Vitamin Therapy For Mitochondrial Function - Prof. Andrew Saul

Inaut

Saul talks about B-vitamins and Vitamin C (from what I've seen).

Worth a view if you have some time.

edit: quick summary --- B1 and B3 are most important of B-vitamins and large dosages are safe with these vitamins. @haidut has spoken about this. Liver "damage" from niacin is not really a big deal (although those that have existing liver conditions may be affect more so). hoffer said that elevated liver enzymes is indication of the liver working, not damage. b vitamin efficacy depends on frequency of dosage. 3x a day is what saul recommends to be useful. it sounds like he has a preferance for Niacin over -amide. I caved in and just ordered some niacin...... I plan on taking 50 mg, multiple times daily as an experiment. Not looking for an extreme flush but just want to see if I like the different effects. I like Niacinamide at the doses I'm doing currently, 100mg 3x daily but @charlie opened pandora's box for me :) :)

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We might be quite possibly on the cusp of something yuuuge. :ss2

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
. I like Niacinamide at the doses I'm doing currently, 100mg 3x daily but @charlie opened pandora's box for me :) :)
lol just reporting my findings. :D

There is something special about niacin, I think @Amazoniac will agree with me. I do not get the same results from the amide as I do the acid.

LuMonty

I've been searching for years on why my legs would suddenly give out. Even when I was weight lifting I'd have the odd moment when my legs would be unsteady. Seeing the slide about that and vitamin C was almost spooky. As long as I'm not working today, might as well see how high I can go on C. Though I do recall drinking entire bottles of orange juice after a run. My mother did not approve.

I'll also add that niacin is much better for me than niacinamide. I've been toying around and 1.6 grams of inositol hexanicatinamate (sp?) or 1 gram regular niacin and then niacinamide to whatever amount afterwards has far greater effects for me that just niacinamide. I get the nausea from even 500mg of niacinamide in a day. It typically takes 3.5g of niacin to do that.

#RamblingThoughts

OP
Inaut

Inaut

One more thing for the people scared of the flush, take some aspirin before ingesting niacin. Best of both worlds

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I've been searching for years on why my legs would suddenly give out.
Vitamin B1 deficiency aka Beriberi can also do the same thing.

redsun

One more thing for the people scared of the flush, take some aspirin before ingesting niacin. Best of both worlds

Except some think the flush is part of niacin's beneficial effect.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

My concern is the prostaglandin circulation. That’s it

LuMonty

Vitamin B1 deficiency aka Beriberi can also do the same thing.
I'm glad you said this. I'm currently trying to find information on why B1 doesn't seem to improve my leg stability or sleep apnea unless I have a lot of C. So I should have been more clear and said that C is more a missing link for me despite B1 being a known factor.

redsun

My concern is the prostaglandin circulation. That’s it

Definitely a valid concern. Thing is apparently prostaglandin E2 binds to parietal cells and plays a role in acid secretion along with histamine, gastrin, and acetycholine. So even though this is blasphemy, maybe the PGE2 in the blood from the flush helps the stomach acid as well though I doubt its as important as the other three.

Frankdee20

The flush from Niacin actually causes over time a lowering of histamine reserves by releasing them.

AJA

I agree with Frankdee20. I have had correspondence with Hoffer when he was alive. He used relatively large doses both on himself and his patients. He was a leading authority on Vitamin B-3 ( both forms).

Last edited: