Beard Growth

FacelessMan

Alright. So I'm 27 and still don't have much facial hair growth on my cheeks at all, just a little on my chin and in mustache area.

Ive been trying to increase facial hair for a year or so with not much success.

I have done research and seen YouTube videos about using minoxidil applied to the face to grow a beard. Many have had great success with it. I would like to try it, but it supposedly can increase nitric oxide levels. My question is this: if I take lysine, methylene blue, and things of that nature to lower systemic nitric oxide, would that neutralize the harmful effects of minoxidil systemically?

Just need opinions. Anyone tried this? The results are impressive...

Yes I know facial hair is and the lack thereof is a vain and superficial thing, but not having facial hair and being almost 30 in today's society is tough...Lol. Thanks for the help!

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Pansterone on the scrotum. Made my hair thicker, both beard and scalp, and filled in parts of my face that have been static for years.

Sheik

Alright. So I'm 27 and still don't have much facial hair growth on my cheeks at all, just a little on my chin and in mustache area.

Ive been trying to increase facial hair for a year or so with not much success.

I have done research and seen YouTube videos about using minoxidil applied to the face to grow a beard. Many have had great success with it. I would like to try it, but it supposedly can increase nitric oxide levels. My question is this: if I take lysine, methylene blue, and things of that nature to lower systemic nitric oxide, would that neutralize the harmful effects of minoxidil systemically?

Just need opinions. Anyone tried this? The results are impressive...

Yes I know facial hair is and the lack thereof is a vain and superficial thing, but not having facial hair and being almost 30 in today's society is tough...Lol. Thanks for the help!
I have no idea if this will work, but castor oil is said to make hair grow if you use a vehicle (alcohol). I'm going to try it soon for my scalp and was thinking of putting a little on my cheeks where the hair is sparse. I tried rogaine in the past and it gave me nausea to the point where it wasn't worth it, even the low strength women's version.

And seriously, people often talk about hair growing like crazy with the castor oil. I started growing (unwanted) arm hair when I was taking it orally (though remaining a skeptic, I still wonder if it was due to nofap or something else, but there is definitely hair where I previously had none). There may be other options as well (DHT?). What else have you tried?

Parsifal

I think that the only thing that would work is hair implantation, the other things with nitric oxide to stimulate beard growth seem like a commercial scam but I'm not sure.

OP
F

FacelessMan

Pansterone on the scrotum. Made my hair thicker, both beard and scalp, and filled in parts of my face that have been static for years.
I use pansterone on scrotum already with androsterone. It has been amazing for muscle growth and hardness, mood, etc. But I haven't noticed that much facial hair growth. Maybe a little thicker on my chin.

TubZy

I have no idea if this will work, but castor oil is said to make hair grow if you use a vehicle (alcohol). I'm going to try it soon for my scalp and was thinking of putting a little on my cheeks where the hair is sparse. I tried rogaine in the past and it gave me nausea to the point where it wasn't worth it, even the low strength women's version.

And seriously, people often talk about hair growing like crazy with the castor oil. I started growing (unwanted) arm hair when I was taking it orally (though remaining a skeptic, I still wonder if it was due to nofap or something else, but there is definitely hair where I previously had none). There may be other options as well (DHT?). What else have you tried?

Yeah castor oil works for sure. Either topically or orally.

Minox also stimulates PGE1 just like how castor oil stimulates PGE2, both signs of hair growth (but not really peat friendly since PGE1/PGE2 is inflammatory), while PGD2 is prevents hair growth.

Topical DHEA made my hair thicker too...I added some to solban.

Increasing oral gelatin intake made my hair darker and slightly thicker too.

hef911

I have been applying Minoxidil on my face for a year, before I became aware of peat( I stopped due to side effects). It definitely works, I had zero hairs on my sides and after a year it filled out nice. It is still thin and I still have some patches.

Since 2 months I have applied pansterone on the scrotum, I noticed a few new hairs and some hairs are slightly thicker but nothing out of the ordinary.

I think if you really want a beard, minoxodil is a better solution than a hair transplant. my two cents

@TubZy
Do you mean applying DHEA and solban on the beard area?

PUTFOT

I have been applying Minoxidil on my face for a year, before I became aware of peat( I stopped due to side effects). It definitely works, I had zero hairs on my sides and after a year it filled out nice. It is still thin and I still have some patches.

Since 2 months I have applied pansterone on the scrotum, I noticed a few new hairs and some hairs are slightly thicker but nothing out of the ordinary.

I think if you really want a beard, minoxodil is a better solution than a hair transplant. my two cents

@TubZy
Do you mean applying DHEA and solban on the beard area?
What side effects? Did you keep your "beard gains" after stopping?

hef911

@PUTFOT
I got dermatitis, dry skin and a bloated face. However some people of the minoxidil beard community got very few side effects (So the side effects are very individual dependent). I switched from liquid minoxidil to a foam one, which helped with the dermatitis.

I still have the beard gains, I also experienced more hair on the legs and arms. The leg hair fell off after stopping with the application. the arm hair is still existing.

OP
F

FacelessMan

I started on Minox yesterday. I know it's not peat friendly but I am in excellent health, and will be mitigating the bad systemic effects of "NO" by taking 1 drop MB in the morning and 1000mg lysine at night. Already experiencing dry skin on day 2 lol

PUTFOT

@PUTFOT
I got dermatitis, dry skin and a bloated face. However some people of the minoxidil beard community got very few side effects (So the side effects are very individual dependent). I switched from liquid minoxidil to a foam one, which helped with the dermatitis.

I still have the beard gains, I also experienced more hair on the legs and arms. The leg hair fell off after stopping with the application. the arm hair is still existing.
Nice. Did you feel any anti-dht effects? Minox sounds good for improving my beard. What do you think causes the bloated face, can't be estrogen can it?

hef911

Nice. Did you feel any anti-dht effects? Minox sounds good for improving my beard. What do you think causes the bloated face, can't be estrogen can it?

I don't know for sure, my libido was okay in the time I applied Minox.

I think the stress/ inflammation due to minox is responsible for the bloating. Ray said something in his article: "Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging" about swelling of the sell due to stress. ("Intense excitation or stress increases the cell's electrically negative charges, and causes it to become more alkaline and to swell.")

Pretty sure castor oil would be safer than minoxidil

theman55

I too had your problem a few years ago. I am currently 25. What really helped me were supplements. Particularly Vitamin D, Fish oil, and a T Booster. I have a much thicker beard now. Still a few patches but when I let it grow I can usually cover the patches now. Also a steady workout and good diet tends to help. But if you can't grow one I wouldn't worry about it too much.

PUTFOT

Pretty sure castor oil would be safer than minoxidil
Hey any more info on caster oil? Does it affect dht estrogen?

I'm looking for beard-growth strategies that fall in line with Ray Peat's philosophy.

Thanks in advance to all responses.

Hey any more info on caster oil? Does it affect dht estrogen?

I'm looking for beard-growth strategies that fall in line with Ray Peat's philosophy.

Thanks in advance to all responses.

Seems monounsaturated like olive oil? I might try it, you? :ss2

OP
F

FacelessMan

Been using minoxidil morning and night for about 2.5 weeks. Seeing new vellus hairs on cheeks where I previously did not have them. Not having any noticeable effects systemically. I take 1mg MB a day, eat great, workout a couple times a week, etc. Pulse and temps are good. I'll take pics after a couple more weeks of before after progress if anyone is interested.

Parsifal

Been using minoxidil morning and night for about 2.5 weeks. Seeing new vellus hairs on cheeks where I previously did not have them. Not having any noticeable effects systemically. I take 1mg MB a day, eat great, workout a couple times a week, etc. Pulse and temps are good. I'll take pics after a couple more weeks of before after progress if anyone is interested.
Yes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals