How To Stimulate Beard Growing On The Cheeks?

tara

If 2500 cals is more than you were eating, and you are feeling better for it, then I'm glad you've increased. I believe you that digestive distress makes eating more difficult. This seems to be a fairly common consequence of undereating and low metabolim (and maybe there are other causes involved too). Here are related thoughts form Gwyneth Olwyn's:
http://www.youreatopia.com/blog/2014/2/ ... ubles.html

The point of eating more is to provide sufficient energy for the body to restore/(re)build structure and to support optimal functioning - including endocrine functions.

DaveFoster

+1 for Rogaine (minoxidil).

I've used it, and it works. It's not Peat-friendly, however.

paymanz

tara said:
post 100759

The point of eating more is to provide sufficient energy for the body to restore/(re)build structure and to support optimal functioning - including endocrine functions.
tara ,what type of structure do you mean by that?

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolTweetPete

I would think topical methylene blue would help, but that seems a bit cumbersome, maybe just try it orally, and treat your face with red light.

tara

paymanz said:
post 108225
tara said:
post 100759

tara ,what type of structure do you mean by that?

In general, I was thinking of all the organs - some of which are likely to have dwindled or failed to grow fully if someone has been chronically and severely undereating. I don't have a clear detailed picture of h0w it all works, but some thoughts:
I think Peat has said thymus and skin and skeletal muscle of often early casualties if catabolism. If it goes a lot further, I think other organs can be affected too. Heart muscle can be depleted by starvation, and needs energy to regrow.
Neurological system requires energy too - thinking of the hypotheses about cooking being a game changer for human evolution of a large brain because it made it easier to eat more energy. I imagine a depleted system may be limited in it's ability to keep generating all the new neural pathways that normally keep growing at aquite a reate up to 25ish, but also probaly keep growing more slowly beyond that.
I'm guessing a depleted digestive system can have both structural and functional deficiencies - eg functionally have trouble producing adequate digestive enzymes, but may also have depleted gut lining that could use some rebuilding.
Peat has also talked about the development of pancreatic beta cells requiring glucose - fairly important structure for good energy metabolism.
Lack of sufficient energy to meet demand tends to call forth stress hormones and if it is sufficiently stressful, put us in a more catabolic state. More energy is needed to be in a more anabolic state.

It may also apply down at a cellular level, but I don't understand this in any detail.

In OP's case, if he has been undereating for the last few years, it may be that he has not yet grown his skeleton to its natural potential, and muscles. Beard is structure, too, and I'm guessing it may be low priority for growth when there is a serious energy deficit. Maybe digestive system would benefit from building some more structurally strength.

Last edited by a moderator:

franko

Or you could try haidut's SolBan: https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/view ... f=3&t=5830

Or buy caffeine powder and make your own solution.

Also, have you had your testosterone checked? It could just be "genetics" but I suspect that some guys are slow to achieve their full beard potential because of low testosterone and/or DHT. I am one of them. Took me till 27 to be able to grow a full, passable beard and it's still filling in. I can't prove it, but I think my facial hair has been filling in at a faster rate since I have been treating my low T.

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

franko said:
Also, have you had your testosterone checked? It could just be "genetics" but I suspect that some guys are slow to achieve their full beard potential because of low testosterone and/or DHT. I am one of them. Took me till 27 to be able to grow a full, passable beard and it's still filling in. I can't prove it, but I think my facial hair has been filling in at a faster rate since I have been treating my low T.
When I did a blood test 3 years ago Total T was very high but free T was quite low. That's interesting.

DaveFoster

Any reason why its not Peat-friendly? Trying to weigh pros/cons of trying this.
Peat has mentioned minoxidil as one of the key medications to avoid to reduce NO, as it directly raises nitric oxide. It can even cause hypotension if taken topically (I've experienced this.) It will directly contribute to premature aging.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals