothing...…

I'm not sure if you have histamine intolerance or a purely mast cell disorder or both. I think both because of your eczema. Everyone is different as to what they
react to, so you'll have to read much and experiment. The thing with histamine is that your body can't break the excess down. This could be due to eating too many
high histamine foods and/or DAO blocking foods, impaired methylation, not enough of histamine degrading gut bacteria [very different from standard probiotics,]
genetics: defects involving 2 enzymes diamine oxidase [DAO] or histamine N-methyltransferase which bind and breakdown histamine, preventing excess.

I don't know how old you are but this can get very problematic over time....debilitating for me. I'll be 60 in a couple of months and the symptoms I had when younger
were mostly a nuisance. Severe trauma [ie high stress] pushed me over the edge. When I learned about histamine intolerance/mast cell activation, all the ailments I had
including miscarriages, bloody nose, pain, allergies, anxiety, here and there eczema, etc suddenly came to light. These disorders can have many faces affecting all parts of the body.
They cluster in families. One of my brothers is schizophrenic which is a trauma in itself and very much related to what I'm talking about.

Okay, I'm digressing, back to your question. I'd be very careful about supplementing as an increase in one nutrient affects the balance of another. I know how to eat but
when I have flares, it is very difficult to cook. So, I don't just rely on food. Without a testing lab at my utter disposal, it's much too complicated to know what to supplement
individually. Here's what I do/take for the histamine problems.

Salt is a natural antihistamine. I use CELTIC SEA SALT because of the dense mineral content. It has all the trace minerals used by the body. ALL white salt has been
stripped of its minerals. Since I have adrenal dysfunction, I use this liberally on my food. I also use it to bring down histamine levels; whether I have a runny nose [clear]]
or am in great pain or high anxiety. I do this more often when things are extreme but also EVERY day:

Place 1/8 to 1/4 tsp celtic salt at the tip of your tongue and allow to dissolve. This avoids undissolved salt in you tummy and also acts like taking a supplement sublingually,
where it enters your bloodstream quickly.....remember histamine circulates thru the bloodstream. Chase this with about 2 cups water and drink within 5 minutes. This much
will keep you from building up too much sodium. Plus water thins secretions in the nose, lungs. Histamine makes me pee frequently and it doesn't matter how much or little or
what I drink. Your body can absorb about 32 oz/hour without causing problems for the kidneys, if no kidney ailments. This actually can help me to not pee so much as I am flushing
histamine out of my body. I do this 2x in the morning and 2 to 3x more throughout the day. If you want a rule of thumb do half your body weight in oz of water.

Also, 1st thing in the morning, I take my 1st water mixed with 2tsp of chlorella and 1tsp of spirulina powder, These algae have antihistamine properties, are nutrient dense
[vitamins and minerals] and chlorella is very good at binding and removing heavy metals.

I also take 200 mg of SAM-e which helps with methylation.

Since my adrenals are stressed I take 12.5 to 25 mg. of pregnenolone which helps to clear up my sinuses and reduce phlegm in my lungs.

Rose hips for Vitamin C which lowers histamine.

Methylated B vitamins for methylation. Don't take B complex none have ALL the methylated Bs. I get these from Life Extension Two Per Day Multi-vitamins.

It is important to note that ALL these things together help me lower histamine. Everyone is different, so you'll have to experiment. I take other things but that's another post.

This post took a long time and I have to pick up my son....if I forgot anything, I'll post later.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

@zewe

Thanks!

I'm 33 and of course I don't eat "peatish". It would kill me.

I had symptoms like constipation and add since I can remember. With 20+ the skin issues came up.

Constipation is gone when I take ox bile.

Spirulina and chlorella give me eczema.

Most people of the family from my mothers side have issues. I guess it's something genetic.
I'm really losing hope to fix it

zewe

NEVER give up hope!

I can't post that often nor quickly....My hands have been clocked at 5 words per minute!
But I do watch your threads because of their content.

Reseachers are finding more about these complications daily and I keep up with the reading. So, I'll keep ya updated and find good people for you to read.

Start with Yasmina at healing histamine. She pulled herself out of LIFE THREATENING conditions. She's very easy to read and keeps up on research. She's a health journalist who has worked for CNN, BBC and Sixty Minutes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals