I'm Getting Reflux After Drinking OJ. Wasn't A Problem In The Past Though

OP
C

Carrum

Try adding baking soda to the OJ
UPDATE:

I've been drinking oj today. Recently I have been having baking soda in it nearly all the time. Today I had oj and a little baking soda and almost staright after I had some reflux. I then drank half a cup of oj without baking soda and the reflux went away and stayed away.At work on Friday I had nearly two litres of oj through the day. No baking soda and no reflux.
I had frozen mango about an hour ago. No reflux. I'm starting to think it's the baking soda that has been causing the problem.

Summer

2 liters per day is quite a lot of OJ. Too much baking soda can certainly lead to stomach acid issues, but I wonder if you eat anything immediately before or after drinking juice. I know a lot of people here aren't privy to the idea of food combining, but I've noticed a huge decrease in heartburn and gas since I've been incorporating Ayurvedic principles in my eating schedule, which include waiting at least an hour before eating anything after consuming fruit/fruit juice. It makes it harder to get a lot of calories in at once, but it might be something to look into if quitting baking soda isn't the answer.

OP
C

Carrum

I never have anything immediately before OJ and only rarely do I have something shortly after.

Jing

Try tangerines or manderins they are often much sweeter better tasting too.

Birdie

Collagen casuses reflux and irritable bowel for me. I can use only small amounts of gelatin, no collagen.

And I only tolerate a small amount of baking soda in oj. I want to reduce the acid in oj with the baking soda, so I do use it.
If I use too much baking soda, it fizzes a lot, and voila reflux.