Tips for hirsuitism (abnormal female hair growth)

Breaves86

This might be a pure vanity post, but it's about the only problem I have that won't subside and my research ends up empty handed. I have hirsuitism, which is a big word for abnormal female hair growth in male patterns (beard area, lip area, chest, stomach etc). I did have slightly elevated testosterone levels, but that seems to have stopped now with being on thyroid and prog. However, the testosterone was just enough to stimulate hair follicles that have left me with a lot of dark, thick hair in areas where I should have none!

It's very frustrating. I was given some kind of BS diagnosis in my early 20s, about overactive adrenal glands, I don't have PCOS, which is the most common cause of this problem. Anywho, I finally figured out I was hypo, with cortisol and adrenaline problems, low prog, but I've been able to really work with these. HOWEVER, even though I now have the testosterone lowered...this hair persists.

Does anyone know of research, resources, tips, personal advice, experience, etc with this problem? I am 6 months pregnant now, and I have to say that the hair growth itself has definitely slowed down. I don't know if there is any hope of fixing this because the testosterone has already activated the follicle. I am considering laser removal after the baby is born because I do not want to shave my neck daily as a woman.

tara

I think thebigpeatowski posted a year or more ago about having to give up a potential career in the circus as the bearded lady. Maybe you could hunt out her post on that?
May not be your issue, but I 've read some women develop hirsutism in conjunction with undereating or anorexia.
Personally, I'm just learning to make friends with the wax.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals