I am a believer in this and it's not hard to find positive testimonies of its benefits (ie on facebook groups). However, if you research it, you will get lots of skepticism. Mainstream claims that the flush mixture you are putting in is simply the liver/gallbladder “soapstones” you are getting out (more on this later).

Josh Rubin & many Chek practitioners seem think they work. Dr. Peter Glidden (ND) is a believer as well. He says that most of the stones that you get out are emulsified oil (not traditional liver gallbladder stones) but you still want to get that out as it's toxic, clogging you up & inhibiting your health.

There are many different variations of liver cleanses often times they use Epsom salt, olive oil, & lemon juice (or similar fruit) with malic acid for 6 days or so as preparation to soften the stones. I did the method used in the following book which I recommend, “The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder flush” by Andreas Moritz. There's still no shortage of free information on facebook groups etc (b sure to check files sections).

25 flushes (that took over a year) emptied me out, but the (“soapstones”) may come back slowly after enough time and poor diet will likely speed that up. I had permanent health improvements while I was liver flushing but I can’t necessarily attribute them directly to it since I was doing many other treatments. Still, I think these flushes contributed to my overall health.

Liver Flush reply to skeptics:

Why do you put about the same amount of flush mixture (ie: olive oil & lemon juice) in but get greatly inconsistent amounts of stuff out?

If you botch the flush by eating too much fat or taking the wrong supplements or whatever too close to it, but do everything else the same (ie drink the same liver flush mixture) then why don’t see the “soapstones” coming out at all?

Why do “soapstones” eventually stop coming out despite continued liver flushes? (similar input should result in similar output, right?)

How do people get stones out with coffee enemas etc without any olive oil & lemon juice?

Andman

What improvements did you notice?

Main thing holding me back in giving is a try is the amount of olive oil youre supposed to drink

reaching

Those stones are not stones. They’re just a reaction. It’s the same thing with mucoid plaque. It’s just the psyllium husk and fiber crap.

T

TheBeard

Those stones are not stones. They’re just a reaction. It’s the same thing with mucoid plaque. It’s just the psyllium husk and fiber crap.

I made the experiment myself to debunk the "saponification" theory:
I mixed olive oil + grapefruit juice + HCL powder + bile powder and heated it at 37 degrees celcius for 12 hours.
No "saponification" happened.

If you needed yet another proof: I've used religiously the same liver flush recipe for the past three years.
Sometimes I get hundreds of stones, sometimes none, zero.
If the mixture "saponified", it would have to come out my anus each time anyways, and I would need to see the stones each time, right?

T

TheBeard

Main thing holding me back in giving is a try is the amount of olive oil youre supposed to drink

Mental clarity, the world suddenly makes sense, upbeat mood, better digestion.

reaching

I made the experiment myself to debunk the "saponification" theory:
I mixed olive oil + grapefruit juice + HCL powder + bile powder and heated it at 37 degrees celcius for 12 hours.
No "saponification" happened.

If you needed yet another proof: I've used religiously the same liver flush recipe for the past three years.
Sometimes I get hundreds of stones, sometimes none, zero.
If the mixture "saponified", it would have to come out my anus each time anyways, and I would need to see the stones each time, right?

Very interesting.
Not sure if that really recreates what happens in the body but I believe you.

MrGilbert

Liver flushing is probably the most beneficial thing I've done health wise. Anybody skeptical should try it and see for themselves.

OP
AbundantLifeCor
"Those stones are not stones. They’re just a reaction. It’s the same thing with mucoid plaque. It’s just the psyllium husk and fiber crap."
Did you read my entire message or did you just see "liver flush" and then copy paste Big Pharma / Medical Mafia / Quackwatch talking points? I addressed what you are talking about please read the message again....

Summer

I want to try this. The only thing holding me back is that the founder, Andreas Moritz, said that colonics before and after the flush are a necessity and I REALLY don’t want to do that hahah. Did you do that?

OP
AbundantLifeCor
I want to try this. The only thing holding me back is that the founder, Andreas Moritz, said that colonics before and after the flush are a necessity and I REALLY don’t want to do that hahah. Did you do that?
I don't recall him saying that but even if he did I only did a colonic 1 time after a flush (Ive done around 40, it took 25 to get them all out at first the rest were maintenance). The colonic lady couldn't believe how many stones she saw some out.

Andman

any alternative to the olive oil? if its purpose is to cause a release of bile i guess CO/mct wouldnt be nearly as effective

OP
AbundantLifeCor

After the 25 flushes the gallbladder stones stopped coming out with future flushes (unless a LONG time passed). Sometime after I was on a 3 day juice fast, I seemed to get a die off reaction (aka herx), I felt doofusy like I was on drugs or something then it quickly passed and it got permenantly more quiet in my head and thoughts were easier to manage.
On a parasite cleanse my bruxism was cured as well (more info about this in link at end). Those last two were not necessarily related to the liver flush but I do believe completing the liver flushes contributed.
Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) Cured by Parasite (Pinworms?) cleansing
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ATq_3YvKhgOQP7viknjk8Ync3ykqKe0/view?usp=sharing

B

Blaze

"Those stones are not stones. They’re just a reaction. It’s the same thing with mucoid plaque. It’s just the psyllium husk and fiber crap."
Did you read my entire message or did you just see "liver flush" and then copy paste Big Pharma / Medical Mafia / Quackwatch talking points? I addressed what you are talking about please read the message again....
The science seems much more nuanced to me. I find this a very interesting subject and difficult for me to acertain the truth of what is being excreted and from where. I suspect we are really discussing a gall bladder blockage congesting the liver enzyme and pancreatic enzyme flow.

A liver flush may indeed really be purging the stones blocking the bile duct/gall bladder which congest the liver. Stones certainly do exist in the gall bladder as evidenced by the fact the gall bladder can certainly become blocked by stones........and you can see stones in affected individuals (who are not yet ingesting oil) on an ultrasound. So I find it a plausible theory that oil and lemon juice may soften some cholesterol based types of stones making it possible to excrete them. This would unblock the bile duct, uncongest the liver and restore healthy function.

I also find it equally plausible that the large amount of ingested oil could be saponified by the extremely alkalaine bile and excreted and may mistakenly look like stones. In which case, the liver flush would probably have no benefit at all since what is being excreted are not the stones but a by product of the use of olive oil.

So, quackery? Or a great treatment? I welcome any input that may clarify the science behind the Liver detox issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
AbundantLifeCor
The science seems much more nuanced to me. I find this a very interesting subject and difficult for me to acertain the truth of what is being excreted and from where. I suspect we are really discussing a gall bladder blockage congesting the liver enzyme and pancreatic enzyme flow.

A liver flush may indeed really be purging the stones blocking the bile duct/gall bladder which congest the liver. Stones certainly do exist in the gall bladder as evidenced by the fact the gall bladder can certainly become blocked by stones........and you can see stones in affected individuals (who are not yet ingesting oil) on an ultrasound. So I find it a plausible theory that oil and lemon juice may soften some cholesterol based types of stones making it possible to excrete them. This would unblock the bile duct, uncongest the liver and restore healthy function.

I also find it equally plausible that the large amount of ingested oil could be saponified by the extremely alkalaine bile and excreted and may mistakenly look like stones. In which case, the liver flush would probably have no benefit at all since what is being excreted are not the stones but a by product of the use of olive oil.

So, quackery? Or a great treatment? I welcome any input that may clarify the science behind the Liver detox issue.
How would u explain these points I made at the end of my original post?
Liver Flush reply to skeptics:

Why do you put about the same amount of flush mixture (ie: olive oil & lemon juice) in but get greatly inconsistent amounts of stuff out?

If you botch the flush by eating too much fat or taking the wrong supplements or whatever too close to it, but do everything else the same (ie drink the same liver flush mixture) then why don’t see the “soapstones” coming out at all?

Why do “soapstones” eventually stop coming out despite continued liver flushes? (similar input should result in similar output, right?)

How do people get stones out with coffee enemas etc without any olive oil & lemon juice?

MrGilbert

You don't need to do them. The Epsom salt flushes you out enough in my experience.

OP
AbundantLifeCor
You don't need to do them. The Epsom salt flushes you out enough in my experience.
I've never heard of epsom salt flushes getting gallstones, "soapstones", or anything that looks like them out, and I'm someone who has done them. Did you get them out on just this? Did you do anything else?

Jessie

Definitely sounds like saponification to me, which is why these quacks recommend using such massive amounts of oil. Can't deny though, if I saw some greenish stones coming out my butt I'd think I'm detoxing too.

Just a placebo effect. But if it makes you feel better than by all means.

MrGilbert

I've never heard of epsom salt flushes getting gallstones, "soapstones", or anything that looks like them out, and I'm someone who has done them. Did you get them out on just this? Did you do anything else?
No, the oil/juice combo is the key, the epsom salt will just help you dump them quicker. It's detailed in Moritz's book. I was responding to the guy who was asking about colonics which I never bothered with.

T

TheBeard

Definitely sounds like saponification to me, which is why these quacks recommend using such massive amounts of oil. Can't deny though, if I saw some greenish stones coming out my butt I'd think I'm detoxing too.

Just a placebo effect. But if it makes you feel better than by all means.

Read the posts above to understand why the liver flush is real.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals