Running Out Of Things To Eat?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

Since switching over to ray peat 6 weeks ago. I have developed an obnoxious insatiable hunger. I have a large amount of muscle mass and am only 21 years of age. I have having trouble staying satiated and eating enough. I have been gaining quite a bit of muscle on the diet.

Today I have already consumed
1 gallon of 1% milk with honey/gelatin
Eggs(2 yolks/4 whites)+ 1 potato+ Orange juice. Eating this meal three(3) separate times.
Cheese and apple juice

What else can I eat? I go through about a gallon of milk a day alongside half gallon of OJ, ton's of egg whites and plenty of yolks. Lot's of potato and butter. Doing oysters and liver 2x a week or so.

What are some peat approved foods and changes I can add to my diet? I cannot afford oxtail atm. Fruit is a pain to cook and does nothing for satiation.

Also whats the high end of fructose for a single day? Am I getting to much through honey/oj?

Thanks for any help

theLaw

Might want to throw all of that into the Cronometer, and post it to give others an idea about your caloric intake and breakdown.

I'm betting you're caloric intake is too low.:eek:

Sounds like a good problem to have. Maybe use whole eggs always? Maybe add some steak w/mushrooms, shrimp, etc.? Tons of calories is probably fine if you're hungry and you can afford it. If you can't afford it, maybe mix in some cheaper carbs like oatmeal and kraft mac & cheese.

As far as I understand, there's no concrete upper limit to fructose intake, assuming you're getting enough nutrients.

lampofred

Be careful with eating too many American eggs, they are strongly serotonergic and are very high in AA (the PUFA that is actually important). That's why Peat limits them to only a few per week at most.

I know restricting your diet even further must be the opposite of what you wanted to hear lol

It's impossible for me to actually stick to everything he considers "good." I basically eat every starch without restriction (he says starches aren't necessarily bad), eat any fruit, any vegetable that tastes good, and any dish with beef since it is mostly saturated fat. I also eat yogurt but make sure to drink a lot of sugar with it because it depletes liver glycogen. Above all, I rely on taste except when it comes to avoiding PUFA because taste usually guides me to foods within Peat's guidelines (except when it comes to fries and chicken wings...)

Admittedly this does get orthorexic very quickly...

Last edited:

Diokine

How is your digestion? Are you sleeping pretty well? A gallon of milk a day and half a gallon of OJ a day is a lot of liquid.

Mushrsoom and green veggie broths with salt are very delicous and keep me satisfied for a good while after I drink them. Add in some nutritional yeast and it's even better.

What are you craving? Think about what sounds really good to you.

sladerunner69

Yes I experience this too and the level and frequency of hunger is directly related to how fast my metabolism is working and the variety of supplements I am on. I recommend staying satiated with extra fruit and juice, fructose and sugar are the optimal fuel to keep the metabolism stoked and everything functioning properly.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Be careful with eating too many American eggs, they are strongly serotonergic and are very high in AA (the PUFA that is actually important). That's why Peat limits them to only a few per week at most.

I know restricting your diet even further must be the opposite of what you wanted to hear lol

It's impossible for me to actually stick to everything he considers "good." I basically eat every starch without restriction (he says starches aren't necessarily bad), eat any fruit, any vegetable that tastes good, and any dish with beef since it is mostly saturated fat. I also eat yogurt but make sure to drink a lot of sugar with it because it depletes liver glycogen. Above all, I rely on taste except when it comes to avoiding PUFA because taste usually guides me to foods within Peat's guidelines (except when it comes to fries and chicken wings...)

Admittedly this does get orthorexic very quickly...

I wasn't aware of the draw back to eggs, thanks for the info. I am gonna need to eat more beef in replacement.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

How is your digestion? Are you sleeping pretty well? A gallon of milk a day and half a gallon of OJ a day is a lot of liquid.

Mushrsoom and green veggie broths with salt are very delicous and keep me satisfied for a good while after I drink them. Add in some nutritional yeast and it's even better.

What are you craving? Think about what sounds really good to you.

I would say digestion is average. As for sleep, it's like the sugar is keeping me up rather than lowering cortisol/adrenaline. Since starting peat, I cannot fall asleep till 1:30 or so, which is late for me. I Generally wake up around 9:30 pretty fatigued. Unless I don't workout for a few days.

So he excess liquid can be an issue? I generally wake up quite dehydrated.

OrangeJuice

I would say digestion is average. As for sleep, it's like the sugar is keeping me up rather than lowering cortisol/adrenaline. Since starting peat, I cannot fall asleep till 1:30 or so, which is late for me. I Generally wake up around 9:30 pretty fatigued. Unless I don't workout for a few days.

So he excess liquid can be an issue? I generally wake up quite dehydrated.

RBTI says no meats or sweets after 2 pm (or lunch meal)....Also, too many liquids. You shouldn't have a lot of liquid later in the day (if you are)...have more in the earlier part of day then slowly wane off or have less and less. Your blood sugar rises later in the evening naturally and by consuming too many liquids your gonna have blood sugar crash at night. Also, too many sweets or too much sugar in the evening isn't good cause it raises your blood sugar level which is all ready rising naturally. So you'll be wired a bit.

RBTI was a revelation on understanding blood sugar regulation and control. It's KEY! If you weight lift or exercise in the evening then it's another story...a post workout recovery shake isn't going to harm anything. But the average person should have a light vegetarian dinner in the evening. Don't want to raise blood sugar to high or raise your body temperature too much. Your body is general repair mode and is winding down for the night.

Personally, I adhere to some Peatarian ideals along with core RBTI ideals. A mix of the two has been great for health. The whole 1 gallon of Milk and 1 quart of OJ a day is ridiculous. Just follow RBTI core ideals and mix in some peatarian foods and you're set. There's much overlap on the foods Ray Peat and Carey Reams like, but some they disagree on (such as Potatoes). I'd say study both and use your best judgement on what makes sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals