Role Of Potassium And Insulin In Regulation Of Blood Sugar

remi

Hi, first I'm French so I'm sorry if my English it's not perfect.

Dr Peat said that : "Insulin is important in the regulation of blood sugar, but its importance has been exaggerated because of the diabetes/insulin industry. Insulin itself has been found to account for only about 8% of the "insulin-like activity" of the blood, with potassium being probably the largest factor. There probably isn't any process in the body that doesn't potentially affect blood sugar."

I did my own research but I found anything that confirms that.

Does someone can explain me or has some studies to explain how potassium play a major role in regulation of blood sugar level and his absorption ? Because according to Peat, potatoes is good because there is a lot of potassium to help the absorption of glucose but the glycemic index, insulin index are high and when I eat well cook potatoes often I have an attack of exhaustion (=tired, I don't know exactly the word for explain this sensation) 1 or 2 hours after meal.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Type1D

I was also wondering this same question. Does anyone know the best source for potassium. Being type 1 diabetic I am trying to figure out the best way to approach this diet. Not sure if I should give more insulin to eat the potatoes?

baccheion

Potassium, chromium, etc ease burden on insulin release by shuttling nutrients into cells. Vitamin K2 MK-4 collects in the pancreas and increases insulin sensitivity.

Many fruits contain potassium.

Vitamin C also needs insulin to be absorbed and has some sort of normalizing effect.

In my case, sour things/taste and salt decrease crash after carbs. On the other hand, I'm not diabetic and have a gene mutation that results in less amylase.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals