Is A Saltwater Flush Safe For Constipation?

x-ray peat

sounds a bit harsh and stressful on the body. IMO something that cleans you out in 30 minutes cant be good if the body is in such a rush to expel it.
I use magnesium carbonate. 3/4 tsp. works overnight and is gentle as long as you dont take too much.

michael94

Hit or miss...not necessarily stressful because youre consuming a saline solution. If intestines are actually under a lot of stress ( and constricted/inflamed like Ray mentioned happens ) the solution just ends up getting absorbed and doesnt do too much. This can be stressful because of excess water and cause edema, but not end of world... usually...

edit: variations I saw/used were a saline solution, not hypertonic
1/2 tsp salt per 8oz

Last edited:

Elize

I do the salt water flush every.2 weeks combined with deep breathing. Eat liquidised food that day.. I do mine in the morning. The evening before I take magnesium to loosen things up. After flush I take an adrenal cocktail. Works well for me.

x-ray peat

I do the salt water flush every.2 weeks combined with deep breathing. Eat liquidised food that day.. I do mine in the morning. The evening before I take magnesium to loosen things up. After flush I take an adrenal cocktail. Works well for me.
Curious what benefits you're seeing. Are you doing it for detox?

Elize

Hi
Colon cleansing has always been part of ancient traditions to improve mental, pysical, emotional and spiritual healing. Just as you keep the insides of your car clean by regular services so too we should care for the insides of our bodies. Thus for me is it is part of a bigger plan and not just a detox. It is a way of life practices. I find it keeps my skin clear, weight balanced and helps me to keep my gut as healthy as possible. I live my life with a thyroid issue coupled with Celiacs disease and this way to also ensures that I keep my gut health as well as possible. I use my thyroid medication, Cascara Sagrada and no other supplements as I react to just about all of them. I follow a low fodmap, low histamine plan in the hope to get over the hypo thyroid state, clear antibodies and get my T3 levels to healthy levels. I am looking into adding one of Haidut's products to lower histamine, estrogen and deal with the hypoglycemia issues I have. I use the salt flush as per guidelines I was taught in India during ashram visits, it is not just about clearing you colon, coffee is good to use now and then as it helps with liver health. Applecider vinegar can also be used.

Hope I answered your question.

Best wishes

Elize

EIRE24

Hi
Colon cleansing has always been part of ancient traditions to improve mental, pysical, emotional and spiritual healing. Just as you keep the insides of your car clean by regular services so too we should care for the insides of our bodies. Thus for me is it is part of a bigger plan and not just a detox. It is a way of life practices. I find it keeps my skin clear, weight balanced and helps me to keep my gut as healthy as possible. I live my life with a thyroid issue coupled with Celiacs disease and this way to also ensures that I keep my gut health as well as possible. I use my thyroid medication, Cascara Sagrada and no other supplements as I react to just about all of them. I follow a low fodmap, low histamine plan in the hope to get over the hypo thyroid state, clear antibodies and get my T3 levels to healthy levels. I am looking into adding one of Haidut's products to lower histamine, estrogen and deal with the hypoglycemia issues I have. I use the salt flush as per guidelines I was taught in India during ashram visits, it is not just about clearing you colon, coffee is good to use now and then as it helps with liver health. Applecider vinegar can also be used.

Best wishes

Elize
So what does your diet look like?

x-ray peat

Hi

Best wishes

Elize
You certainly did answer my question. Thank you. Ill do a coffee enema every once in a while but never tried a salt flush. Ill have to look into it some more.

Elize

So what does your diet look like?
My diet - gluten free, soy free, low fodmap, low histamine and also combine it with the O blood group diet. I have done an elimination diet and know what I can have and what not.
I share as things come to me so it may not be in order

I make my own paneer and cottage cheese- do not really tolerate milk - but ok with raw milk which I can not find in Washington DC
I make my own rice, potato and sweet pototao flour - I use a Japanese sweet potato and not really yams purely as a South African/American am used to them
I buy fresh spice dry and grind them myself
I soak nuts and sprouts, grind them and use them and make my own almond butter
I use pasture raised eggs
Eat squashes, baked in the oven
I make sweet potato fries in the oven, use white potato for this too
I eat oranges but do not tolerate the juice
I eat grapes, watermelon and blue berries that has been frozen for at least 2 weeks and then make my own fruit compot from that and use it then
I eat small amounts of beef, chicken and some fish
No canned or deli foods
I make my own rice cereal from soaked Basmati Rice from India
I do use rice pasta
I do have butter beans once a week - soak them first etc
I do have raw carrots but do not tolerate the ACV or any vinegar due to histamine issues
I make my own flat breads using soaked and dried grains and beans
I make Roti from rice flour and add some store bought gluten free teff and Ghee as it makes the dough to be pliable
I use Ghee made from Amish butter, Olive Oil and Coconut oil
Make my own dressings using lemon, Olive oil and jaggery
I use Jaggery and Coconut palm sugar instead of table sugar
Shrimp I do not tolerate, I become ice cold - perhaps the iodine not sure
Strawberries I get a rash from and thus do not eat them
I do have Enjoy Chocolate chips
I make 1 minute microwave oven muffins using egg, almond butter, rice flour, jaggery or Stevia, ghee and gluten free baking powder
As a treat now and then I will make fruit sorbet
I do have liver from time to time but make my own liver pate so that I can tolerate the taste - I use chicken livers
I used to make my own Kefir and yogurt ice cream but due to histamine issues I had to hold back.
I drink coffee and tea at times with Lactose free milk since it is gluten free. I tried to use cream but got a bad rash to discover cream has added thickning agents so had to drop that. Milk also has a lot of added things so milk is also not real milk. In South AFrica, India and Hong Kong I used raw milk but am not able to find any where I am now.
I make my own stocks and broths, also make my own gelatin as the store bought versions even Great Lakes I found to be high in histamine. I make my own by cooking/steaming the bones etc for not longer than 3 hours as after that histamine is released.
O do make herbal tea using fresh ginger, fresh turmeric root and fennel
Also eat fennel
I also include broccoli, green beans, asparagus and celery twice a week - I do not tolerate cauliflower
Eat no fungi as I also react to those
When able to find casings prefer to make my own sausages - a South African version called boerewors - farmers sausage if I translate
I like making Congee as they do in Hong Kong - using fish broth made from Salmon heads, sprouts and some vegetables - it is healthy and great to have
I used to eat Udi's bread but the new product no longer is soy free and I react to it - did not do with the older version
I am sure once my thyroid is more optimal I will be able to have it again.
I lived in Swaziland, South AFrica and Hong Kong was then OK with my thyroid meds but am not able to have the same since in the US - I yet have to find a medication that really works for me as even compounded products contain cellulose
Enema days - I mainly have the home made broths and Congee and also take a bath into which I have added 1 cup Epsom salt, 1 cup pink salt, 1 cup baking soda, Olive oil and also add Lavender oil
I eat three meals a day and very seldom inbetween - I used to eat a 1500 calorie I guess per day diet, The Law on the forum told me to up my calories to about 2000 for a short while - at first I went from 104 to 108 pounds but oddly even keeping to the higher calories I lost the extra pounds again and am back to 104 pounds I do feel much better - just wish I can get the low T4 and T3 levels right but am working on that.

Best wishes
Elize

Elize

You certainly did answer my question. Thank you. Ill do a coffee enema every once in a while but never tried a salt flush. Ill have to look into it some more.
Enemas and colon cleanses I find to be OK but not when overdone. Some do a detox and have cleanses done daily for about 10 days then it is important not to use too much water as then you tax the kidneys.
I use 3 cups of water to 1 heaped tablespoon of pink himalayan salt. Add the enema nozzle after lubricating it with olive oil. Do deep breathwork first, insert nozzle and let water flow in as slow as possible whilst doing deep breathing, when done remain lying down on your right side for 2 minutes then lefts side for 2 minutes, on your back for a few minutes rubbing stomach gently and keep doing gentle breathwork till need to go. You may go a few times, drink Congee or broth that has added salt after the enema and also take a probiotic. Spend a relazxing time reading or watching a good non violent movie or whatever helps you to be in a space of peace. You can read up about the Gershon therapy as I use their coffee enema recipe.
Hope this helps

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals