Is disabling 5g on a smartphone enough?

freyasam

I need a new smartphone, and unfortunately it will likely have to be a 5g phone (long story and I've wasted hours trying to find a 4G only phone that works with my carrier). Is disabling 5G on a 5G-compatible cell phone just as good as simply using a 4g only phone?

Last edited:

Lollipop2

Truth is having or not having a 5G phone won’t seem to matter - remember 5G and any harm they might cause can be used via satellite directly on an area - they don’t need your phone. The 5G phone will be necessary for digital id’s and all the data they want to attach like CBDC’s and your direct account at the Fed.

Finding a flip phone might be better - no smartphone - harder to get you hooked in to their data network...

OP
F

freyasam

Finding a flip phone might be better
I'm considering it. The non-internet flip phones I've seen require $30/month plans, which is more than the $20/month I pay for my smart phone through Republic wireless, unfortunately. And landlines are expensive, too!

Lollipop2

I'm considering it. The non-internet flip phones I've seen require $30/month plans, which is more than the $20/month I pay for my smart phone through Republic wireless, unfortunately. And landlines are expensive, too!
Amazing they make the flip phone so expensive ?

K

Kayaker

I doubt 5G would be on unless your mobile data was on and you were in an area with it. But whether you can turn off 5G and only do 4G, dunno.

mrchibbs

I myself have bought a low SAR phone and I won't rely on 5G but yeah like @lollipop stated, the real damage is out of our immediate control.

cardochav

There is no true 5g in the US, only 3g and LTE, it’s all marketing right now. Rob Braxman has a good informative video about the topic.

Phosphor

Turning off 5G on your phone will prevent its radiating you at that level but as others have said, won't stop incoming.
I have a flip phone with Verizon and pay $32 a month for unlimited talk and text. I have the data turned off and use only my computer, which is ethernet wired and no wifi in my house. I can't stay away from others' wifi though, and can hear it in my house wiring (bzzt bzzzt, maybe a digital meter broadcasting) if I am listening over Zoom to something.

Cuberunner

Maybe just do airplane mode with WiFi whenever it's available and try WiFi calling. Or Ethernet which is better ofc if u can to minimize emf.

RealNeat

Turning off 5G on your phone will prevent its radiating you at that level but as others have said, won't stop incoming.
I have a flip phone with Verizon and pay $32 a month for unlimited talk and text. I have the data turned off and use only my computer, which is ethernet wired and no wifi in my house. I can't stay away from others' wifi though, and can hear it in my house wiring (bzzt bzzzt, maybe a digital meter broadcasting) if I am listening over Zoom to something.
This is exactly what i do. I have my iphone on ethernet and stray wifi (lol) only. No in house wireless. I also have a magic jack landline phone $50 a year. I love my flip, its so dumb.

You think that landline buzz interference is RF from where? The smart meter, stray RF etc?

As far as OPs question goes, unfortunately most phones past a certain generation, especially apple, will not have the disable feature present anymore. The tags, like apple has, use a non modifiable radio transmission for locating and webbing phones and items (called UWB). Get ready for the disaster that is the internet of things! theyll prbably try to arrest us for destroying their connection grid, just like when we dont get vaccinated "for others."

Your best bet is to turn on lowest generation data or just turn data off, use a faraday case for the web forming RF waves and use the lowest generation that still functions well (as far as operating systems go). Decluttr has good used phones and so do local pawns and FB groups.

Last edited:

RealNeat

It appears that 5G phones in Canada may not be really 5G. Just an excuse for the roll out of 5G towers.

View: https://twitter.com/Earstohearyou/status/1609505629642850306

A lot a places dont yet have ultra wideband or whatever bs name they want to give the highest registers of 5G. Right now, espeically in rural places they are just bluffing and using the LTE spectrum as 5G. A simple way to find out is to find out your local cell providers and call them up saying you want true 5G and ask them specifically for the frequency ranges. They WILL give it to you if you ask specifically, pretty sure they are required to tell you, thats pretty much the only surefire way to know.

I talk as if im interested in it and ask if they have any plans in the future for a higher frequency installation, that lets me know how much time I have before i need to get out of dodge.

David PS

A lot a places dont yet have ultra wideband or whatever bs name they want to give the highest registers of 5G. Right now, espeically in rural places they are just bluffing and using the LTE spectrum as 5G. A simple way to find out is to find out your local cell providers and call them up saying you want true 5G and ask them specifically for the frequency ranges. They WILL give it to you if you ask specifically, pretty sure they are required to tell you, thats pretty much the only surefire way to know.

I talk as if im interested in it and ask if they have any plans in the future for a higher frequency installation, that lets me know how much time I have before i need to get out of dodge.
Thanks. I have fallen for their bluff and I did not realize that there was still time to get out of dodge. :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals