CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Get Out Of Glycolysis And Into Full Sugar Oxidation?

Discussion in 'Metabolism' started by lampofred, Nov 30, 2018.

1. lampofred

lampofred Member

What can you do to make sure the sugar goes all way to CO2 instead of getting stuck at producing lactic acid?

Increasing thyroid makes me hyperthyroid instead of improving my sugar oxidation, B complex with high amounts of thiamine doesn't help, and methylene blue doesn't help. Increasing carbs relative to fat doesn't help either, and increasing protein intake to remove estrogen more quickly doesn't help. The only thing that helps noticeably for this specific issue is bag breathing but only for about a minute.

The only other things I read that Peat recommends for this are moving to a high altitude which I can't do immediately and dichloroacetate which I'm way too scared to try, so I'm unsure what to do to make the sugar go all down to carbon dioxide. Has Peat recommended anything else for this that I've missed?

I realize this is an extremely complex question and hope I don't come across as taking it lightly... I do understand I'm basically asking for the cure to cancer here...

2. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

Niacinamide + Aspirin.

3. Broken man

Broken man Member

4. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

Cardenosine from idea labs

5. Broken man

Broken man Member

Why do you think that it will help?

6. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

Go to the Cardenosine thread for info plus I use it 10 drops at a time when I feel I need it. Sometimes 4-5 times a day

7. Broken man

Broken man Member

I didnt ask right, so you found it to be beneficial through experience too.... The thing is that I have cardenosine too but I am not so sure about the effects it has on me. I think that to have good sugar oxidation I need good liver health and oxidative metabolism. Inosine is improving both and I know from experience that inosine helps me but the dose must be higher that 1 g. Thank you.

8. jacob

jacob Member

How do you know if you're producing CO2 or lactic acid?

9. Vinero

Vinero Member

High dose Thiamin (1500 mg)

10. Wilfrid

Wilfrid Member

Keeping PTH as happy as possible and enjoying the foods you eat rather than, as much as you can, supplements you may swallow.

11. Obi-wan

Obi-wan Member

CO2 = clear breathing, energy
    Lactic Acid = brain fog, fatigue

12. mostlylurking

mostlylurking Member

I've been having trouble with lactic acid/nitric oxide build up (pain) after doing very light exercise. The pain is most pronounced the next morning, around 18 hours after the mild workout. My chiropractor suggested that I drink about 12 ounces of orange juice with a half teaspoon of magnesium in it 30 minutes before exercising. I used magnesium carbonate. I messed up and did this at about the same time my thyroid med peaked around 11:00 am. But WOW what a reaction I had! Very high energy, too fast a heartbeat. I've changed the exercise regimen to around 2:00 pm and now this really seems to be helping me. I have no idea how this works; I'll ask the chiropractor when I see him again. The chiropractor is well read, self educated, but not a Ray Peat follower except for the articles I've given him.

13. CrystalClear

CrystalClear Member

Thanks for this thread and asking the question in the OP. I am in the same boat. I think my liver is improving. My temperature is getting close to optimal these days averaging about 36.8 C. But still have lots of fatigue and brain fog with aching stiff muscles from very little activity. I just purchased the suggested Cardenosine from Ideal Labs. AUS $75 ! So I hope it works for me. I will be very joyful if it does.