OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Minocycline Antibiotic Log

BP 118 71
Pulse 75

After coffee, with slightly hard beating heart.

I dont think this is a BP issue, I think this is a adrenaline issue. Something to do with keeping my temps up, or trying to keep my pulse up, not enough thyroid so adrenaline working overtime. And when I hit the coffee, it shoots the adrenaline up much further then normal. So, maybe, I needed to up my thyroid meds instead of lowering them. Just thinking out loud here.

narouz

Charlie said:
BP 118 71
Pulse 75

After coffee, with slightly hard beating heart.

I dont think this is a BP issue, I think this is a adrenaline issue. Something to do with keeping my temps up, or trying to keep my pulse up, not enough thyroid so adrenaline working overtime. And when I hit the coffee, it shoots the adrenaline up much further then normal. So, maybe, I needed to up my thyroid meds instead of lowering them. Just thinking out loud here.

The theoretical scenario you describe could be the case.
It would be helpful to know what your blood pressure is when you're definitely experiencing the hard-pounding.
That would give us some better sense of how worried to be about it.
If it turned out to be around 120/80 or thereabouts...
I would think you wouldn't have to be scared of it.
It might be that you've getting freaked by your heart beating and pressurizing normally.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I got my BP cuff and on standby waiting for the pounding heart. Soon as I get a reading in that state I will let you know.

Started the Nutri-meds a few minutes ago. Will nibble on a half pill through out the day.

Still constipated btw. As I think back, it got worse as I stopped the thyroid supplement. There was about a weeks time, when my supplementing was pretty high, that I had normal bowel movements.

narouz

Charlie said:
I got my BP cuff and on standby waiting for the pounding heart. Soon as I get a reading in that state I will let you know.

Started the Nutri-meds a few minutes ago. Will nibble on a half pill through out the day.

Still constipated btw. As I think back, it got worse as I stopped the thyroid supplement. There was about a weeks time, when my supplementing was pretty high, that I had normal bowel movements.

Alright!
So your Nutri-Med Porcine are tablets?
My Nutri-Med Bovine is capsule form.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Yeh, I got the tablets, they do have capsule though and there is supposed to be even less ingredients in those.

I dunno, reading around the net everyone says the nutri-meds is extremely weak.

Seeing, as to how this heartbeat thing is still going on, even though it was more then a couple weeks from taking thiroyd, I am considering just taking the thiroyd because I know its strong and does work. Decision decisions.

narouz

Charlie said:
Yeh, I got the tablets, they do have capsule though and there is supposed to be even less ingredients in those.

I dunno, reading around the net everyone says the nutri-meds is extremely weak.

Seeing, as to how this heartbeat thing is still going on, even though it was more then a couple weeks from taking thiroyd, I am considering just taking the thiroyd because I know its strong and does work. Decision decisions.

I feel the Nutri-Med does work.
I just haven't established how strong it is relative to other NDT I take.

If you take the Thiroyd
and then you get the pounding heart...
where are you at: reaction to Thiroyd or reaction to T1,2,3,4...?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I thought it was too much T3. However, since I still get it and am not taking thiroyd, I am thinking too much adrenaline.

narouz

Charlie-
A certain reliable source here on our board
told me she substituted the Nutri-Med Bovine (130mg) for Armour (60mg)
at the same capsule to tablet dosage,
and it was working fine for her.
In other words, Armour was about twice as strong as the Nutri-Med, in her experience.
But this source also said she was getting too high of a pulse rate
on the Armour,
and that the Nutri-Med didn't do that.
She also said, while she had not talked to Peat directly about the Nutri-Med,
that a friend of hers who talks to Peat very regularly
was also using the the Nutri-Med with good results
and, apparently, perhaps, with Peat's approval.
It would seem to be the purest NDT out there.
Only added ingredient in the gelatin capsule,
and it is "from free-range sources."

If you wanted to go with the Nutri-Med,
you could start with like 1/2 a capsule or tab
(how many milligrams are the tab form?),
chart your temps and pulses for about 3 days,
see if you see some movement.
If you do, stay at that dose for at least a week,
then go up another 1/2 if you need to.
If you don't see any movement after 3 days,
personally I would go on up to a whole tablet.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

narouz, check out this post:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/2263747-post4.html

Anything that is sold over the counter in the US or Canada has had the active hormones, T4 and T3, removed from it. It is illegal to sell the active hormone without a prescription here. That's not to say you definitely won't get any improvement from it... just that you won't get the same result as Rx meds.

narouz

Charlie said:

Anything that is sold over the counter in the US or Canada has had the active hormones, T4 and T3, removed from it. It is illegal to sell the active hormone without a prescription here. That's not to say you definitely won't get any improvement from it... just that you won't get the same result as Rx meds.

I have to say I do not know the truth about Nutri-Meds.
I mean, I never have figured out why they can be sold without prescription.
I've hypothesized that it is the way they state what their product is.
If they don't claim that it has T3 or T4, then maybe they can sell it without prescription...?
What they say they're selling is "Raw Bovine or Porcine Thyroid Tissue."

When you think about, it would be weird if you were not allowed to sell dessicated organ from a cow or pig.
I mean we buy and eat all kinds of cow and pig organs all the time.
Thymus, liver, gonads, kidneys, etc.

That has been my working hypothesis:
that they can sell it OTC if they don't make claims about "medically recognized active ingredients,"
namely T3 and T4.
It's in there (so my hypothesis runs)
along with all the other T's and whatever else is in a thyroid gland tissue.
But they only claim that it is "raw thyroid tissue."

But I do concede that your doubts are warranted.
I mean--it's not wrong to want to be assured that the NDT product you're taking does indeed have T3 and T4!

On the other hand, the general claim asserted by the poster you cite...
I can't consider that slam-dunk proof either.
One isolated view.

Ideally I think your experiment should be done with a reliable thyroid sup other than the one you used before
when you definitely tended to suspect a cause and effect relationship with the hard-heart pounding.
Now, retrospectively, and with new experiences and data,
you've revised that view.
You now think, maybe, those things might've been unrelated.
Okay...but...I personally wouldn't feel comfortable ruling the connection out.
Therefore, ideally, I'd recommend a different supplement.

If you feel the Nutri-Med is too unproven and undocumented,
I think that is legitimate.
But I'd still recommend a different supp,
that way it's a much better, more careful experiment.

I've just been pimping the Nutri-Med to you because I know your NDT options are not unlimited.
I did get the Peat-endorsed CynoPlus online without a prescription.
That other one you are consider--was it called "Thyroid S"?
That one is not ideal just because it looks to have like The most weird additives of any NDT on the planet,
and that is one important variable you're trying to control
because you haven't ruled out that
that may've been causing the heart pounding with the "Thiroyd" a while back.

But I understand life is not an ideal experiment for sure.
I do think you're on the right track, generally, in trying to add thyroid supplement.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Well see thats the thing. I dont know much about this nutri-meds. Over at stop the thyroid madness, those people take a ton of thyroid supps, and there is never really anything great to say about nutri-meds. They say if you have to take it in a pinch, then ok but then plan on taking much extra of it. As for thyroid-s, and thiroyd, people report really good stuff from those.

How in the world, in our United States of America, do we not have someone putting out really good NDT? Is it not allowed? Does nutri-meds have to suck the T3 and T4 out of their pills, which, I dont see how they could but I am no chemist. And if they could somehow get around putting out NDT just by saying the right stuff, why hasnt another company come out and put out some really good stuff that will rock your world like the Thailand stuff does?

I know, that one post I cited cant be the be all say all. But it just makes me think. Why, why cant we get good NDT here over the counter? Or can we, and just havent found it yet?

I was taking thyroid-s, but, I was having constipation and thought well maybe it was thyroid-s causing it. So, I switched over to thiroyd, and then that is when the heart pounding started. Maybe I will go ahead with the thyroid-s again and see whats up. I do know, my temps were raising, and pulse slowly raising with it. Just things went all wrong after the switch up.

I do know this, the longer I am off thyroid supp, the worse I am feeling overall. Temps are having a hard time staying up still, mind fog is starting to set back in it seems, and just an all around not so good feeling again. I thought it was mostly because of the antibiotic, but I dunno, maybe not.

narouz

Charlie said:
Well see thats the thing. I dont know much about this nutri-meds. Over at stop the thyroid madness, those people take a ton of thyroid supps, and there is never really anything great to say about nutri-meds. They say if you have to take it in a pinch, then ok but then plan on taking much extra of it. As for thyroid-s, and thiroyd, people report really good stuff from those.

How in the world, in our United States of America, do we not have someone putting out really good NDT? Is it not allowed? Does nutri-meds have to suck the T3 and T4 out of their pills, which, I dont see how they could but I am no chemist. And if they could somehow get around putting out NDT just by saying the right stuff, why hasnt another company come out and put out some really good stuff that will rock your world like the Thailand stuff does?

I know, that one post I cited cant be the be all say all. But it just makes me think. Why, why cant we get good NDT here over the counter? Or can we, and just havent found it yet?

I was taking thyroid-s, but, I was having constipation and thought well maybe it was thyroid-s causing it. So, I switched over to thiroyd, and then that is when the heart pounding started. Maybe I will go ahead with the thyroid-s again and see whats up. I do know, my temps were raising, and pulse slowly raising with it. Just things went all wrong after the switch up.

I do know this, the longer I am off thyroid supp, the worse I am feeling overall. Temps are having a hard time staying up still, mind fog is starting to set back in it seems, and just an all around not so good feeling again. I thought it was mostly because of the antibiotic, but I dunno, maybe not.

Whichever sup you decide on, Charlie, go slowly.
I know you will.
Keep good records, and I'd include regular blood pressures too, if you can.
It would be especially great if you could measure your pressure
while in the throes of several of those heart-pounding episodes.
If you could measure a few of those,
then you could have a better feel for what kind of danger--if any--they pose.

I'd also change up some possible constipation culprits,
milk, coffee, and your magnesium citrate, for instance.
Peat said to stay away from that specific chelator (and other fancy ones).
I'd try a different milk.
And different coffee maybe.
Your Yuban, processed with that sugar and egg glaze...
again: who knows--could be an allergen for you.

Don't forget to consider doing some enemas.
They seem like a better, more gentle way of approaching the constipation,
instead of throwing a lot of harsh stuff in from the top,
possibly freaking your intestines out and having systemic effects also.

narouz

Charlie said:

Here is a cut and paste on the subject from:
http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23999
Sorry about the formatting.

Re: How does Nutri-Meds compare?

Postby Nigel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 am

oregongal wrote:My ND told me he researched Nutri-Meds and what he read was that is didn't have any thyroid hormone in it.
Your doctor has been misinformed. No thyroid hormones are removed from Nutri-Meds or similar products like Thyro-Gold or Nutri-Pak.

http://thyroid.about.com/b/2012/02/...upplements-contain-actual-thyroid-hormone.htm

oregongal wrote:I have been trying to find the amount (estimated obviously, since it's not USP), but haven't been able to get any hard data, except that 130 mg of Nutri-Meds is approximately equivalent to 1/4 grain of Armour.

2 grains (130 mg) Nutri-Meds is much much weaker than the same amount of Armour because OTC products are not extracts.

I've read the same comparison, but some have noticed the OTC products a little more effective. Armour's filler reformulation might factor in with that.

Combie

Charlie mate, I personally think you are micro managing a bit here. Thiroyd is good stuff. At least for me...so i do not believe your supp is at fault. The nibble method is working splendidly for me. About 1/6th grain a dose. about 3 times a day. Less is definitely more in my experience so far. I have no concrete idea exactly how much (to the mg) ive been taking, i just know i havent been having much and the effects are startling. I have always been this dose, that time, with all my supps and it NEVER worked out, because setting out a specific regime automatically sets you up for failure i believe. Do what u feel, not what you think. Ray never says this dose that time really, just general reccomendations, and i think thats why. If i feel i need another nibble i have one. If i dont i dont.

Birdie

Charlie,
I came over here to report that we've been eating grapes the past few days and things are moving. Just in case you need another idea!

Also, we made a batch of beet chips today which I imagine will have some whirlwind effect since we can't stop eating them.

J

j.

Birdie said:
Charlie,
I came over here to report that we've been eating grapes the past few days and things are moving. Just in case you need another idea!

Also, we made a batch of beet chips today which I imagine will have some whirlwind effect since we can't stop eating them.

Good grapes rule. Too bad they're hard to find for me now.

Birdie

j. said:
Birdie said:
Charlie,

Good grapes rule. Too bad they're hard to find for me now.

:lol: They do. But, sorry ^^.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

narouz said:
Whichever sup you decide on, Charlie, go slowly.
I know you will.
Keep good records, and I'd include regular blood pressures too, if you can.
It would be especially great if you could measure your pressure
while in the throes of several of those heart-pounding episodes.
If you could measure a few of those,
then you could have a better feel for what kind of danger--if any--they pose.

I'd also change up some possible constipation culprits,
milk, coffee, and your magnesium citrate, for instance.
Peat said to stay away from that specific chelator (and other fancy ones).
I'd try a different milk.
And different coffee maybe.
Your Yuban, processed with that sugar and egg glaze...
again: who knows--could be an allergen for you.

Don't forget to consider doing some enemas.
They seem like a better, more gentle way of approaching the constipation,
instead of throwing a lot of harsh stuff in from the top,
possibly freaking your intestines out and having systemic effects also.

Yep, gonna go slow narouz. I am on 1/8th a pill twice a day with thiroyd and already temps are kicking butt. Pulse, well, still not near where they should be, hopefully in time though. I just dont feel to excited about taking the nutri-meds, and, if you need to take almost 4 times as much, it really becomes a cost issue for me.

It seemed that my bowels were going to start back up, but now, it doesnt look like it. So I will be looking for an enema solution soon. uggggh

Also, I cut back on milk to 1/2 of what I was drinking, milk even cut back further.

Gonna work on a new source of coffee, just gotta get to the big city for that unless someone can recommend something online, preferably whole bean as I want to grind fresh each time.

Birdie said:
Charlie,

Birdie, thank you. I love me some grapes and will check out whats available next time I hit the store. Beets are pretty awesome and I actually have some I need to cook. Are beets high in iron? Do we need to make sure we have coffee with it?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thanks to Combies kick in the butt I have some gummy squares, well, actually rounds because I used a pie dish. So yeh, gummy rounds are in the fridge getting ready. Thing is, I am already craving them. :confused

Combie

Charlie said:
It seemed that my bowels were going to start back up, but now, it doesnt look like it. So I will be looking for an enema solution soon. uggggh
Have you eaten a solid meal?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals