Looking For "top 12" Vitamin/mineral Deficiency Plot

Discussion in 'Vitamins' started by Cirion, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Cirion

Cirion Member

I saw a really nice plot that clearly showed the top 10-12 or so deficiencies and it included % (how many % of people have the deficiencies) and I am upset with myself because I didn't save the picture and now can't find it, was posted somewhere in these forums, but completely forgot where.

Can anyone point me to where it is?

If it helps, the plot looked something like this:

[​IMG]

Where the X axis was % deficiency, and the vitamins/minerals were ordered in ranking of decreasing rate of deficiency kinda like how this example plot is laid out.

Thanks...

2. OP
    Cirion

Cirion Member

3. ExCarniv

ExCarniv Member

4. OP
    Cirion

Cirion Member

Yeah dunno. I don't think it's a catch all graphic, just based upon RDA, not ODA (optimal daily value).

If you look in the lens of ODA, magnesium could perhaps be #1. I'm just now realizing my magnesium intake has been way, way way way too low and could be why I have been spinning my wheels.

Rethinking Magnesium: Why You're Deficient And Need To Supplement

Suggests I might need to be as high as 2,000 mg a day and sometimes I get maybe 15-20% that.

That 93% VE number definitely makes me glad I decided to start supplementing VE again tho.

5. ExCarniv

ExCarniv Member

Yes, Magnesium is a game changer imo, I'm taking 400mg on top of what I get from foods and I'm nearly 800mg daily and some days 1000mg

6. OP
    Cirion

Cirion Member

The crazy thing is you can be deficient at even 1,000 mg. I'm not saying you are necessarily but just keep in mind. 1,000 is definitely better than most people get tho. The guy in that article I just linked, he said he was deficient despite getting 1,000 a day. Part of that is it seems he works out a lot, which can drain magnesium.

7. ExCarniv

ExCarniv Member

Yes heavy workouts, stress, iron overload, bluelight, EMFs etc all deplete magnesium, so even at 1000mg one could be deficient.

8. rob

rob Member

On minerals like magnesium and zinc, depends on absorption as well given phyates in plant sources... brings bioavailability right down. Plus magnesium deficiency inhibits calcium absorption so imagine people aren’t always getting the calcium they think they are.

Btw, amazed potassium isn’t in there alongside, as mentioned, K2.

9. OP
    Cirion

Cirion Member

Yeah I think that plot is only vs. RDA and not vs. actual measured deficiencies so maybe it's not that great of a plot after all. Still, if one isn't getting RDA, they are probably deficient also. But one can easily be deficient and getting the RDA.

10. schultz

schultz Member

Neat. Surprised vitamin C is there. A lot of those vitamins that people are getting are probably from fortification, otherwise I would think those B's would be much higher. Lol @ carbohydrate being on there.

11. CLASH

CLASH Member

No one is actually deficient in Vit A, its really a poison lol........

12. CLASH

CLASH Member

Also, thank god no one is deficient in thier essential fatty acids, wouldnt want any epidemics of scaly skin rashes....

13. Ella

Ella Member

Good thyroid function is required to hang onto magnesium.

14. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

This looked interesting, a magnesium supplement I have not seen before. Has anyone here tried it? Looks like it may be good for absorption, albeit in a non-Peat design. MicroMag Powder | Optimized Magnesium