Liver And Oyster 1x Week On Same Day

sprinter

I dislike eating liver and oysters.

As of late, on Sundays, I've been eating a tin of Trader Joe's oysters and frying up some chicken livers in coconut oil. I prefer to eat them at the same time, so I only have to eat one disgusting meal a week! I just get it over with in one sitting!

Do you think there is any benefit to NOT having the liver and oysters at the same time? I prefer doing it the way I have been, but would I be better of having them on separate days?

mt_dreams

I dislike eating liver and oysters.

As of late, on Sundays, I've been eating a tin of Trader Joe's oysters and frying up some chicken livers in coconut oil. I prefer to eat them at the same time, so I only have to eat one disgusting meal a week! I just get it over with in one sitting!

Do you think there is any benefit to NOT having the liver and oysters at the same time? I prefer doing it the way I have been, but would I be better of having them on separate days?

The benefit of having them at separate meals is the optimal absorption of both copper from liver & zinc from oysters. They have the same pathway in the body, so if you eat at the same time, you may not be absorbing both minerals. Are you adding sugar to the liver? A bit of maple syrup or palm sugar will mask the taste of the liver. If you dislike eating these things, go for some blood work to see if you even need the boost in minerals in the first place. Copper and b-vitamins from liver are easy to get from other foods Beef also contains zinc, so if you eat a lot of it, you may not need the boost from oysters.

OP
sprinter

sprinter

Thanks. I actually feel good after eating liver and oysters. I just hate the taste. I used to eat the liver with onions and it tasted better to me that way. Just been to lazy to cook them lately. I should get bloodwork done. Thanks for the answers and suggestions.

They will get your stomach aching if you eat them together... at least for me they did.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals