How To Stimulate Beard Growing On The Cheeks?

Parsifal

My question is in the title, it appears that I may have some form of alopecia because hairs are not growing on some parts of my body like the cheeks or hands. I've read that some of you seem to know well the biochemistry of hair growth so I assume you may know how to stimulate that?

Thanks ;).

milk_lover

Why do u want it? It's annoying and it ages you quickly. I wish I had none of it in my face..

M

member 2106

Parsifal said:
post 100532
waldenpond said:
post 100530 You may just have to wait for puberty to happen. ;)
:lol: That was mean!

He he. But seriously, I have a friend who's in his thirties and still doesn't have facial hair. I'm not sure there's anything you can do! But facial hair can be a pain in the **** anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ras

Many have found success with minoxidil. A Google search will lead you to such topics on a certain board.

I am of age and as yet have sparse facial hair; topical DHEA has brought me new hairs.

mlc2010

Ras said:
post 100554 Many have found success with minoxidil. A Google search will lead you to such topics on a certain board.

I am of age and as yet have sparse facial hair; topical DHEA has brought me new hairs.

topical dhea on the face?

tara

Eat sufficient food so that you can keep growing and maturing?

Ras

mlc2010 said:
post 100586
Ras said:
post 100554 Many have found success with minoxidil. A Google search will lead you to such topics on a certain board.

topical dhea on the face?
Yes.

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

tara said:
I'm 6'5 or maybe more so don't know if I need to keep growing :mrgreen:. I'm 25 years old btw so not a kid and my puberty is over but I would like to grow my beard a bit that's why I was concerned about having an uggly sparse beard :lol:.

mlc2010

Parsifal said:
tara said:
I'm 6'5 or maybe more so don't know if I need to keep growing :mrgreen:. I'm 25 years old btw so not a keed and my puberty is over but I would like to grow my beard a bit that's why I was concerned about having an uggly sparse beard :lol:.

genetics, mine is the same.. you cant change genetics. I don't think hormones are anything to do with it

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

mlc2010 said:
genetics, mine is the same.. you cant change genetics. I don't think hormones are anything to do with it
Well, changing genetics doesn't seem imposible in Peat's paradigm :).

I wonder if I have Alopecia areata because it seems that I don't have hair on some spot of the body, fortunatelly not too akward places like the head not sure that Minoxidil or DHEA will work for hair that have never been here in there first place?

jyb

mlc2010 said:
post 100635
Parsifal said:
tara said:
I'm 6'5 or maybe more so don't know if I need to keep growing :mrgreen:. I'm 25 years old btw so not a keed and my puberty is over but I would like to grow my beard a bit that's why I was concerned about having an uggly sparse beard :lol:.

There's always a mix of genetics and environment (i.e., diet, supplements, light...). If you take hair greying for example, a textbook description (from online accounts by doctors I've read) is that while genetics may influence the first time at which you start to go grey, the process is reversible. Hair growth seems to be entirely different, but it's not hard to imagine there is also a mix of genetics and environment: there is a strong family factor into balding, but at the same time there is an association with prolactin or other stress hormones. It is probably very hard to reverse these genetic processes (unlike cases of rapid hair greying or balding like Danny Roddy due to one-off lifestyle stress, which seem to be reversible on their own without much effort), but it seems well worth it to experiment with Peat's suggestions of topical application of DHEA, caffeine,... On that note I wonder if mixing those with DMSO could make it more efficient, I will experiment with some of haidut's supplement on some area of my hair that is slowly but surely been turning greyer over the years.

tara

Parsifal said:
post 100631
tara said:
I'm 6'5 or maybe more so don't know if I need to keep growing :mrgreen:. I'm 25 years old btw so not a kid and my puberty is over but I would like to grow my beard a bit that's why I was concerned about having an ugly sparse beard :lol:.
You may be right, but it is normal to keep gaining weight and getting broader and stronger bones and completing the maturation of the endocrine system after height has reached it's maximum and up to about 25 years. While eating on average about 3500 kcals, more for extra tall men. Undereating in the late teens and early twenties can impede this. Whether subsequent eating can allow for a catch up I don't know, but I'd guess there is at least some chance. Some of your symptoms seem consistent with undereating, and I think you are quite lean for your height?

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

tara said:
You may be right, but it is normal to keep gaining weight and getting broader and stronger bones and completing the maturation of the endocrine system after height has reached it's maximum and up to about 25 years. While eating on average about 3500 kcals, more for extra tall men. Undereating in the late teens and early twenties can impede this. Whether subsequent eating can allow for a catch up I don't know, but I'd guess there is at least some chance. Some of your symptoms seem consistent with undereating, and I think you are quite lean for your height?
How am I supposed to eat that much? :eek: 1 KG of fruits is like 500kcal and 500g of honey is 2000kcal...
This is already hard and expensive to eat 2500kcal and I'm starting to become fat despite having good temps and better metabolism...

tara

Parsifal said:
post 100680 How am I supposed to eat that much? :eek: 1 KG of fruits is like 500kcal and 500g of honey is 2000kcal...
This is already hard and expensive to eat 2500kcal and I'm starting to become fat despite having good temps and better metabolism...

I had a suspicion. :)

Difficult if you are scared of food.

That's one of the reasons some people eat starch and fat - easier to eat more.
I do think it's worth minimising PUFA, and seeing if you can get enough food in while avoiding the things that irritate your gut the most, but if you avoid food too much, your body won't have the energy to recover.

Did you see this discussion?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4028

Calories:
http://www.youreatopia.com/blog/2015/1/ ... tment.html

Gaining fat is a normal part of recovery from undereating:
http://www.youreatopia.com/blog/2012/11 ... order.html

In Keys' Minnesota Starvation experiment, the young men (early twenties to early thirties) started with a baseline diet around 3200 kcals, and then got their diets cut to about half that for six months, then got first restricted and then unlimited recovery diets. The symptoms and ill health they experienced from the starvation phase were severe. They needed a lot to recover after - over 4000 kcals was not unusual.

tara

Parsifal said:
post 100680
How am I supposed to eat that much?
Potatoes with butter, condensed milk, chocolate, Irish stew, ...
Don't try going low fat till you've found a way to eat enough.

tara

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

tara said:
Potatoes with butter, condensed milk, chocolate, Irish stew, ...
Don't try going low fat till you've found a way to eat enough.
The problem is that with my IBS I can't eat all that...
The only things that I can eat that I'm not too much allergic to are fruits, honey (which has no nutrients in it so might not be very good?), and coconutoil. Starches are impossible to eat in my case and too much PUFA (like in butter) as well.

And of course I'm not earning money for now, my parents are buying everything as I have been sick since many years I'm still barely able to find a job, I will go back to school in 1 month so I'm sure that I will have even less money. I'm feeling quite good for now with eating 2500kcal, my temps/rate are good so I don't feel that I need to eat more.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals