MK-4

I just heard Georgi's interview with Mercola where he discussed MK-4
I see that Idealabs carries a product called Kuinone. I'm wondering what the recommended dosage is daily? He says minimum 45mg on interview but mercola suggested 3 times per day and not once. I want to build bone density having a mother with severe osteoporosis and multiple fractures. I now have lowered bone density so am trying to do what I can to mitigate risk. This seems to be one powerful way.

Jonk

45 mg seems like a lot. Like with all vitamins taken at higher than physiological doses one should be aware that you're now using them more as a drug than a nutrient. Not saying it's anything wrong with that but something to keep in mind. Maybe the only exception is vitamin D since you can get very high equivalent doses from sunlight even though you wouldn't naturally find those amounts in food.

Jonk

I now have lowered bone density so am trying to do what I can to mitigate risk.
Have you got labs tested like PTH, prolactin and vitamin D?

For context:

"...but hypothyroidism often leads to hyperprolactinemia and hypercortisolemia, which are two of the most clearly established causes of osteoporosis."

"Calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B6- , vitamin K, and vitamin D are important for the development and maintenance of bones. For example, a vitamin A deficiency limits the synthesis of progesterone and proteins. In calcium deficiency, parathyroid hormone is increased, and tends to cause the typical changes of aging, shifting calcium from hard tissues to soft, and decreasing the ratio of extracellular to intracellular (excitatory) calcium."

"Thyroid and progesterone, unlike estrogen, stimulate bone-building, and are associated with a decreased risk of cancer. It seems sensible to use thyroid and progesterone for their general anti-degenerative effects, protecting the bones, joints, brain, immune system, heart, blood vessels, breasts, etc."

TucsonJJ

2-4 mg is plenty of k2.
Jeeze, I've been taking 1-3caps of 100mcg K2 Mk4 per day... sounds like this is not nearly enough for a daily dose? I do have an unopened bottle of 5mg... maybe take 1-2X/week on top of the current dose?
What daily or weekly dose do you recommend?

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
I see that Idealabs carries a product called Kuinone. I'm wondering what the recommended dosage is daily? He says minimum 45mg on interview but mercola suggested 3 times per day and not once. I want to build bone density having a mother with severe osteoporosis and multiple fractures. I now have lowered bone density so am trying to do what I can to mitigate risk. This seems to be one powerful way.
45mg was the highest dose used in studies if I am not mistaken.
I dont know if anybody would need that much.
I tried to use up to 5mg per day, but that is to much for me. It is to stimulating.
I am taking now 1mg per day and it seems I need to take a break for a day or two even with that much.
I am taking Thorne's, 1mg per dose. I have also haidut's but his is 2mg per drop.
Start experimenting. This is my experience.

cremes

I take 10 drops of Kuinone orally every day and a few times a week add another 10-20 topically. Each drop is 2mg. I feel fine and it has completely resolved the bruising issues I have (had) from taking a prescription blood thinner.

The question is if I could get similar results with a lower dose. I don't know. I can afford the 10 drops a day and it scratches my itch so I'm not going to change it.

BTW, if you are interested in this vitamin I highly recommend taking a peek at the research at Koncentrated K - Vitamin K1,MK4, MK7 with Astaxanthin

haidut

Forum Supporter

I am pretty sure I did not say 45min is the minimum daily dosage. AFAIR, we discussed several doses and I mentioned 1mg, 5mg and higher doses in different contexts. So, unless that discussion was edited out, there should be more detailed info on various dosing regimens/contexts in the interview.

Dave Clark

Yeah, isn't 45 mg the dose that the Japanese study did where there was no side effects up to that amount? Doesn't mean you have to take that much, just means they didn't see a problem up to that amount, if I recall correctly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals