Bleeding again, now after D3 supplement - SUPER CONFUSED

Dr. B

Yeah, I did find it kind of odd that he would suggest a supplement containing glycerin given his opinion of it and your crohn’s.
Thanks Jennifer.

I know his thoughts about glycerin but funnily enough he was the one who recommended this supplement to me by sending me a link in an email. :)

It might as well could've been the glycerin as far as I'm concerned which caused inflammation. And then the increase of serotonin, estrogen and all the stress hormones followed - which would explain all the calcification and drying out of my scalp and face [since I did have similar experiences after Doxy, Cynomel and Cynoplus which also damaged my intestine and caused the same effects].

So hypothetically it could be the supplement caused the irritation and then the stress hormones did the rest - and not VIT D3.

Basically there are three theories:

1. VIT D3 is toxic
2. Glycerin caused physical damage in my intestines - causing all the problems by increasing all the stress hormones.
3. Gelatin did all of this.

As soon as I heal I'm going to experiment and I should probably know what was going on.

EDIT: He also stated in his recent email we exchanged the following:
"That would be too much orally, but probably not enough if it’s on the skin."
the amount in supplement is low? is glycerin a natural product, whats it composed of? usually animal tissues/fats?

Jennifer

the amount in supplement is low? is glycerin a natural product, whats it composed of? usually animal tissues/fats?

It’s low but as someone with a history of gastritis, it’s not so low that it doesn’t irritate my intestines. And surely the amount of impurities from the manufacturing process that potentially end up in supplements is low too and yet Ray often cautions against the use of supplements for that reason alone so that’s why I found it odd he would recommend that particular vitamin D to someone with crohn’s. Glycerin can come from vegetable, animal and synthetic sources.

Dr. B

It’s low but as someone with a history of gastritis, it’s not so low that it doesn’t irritate my intestines. And surely the amount of impurities from the manufacturing process that potentially end up in supplements is low too and yet Ray often cautions against the use of supplements for that reason alone so that’s why I found it odd he would recommend that particular vitamin D to someone with crohn’s. Glycerin can come from vegetable, animal and synthetic sources.
what brand of vitamin D3?\
naturewise brand seems good.
i think every vitamin d3 softgel capsule with olive or coconut oil has glycerin.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
what brand of vitamin D3?\
naturewise brand seems good.
i think every vitamin d3 softgel capsule with olive or coconut oil has glycerin.
I was using this one [ VIT D3 ]

I think we are coming to a point where someone cannot relate to someone else's experience and that seems to be the crux of the problem here. :)
I think most people, like 90% of the people can drink any supplement without any side effects.
But people cannot understand that even a slight added ingredient in capsules/tables or softgels can make sensitive person go downhill and regress for a long time.

Or it was maybe the D3 all along and not the glycerin - I have no idea.

If I ever try any other VIT D it's going to be either ideaLabs or this one:
if you don't care about price and you think even the glycerin might give you problems these vitamin d drops have olive oil and nothing else:

And then I should know for sure...

I mean I used topical Vitamin D for a year almost [ mostly with VIT K ] and I didn't have these problems, so...

Dr. B

I was using this one [ VIT D3 ]

I think we are coming to a point where someone cannot relate to someone else's experience and that seems to be the crux of the problem here. :)
I think most people, like 90% of the people can drink any supplement without any side effects.
But people cannot understand that even a slight added ingredient in capsules/tables or softgels can make sensitive person go downhill and regress for a long time.

Or it was maybe the D3 all along and not the glycerin - I have no idea.

If I ever try any other VIT D it's going to be either ideaLabs or this one:

And then I should know for sure...

I mean I used topical Vitamin D for a year almost [ mostly with VIT K ] and I didn't have these problems, so...
what was the specific side effects? how long used for and dosage

OP
UG Krishnamurti
So, I've used the VIT D3 topically for the past 5 days based on the suspicion that my problems were caused by impurities of oral VIT D3/Glycerin usage.

I've been using around 50,000 IU twice a day [100,000 IU].

And I've got the same symptoms.
Skin was never worse IN MY LIFE. I literally got ALL OF MY FACE [nose, cheeks, forehead, chin] covered in eczema, rosacea and white dry coating . All of my facials skin was peeling of white scrum and dandruff like material.

I've stopped using it for 2 days so far and redness has subsided a bit, but my skin and scalp are still dry like a chalk.
My brain still feel like it's "pressured" and "tight" and I feel sleepy most of the time.

My fat tolerance [especially heated fats tolerance] has come down near 0.
If I eat something fatty I'm in trouble for the next few days [skin wise].

I could feel some intestinal discomfort but not much and I would probably didn't notice If I wasn't paying attention. I still didn't have any bleeding but I'm sure If I continued using D3 I would get it - because the mechanism is the totally the same as oral it might just needed a while longer.

So what do you think? What could cause this?
What does D3 deplete? Magnesium and what else?
Not taking VIT K?
Or D3 is just straight up poison lol

Melk

Thanks Jennifer.

I know his thoughts about glycerin but funnily enough he was the one who recommended this supplement to me by sending me a link in an email. :)

It might as well could've been the glycerin as far as I'm concerned which caused inflammation. And then the increase of serotonin, estrogen and all the stress hormones followed - which would explain all the calcification and drying out of my scalp and face [since I did have similar experiences after Doxy, Cynomel and Cynoplus which also damaged my intestine and caused the same effects].

So hypothetically it could be the supplement caused the irritation and then the stress hormones did the rest - and not VIT D3.

Basically there are three theories:

1. VIT D3 is toxic
2. Glycerin caused physical damage in my intestines - causing all the problems by increasing all the stress hormones.
3. Gelatin did all of this.

As soon as I heal I'm going to experiment and I should probably know what was going on.

EDIT: He also stated in his recent email we exchanged the following:
"That would be too much orally, but probably not enough if it’s on the skin."

+1 on the potential role of gelatin. I'd never had colitis/bleeding before in my life until I tried a gelatin supplement.

I've tried a few things and had various results. I was getting some bleeding and weird dry dead skin on my hands and a bit on my feet. I also suspected D3 at first, stopped that, no result. Stopping the gelatin made it all go away. Skin still a bit dry but no dying/peeling skin.

I've tried CollagenX, Great Lakes, and saturee collagen hydrolysate.
CollagenX was worst, great Lakes not as bad, and saturee I didn't react to as far as I noticed.

The reaction is most pronounced by just blooming the gelatin in milk and eating with some sugar. If I then melt it, not as bad, and if incorporated it into a Stew or set it first, a little better again. But irritates my bowel and fatigues me no how it's prepared. Which somehow seems to cause the peeling skin.

Glycine powder doesn't seem to bother me, neither does slow cooking beef Shin (more collagenous cut).

SO if you haven't I would suggest trying cutting out the gelatin. Super not worth it, for me lol

Dr. B

+1 on the potential role of gelatin. I'd never had colitis/bleeding before in my life until I tried a gelatin supplement.

I've tried a few things and had various results. I was getting some bleeding and weird dry dead skin on my hands and a bit on my feet. I also suspected D3 at first, stopped that, no result. Stopping the gelatin made it all go away. Skin still a bit dry but no dying/peeling skin.

I've tried CollagenX, Great Lakes, and saturee collagen hydrolysate.
CollagenX was worst, great Lakes not as bad, and saturee I didn't react to as far as I noticed.

The reaction is most pronounced by just blooming the gelatin in milk and eating with some sugar. If I then melt it, not as bad, and if incorporated it into a Stew or set it first, a little better again. But irritates my bowel and fatigues me no how it's prepared. Which somehow seems to cause the peeling skin.

Glycine powder doesn't seem to bother me, neither does slow cooking beef Shin (more collagenous cut).

SO if you haven't I would suggest trying cutting out the gelatin. Super not worth it, for me lol
was it the hydrolyzed green great lakes can or the orange regular gelatin?

OP
UG Krishnamurti

Hi Melk.

I've cut out gelatin straight away to remove all possible irritants. Just to be sure It was the D3 I was reacting to.

When I used D3 topically it was after 4 days after using gelatin and oral D3.
So I'm more than positive it was D3 that have cause my symptoms.

Here you have 4 pictures of before and after D3. One is just a few weeks before D3 and other one is at the beginning of peating.

Attachments

• 240800168_604472980960759_8688068698360785724_n.jpg
    240800168_604472980960759_8688068698360785724_n.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 55
  • After D3.jpg
    After D3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 240802901_130802622561540_5624611085685190391_n.jpg
    240802901_130802622561540_5624611085685190391_n.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Before D3.jpg
    Before D3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 51
K

Kaur Singh

Hi

Glycerin used to mess me up royally.
Way way long time ago, before I started taking any supplements,
sometimes tinctures from herbs if they don't use alcohol, glycerin seems to be the alternative.

Another family member was getting vertigo.

I'm taking from just a few drops for both of us.

Would send me into stress response and all my nerves would go bonkers,
lots of buzzing, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kaur Singh

yups.
I learned, the hard way too

any new substance,, even food,
i start low and slow
also this way, if negative effect, i can mitigate it a bit.

i though it would get better as I get better
but I sometimes can still be blindsided by not following this approach.

i find the same, some that don't have this kind of reactions to innocuous things
can find it hard to comprehend this can be one's experiences

I refrain from big doses
tends to bite me in the **** every time
- and what I consider big doses are probably normal doses for most, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustav3Y

So what do you think? What could cause this?
What does D3 deplete? Magnesium and what else?
Not taking VIT K?
Or D3 is just straight up poison lol

Will cause issues with Vit A depletion.
Will need magnesium and thiamine, or can cause issues with those.

Your dose of 100,000 IU per day is huge unless you want to do it 2 times a month or at need.
Sure, some say that do that daily, that does not mean what you do or have is identical to them.

Can cause bile acid issue some say, vitamin D.
Bile acid can be conjugated with Taurine or Glycine.
Bile acids facilitate digestion of dietary fats and oils.

Dr. B

Will cause issues with Vit A depletion.
Will need magnesium and thiamine, or can cause issues with those.

Your dose of 100,000 IU per day is huge unless you want to do it 2 times a month or at need.
Sure, some say that do that daily, that does not mean what you do or have is identical to them.

Can cause bile acid issue some say, vitamin D.
Bile acid can be conjugated with Taurine or Glycine.
Bile acids facilitate digestion of dietary fats and oils.
what does d3 do to thiamine and magnesium?
is 500mg thiamine hcl daily good enough, if using 10000IU vitamin d3 daily? i heard magnesium helps activate vitamin d3 or something, not sure if thats good or bad
didnt hear of thiamine interactions with d3, does it deplete it
what does it do to bile acids

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Ok little update for everyone.
My skin issues resolved almost 2 days after applying K2-MK4 [ 45mg] on my stomach area.
I've supplemented K2-MK4 [ 45mg] orally with VIT E [1.5g] and progesterone and that did NOTHING for 45 days. As soon as I applied topically I got results.

I've developed some heart/chest issues while using high doses of VIT E, cynomel and progesterone - but that is for another topic to be honest.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Ok little update for everyone.
My skin issues resolved almost 2 days after applying K2-MK4 [ 45mg] on my stomach area.
I've supplemented K2-MK4 [ 45mg] orally with VIT E [1.5g] and progesterone and that did NOTHING for 45 days. As soon as I applied topically I got results.

I've developed some heart/chest issues while using high doses of VIT E, cynomel and progesterone - but that is for another topic to be honest.
vitamin E dose is high and not supposed to be together with k i think

OP
UG Krishnamurti
What is to be gained from monumental vit e doses?
Heard Matt Blackburn talking about using more than 2mg a day to speed up PUFA removal from tissues.

Since I started getting some brown age spots and sun spots I thought that could help me reducing the oxidation of PUFA and IRON..

Birdie

yups.
I learned, the hard way too

any new substance,, even food,
i start low and slow
also this way, if negative effect, i can mitigate it a bit.

i though it would get better as I get better
but I sometimes can still be blindsided by not following this approach.

i find the same, some that don't have this kind of reactions to innocuous things
can find it hard to comprehend this can be one's experiences

I refrain from big doses
tends to bite me in the **** every time
- and what I consider big doses are probably normal doses for most, etc
Wise. And your last paragraph !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals