L. Reuteri For Hair Loss

helpmyhair

Someone mentioned Perfecthairhealth dot com in an earlier thread. Unfortunately because I'm a new member, can't post links yet.

Anyway, this guy who runs that site just posted an article about a probiotic called L. Reuteri. Maybe someone else can link it. Apparently he thinks it could help alot with hair loss as it helps thyroid function, vitamin D absorption, etc.

Wondering what you guys think about it

ddjd

Biogaia are only company that sell this strand

I think it's biogaia gastrus

biffbelvin

I was thinking of trying some of this out, but do you guys think it would be completely negated by activated charcoal?

I take 380mg of activated charcoal nightly. It has definitely reduced excess gas and sped up intestinal function, feces is less watery etc. On the other hand I've taken probiotics (as high as 6billion cfu) with no discernible benefit.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I was thinking of trying some of this out, but do you guys think it would be completely negated by activated charcoal?

I take 380mg of activated charcoal nightly. It has definitely reduced excess gas and sped up intestinal function, feces is less watery etc. On the other hand I've taken probiotics (as high as 6billion cfu) with no discernible benefit.

You definitely shouldn't take them close together. Perhaps take the charcoal at night and the probiotics midday.

Constatine

Note there are many different species of L.Reuteri. We don't know if a property seen in one species can be applied to another. I have a bottle of one species of it but get endotoxin symptoms every time I take it. Though my digestion is poor right now due to powerful antibiotic use. I don't suffer hair loss so I can't tell how it works in this regard, but it does seem to increase libido.

TubZy

Note there are many different species of L.Reuteri. We don't know if a property seen in one species can be applied to another. I have a bottle of one species of it but get endotoxin symptoms every time I take it. Though my digestion is poor right now due to powerful antibiotic use. I don't suffer hair loss so I can't tell how it works in this regard, but it does seem to increase libido.

You get it from custom probiotics?

Art Vandelay

For any fellow Aussies that may be interested Chemist Warehouse has a sale on http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/63401/Blackmores-Digestive-Bio-Balance-30-Tablets for $14.99.

It is the DSM 17938 strain though, not the ATCC PTA 6475 strain which has the reported ball-maximizing effects. Worth a shot though so I picked up 2 packs and will report back with any findings. I'm also attempting to make my own yogurt with the strain by crushing 2 tablets into 500ml of milk - no clue if this will work but the 200 million organism count per tablet is quite low, so if I can increase the count by doing this I'm willing to risk a few tablets.

ddjd

I took a L-REUTERI product from Swanson and it reduced my metabolism hugely!!! Pulse went down to 40s! They couldn't tell me what strain it is but it was quite scary

Constatine

I took a L-REUTERI product from Swanson and it reduced my metabolism hugely!!! Pulse went down to 40s! They couldn't tell me what strain it is but it was quite scary
Did you feel bad on it. Taking any bacteria straight will lead to some sort of stress reaction.

ddjd

Did you feel bad on it. Taking any bacteria straight will lead to some sort of stress reaction.
No it really helped me sleep and reduced my anxiety a lot. But the ridiculously low pulse really scared me after a while

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals