My Capacity To Oxidize Glucose Seems To Be Literally Zero

lampofred

I wanted to see how much of my energy I was getting from burning fat versus burning sugar. Plus my blood sugar lowered a lot over the past few years, so I wanted to confirm that I was in fact oxidizing glucose. Unfortunately the results were a pretty bad surprise.

I ate barely any fat for the entire day, only drank lots of orange juice and ate some cheese sticks and drank a few cups of milk, and took aspirin & niacinamide to kill FFA.

A few hours later I felt absolutely horrible, couldn't form complete sentences, couldn't walk outside my door, had not even an ounce of energy and needed to bag breathe for 5 min to just get my thoughts together, go to my kitchen and eat a spoon of coconut oil (don't mean to over-dramatize). Thankfully the difference in 2 min was night and day.

So the bad news is that all of my energy seems to be coming from fat no matter how many carbs I eat and how good my blood sugar seems to be on paper. All my carbs are going to lactic acid instead of CO2.

I already take MB, try to get at least a bit of red light regularly, take thyroid, and have been depleting PUFA for 4 years, all of which are supposed to lower lactate. If my glucose oxidation is still this bad what else is left for me to try?

CO2 exposure in theory should be able to regenerate mitochondria and restore glucose oxidation but I don't know how to put it into practice aside from moving to a high altitude.

Are there any uncouplers besides aspirin and coffee that Peat hasn't talked about which will stimulate mitochondrial regeneration?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Emodine. Fluoxetine(!). Benzoic acid. Diclofenac. That's all I remember now. I have a longer list somewhere. Will try to find.

50 mg niacinamide a few times a day

Bag breathing and walking while nose breathing and maintaining mild air hunger

1000mg of thiamine per day

Make sure you have bowel movements once or better yet twice a day

Get plenty of calcium.

aquaman

It could Just show that milk and juice don’t work for you in controlling blood sugars.

Your blood glucose probably spiked, then crashed from the aspirin, and you released tons of cortisol.

Eat fruits and we’ll cooked Tubers like whites sweet potato and potato, with protein, and then test

Get a blood glucose machine too, they’re like $20 with 50 strips

It took me awhile to drink a glass of OJ and not feel an intense sugar craving, or tired and weird.

Switching from fat to sugar burning isn’t necessarily easy.

I think thyroid may be 100% necessary.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vitamin B1(TTFD), B2(Riboflavin), B3(Niacinamide with possibly bursts of Niacin), magnesium, potassium, can fill in with nutritional yeast by cycling it. This is what I am doing.

CLASH

Lol I dont think this means your glucose oxidation is poor.

It seems to me you ate relatively quick digesting foods and then took aspirin which lowers your ability to produce cortisol and then took niacinamide which inhibited your ability to release free fatty acids. Once your sugar ran out your body was inhibited from
releasing adaptive hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline (niacinamide inhibited free fatty acid release, which is one of the main things adrenaline does) causing you to be left with absolutely nothing to run on, hence the crash.

Fruit/ fruit juice are known to be rapidly digested. Sugars in general digest pretty rapidly. Without any fat, protein also may be more quickly digested. Also i'm pretty sure without some cortisol amino acids can't be converted to glucose via gluconeogenesis in the liver, so even if you had enough amino acids available to provide you with some energy, you inhibited the conversion to glucose by using aspirin.

If you want to make your meals last longer, you have to add some fiber, fat, and/ or boiled starches. Coconut oil doesnt really count either, it burns like sugar. Also, in my experience, if used too much or in the wrong context, these anti-stress substances (aspirin, progesterone, niacinamide etc) can cause you to bottom out by tanking the adaptive hormones too much. I dont think the goal should be zero cortisol, zero estrogen, zero adrenaline etc. I think some basic low level amount of these adaptive hormones is required to function to some degree.

Nemo

I wanted to see how much of my energy I was getting from burning fat versus burning sugar. Plus my blood sugar lowered a lot over the past few years, so I wanted to confirm that I was in fact oxidizing glucose. Unfortunately the results were a pretty bad surprise.

Are there any uncouplers besides aspirin and coffee that Peat hasn't talked about which will stimulate mitochondrial regeneration?

Benfotiamine: Benfotiamine, a Lipid-Soluble Analog of Vitamin B1, Improves the Mitochondrial Biogenesis and Function in Blunt Snout Bream (Megalobrama amblycephala) Fed High-Carbohydrate Diets by Promoting the AMPK/PGC-1β/NRF-1 Axis

Or you can do it with B1 nibbled all day or taken in drops all day. I did it with Energin, 2-3 drops with every meal and snack.

redsun

I ate barely any fat for the entire day, only drank lots of orange juice and ate some cheese sticks and drank a few cups of milk, and took aspirin & niacinamide to kill FFA.

A few hours later I felt absolutely horrible, couldn't form complete sentences, couldn't walk outside my door, had not even an ounce of energy and needed to bag breathe for 5 min to just get my thoughts together, go to my kitchen and eat a spoon of coconut oil (don't mean to over-dramatize). Thankfully the difference in 2 min was night and day.

So the bad news is that all of my energy seems to be coming from fat no matter how many carbs I eat and how good my blood sugar seems to be on paper. All my carbs are going to lactic acid instead of CO2.

I already take MB, try to get at least a bit of red light regularly, take thyroid, and have been depleting PUFA for 4 years, all of which are supposed to lower lactate. If my glucose oxidation is still this bad what else is left for me to try?

CO2 exposure in theory should be able to regenerate mitochondria and restore glucose oxidation but I don't know how to put it into practice aside from moving to a high altitude.

Thanks for reading.

You never mention using Bs. Thiamine is a big one as some have already suggested. Using uncouplers and things that speed up metabolism like thyroid, aspirin, caffeine will only deplete Bs further, and if you take them but not enough Bs you are screwing yourself over big time. Thiamine is great for increasing CO2, one of the better ways to do it.

Tarmander

Zpol

Thanks for reading.

Ironic; I'm in this same situation. Currently researching the issue today. I didn't do a test like you just did but I have recently started having neuropathy in my feet and then got my yearly Health Risk Assessment blood labs done and found my fasting blood glucose, A1c, and Advanced Glycination End products have all sky rocketed in the past year for some reason, despite low PUFA, eating regular balanced meals, keen attention to preventing blood sugar drops (lol), taking B-vitamins including Benfotiamine (600mg/day), and basically doing all the 'right' things based on what I've learned from RP sources. I'm here today by quitting starches via RP suggestion so I know I'm doing something right. But I have the same questions... how to get more CO2 (I already do slow breathing), I use red light (but how do I assure I'm doing it right and enough?), take thyroid and get full thyroid blood panels, etc. I sit here and research and collect tons of knowledge but practical application does not yield the same results that it should according to all the studies.
I know we have to get that elusive redox balance balance and it takes time to shift it but how does one know if they are shifting it in the right direction? The other thing I know is that we need a constant electrolyte balance; but how do we know if we are consuming enough sodium/magnesium/potassium/calcium to be on the right track? It'd be cool if there was some device that could monitor electrical impulse.

Vitamin B1(TTFD), B2(Riboflavin), B3(Niacinamide with possibly bursts of Niacin), magnesium, potassium, can fill in with nutritional yeast by cycling it. This is what I am doing.
Are you taking potassium in supplement form or do you mean from food?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Are you taking potassium in supplement form or do you mean from food?
I supplement a bit when I feel I need it.

Tenacity

I bet your bottom dollar you either didn't eat many calories or that you wouldn't have this reaction with starch. 72% carbohydrate diet, about 10% fat and I don't feel this way at all.

If you weren't oxidizing glucose than you'd be dead.

What's likely wrong is insulin dysfunction. Either in the body or the brain. Either too much or too little insulin or insulin receptors.

Nemo

found my fasting blood glucose, A1c, and Advanced Glycination End products have all sky rocketed in the past year for some reason, despite low PUFA, eating regular balanced meals, keen attention to preventing blood sugar drops (lol), taking B-vitamins including Benfotiamine (600mg/day), and basically doing all the 'right' things based on what I've learned from RP sources.

Zpol, if you're doing all this, especially B vitamins and Benfo, and you're getting pre-diabetes symptoms like these, to me it shouts out too much fat in your diet. Just looked for the studies I saw recently and couldn't find them quickly, but they showed that if you're eating more than 1/3 of your calories as fat, you will quickly get insulin resistant. That's no matter what kind of fat you're eating. It happens fast and you can reverse it fast. Just get your fat calories down below 30% of total calories, even for individual meals and snacks.

Eat five fruits or vegetables a day (obviously Peaty, fruits better), milk, a little meat/fish here and there, potato or sprouted oats when you want occasional starches, and you'll be unlikely to have problems with potassium. Make sure you eat 100g a day of watermelon daily as one of the fruits and you'll be unlikely to be magnesium deficient. Drink at least four glasses of milk a day and you're unlikely to be calcium deficient. If you're getting potassium as above, just salt to taste and you'll be unlikely to be sodium deficient.

jet9

Thanks for reading.
If coconut oil made you feel better does not mean that you use fat for energy.

Do you have blood sugar meter ?

I bet here is what happened:
You drank lots of oj (sugar) your blood sugar spiked and you become tired / lazy / no energy.
You ate coconut oil and it lowered blood sugar to more optimal levels.
(yes, coconut oil can lower blood sugar - tested on myself and read anicdotes on web)

Another way to feel good after too much sugar is to exercise for 5-10 min.
(which also lowers blood sugar, also tested with meter)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals