Lisuride worsens OCD somehow?

lateralus

I've been taking Lisuride for a few days now and I'm liking its anti-anhedonic effect but God does it make the OCD much worse. I have treatment-resistant OCD and I take Clomipramine for it, but ever since I've added Lisuride I've been getting thought loops more often than what I'm used to and intrusive thoughts in general. What mechanism is at play for this? I'm guessing its the 5HT1B agonism but not sure. Thoughts?

Mr Joe

My guess is that you are feeling the good part from lisuride effect on dopamine but you need to antagonize serotonin long enough to "reverse" the receptors. If you suffer from OCF it probably mean that your dopaminergic receptors are disregulated and serotonine is high. Go slow on lisuride but long enough to recalibrate dopaminergic receptors. The more sensitive will be your receptors, the best it will be, the less serotonin will be secreted. OCD is a low dopamine issue. On the mean time I advice you to check everything else : Protein intake, high calcium and SODIUM ! Magnesium is important as well !

OP
lateralus

lateralus

Can you show me a source for the "OCD is a low dopamine issue"? And I eat lots of protein daily. My Magnesium is in normal range. Assuming OCD is a low dopamine issue, wouldn't 9-Me-BC be great? Just a thought

Mr Joe

It's all seorotonin/cortisol/stress related : Anxiety, depression, OCD etc... see for example :

Glycine is a cortisol inhibitor so inhibiting cortisol helps inhibiting serotonin and if you inhibit serotonin you increase dopamine and GABA, improve thyroid and thus global oxidative mechanisme and you feel well. I don't know for 9-Me-BC but it's quite usual that anxious people with high seorotonin and low dopamin experience OCD as well.

LazloC

I have the same issue with OCD and am going off of SSRI currently. Would it be ok to use lisuride with 5-methoxy-hamalate to address the serotonin side as well as the dopaminergic side?

OP
lateralus

lateralus

I have the same issue with OCD and am going off of SSRI currently. Would it be ok to use lisuride with 5-methoxy-hamalate to address the serotonin side as well as the dopaminergic side?
Well on paper there shouldn't be any interaction but who knows. If you do try it update me please.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals