GERD , drowning in saliva and breathless

Tidal

I have unbearable GERD which is producing a pressure in my stomach/esophagal region and leading me to have to make myself belch loudly to try and let it out.

Its impacting my voice, I have saliva flowing out of my mouth 24/7 like a fountain and it's making me feel breathless.

I never experienced anything like this until I started taking zinc gluconate. It lasted for a few months and then went away. However I think after taking inositol which caused all sorts of bizarre problems, it came back and has been with me since.

This isn't conventional reflux and I don't feel acid or burning in my throat. I feel a pressure and have to relieve it.

When I don't eat the pressure is worse and feels like one giant bubble building. Waking up after a night's sleep is very uncomfortable.

I don't know how to address this, I get it from eating/drinking anything or even when my stomach is empty. It's like the pressure just builds.

It's incredibly uncomfortable and d limonene or benadryl hasn't helped.

I think it may be related to the esophagal sphincter but I'm not sure

akgrrrl

Do you understand that you are NOT supposed to drink anything when you eat?
Digestion begins if you chew.
An enzyme called pepsin in how much saliva you use to mix with chewed food stimulates THE PERFECT amount of acid to jet into the stomach to dissolve exactly what you chewed.
If you dilute it. Digestion fails.
If you glug glug glug, the acid floats on top and burns esophageal lining.
Think about it--if you swallow 10 spoons of yogurt did you chew? No. Its already soft and liquid, no acid needed.
Here's your dinner and here's your drink is a learned cultural behavior in America. In ancient cultures, they know to sip--a tiny cup of chai, a tiny glass of saki, a small glass of wine. Stop sabotaging your digestion and see what happens: eat slowly and deliberately, chew well and enjoy your carefully chosen, thoughtfully prepared food. "Eating is the most profound way in which we engage the planet" said Michael Pollan in 2009. Clearly, also the most profound way we impact our bodies.

EustaceBagge

I have unbearable GERD which is producing a pressure in my stomach/esophagal region and leading me to have to make myself belch loudly to try and let it out.

Its impacting my voice, I have saliva flowing out of my mouth 24/7 like a fountain and it's making me feel breathless.

I never experienced anything like this until I started taking zinc gluconate. It lasted for a few months and then went away. However I think after taking inositol which caused all sorts of bizarre problems, it came back and has been with me since.

This isn't conventional reflux and I don't feel acid or burning in my throat. I feel a pressure and have to relieve it.

When I don't eat the pressure is worse and feels like one giant bubble building. Waking up after a night's sleep is very uncomfortable.

I don't know how to address this, I get it from eating/drinking anything or even when my stomach is empty. It's like the pressure just builds.

It's incredibly uncomfortable and d limonene or benadryl hasn't helped.

I think it may be related to the esophagal sphincter but I'm not sure
If your reflux is pressure it may be a combination of bloating + very mild reflux.

Try vinegar 5-10 min. before a fatty/protein heavy meal. Start with 1 tbsp (15ml) and increase in 15ml increments until you reach the point where your digestion doesn't feel sluggish. Don't consume a lot of liquids around a meal. If the vinegar is unpalatable dilute it with the least amount of orange juice you need to consume it without gagging.

Also chew your food well as akgrrrl pointed out.

youngsinatra

Probably high cholinergic activity. Zinc is known to sensitize the acetylcholine receptors.

Acetylcholine promotes saliva. It also promote gastric juice secretion and high amounts can lead to high stomach acid or even bile reflux.

I‘d try a piece of grass-fed beef liver to get some bioavailable copper. Like 1-2 oz. Preferably raw, but not a must.

EustaceBagge

Probably high cholinergic activity. Zinc is known to sensitize the acetylcholine receptors.

Acetylcholine promotes saliva. It also promote gastric juice secretion and high amounts can lead to high stomach acid or even bile reflux.

I‘d try a piece of grass-fed beef liver to get some bioavailable copper. Like 1-2 oz. Preferably raw, but not a must.
I've honestly never seen anyone with high stomach acid. It would be a luxury lol.

OP
T

Tidal

This is what I thought also but anticholinergics don't appear to help and I've taken lots of copper supplements to no avail.