How Do You Make Your Dough?

jitsmonkey

Hi, what do you guys do for a living? I have read that there are some professions that our boy Ray keeps on roasting, whether it is based on radiation or high stress, it leaves numerous jobs of the table. I was just wondering what do you do for a living, and what experiences do you have regarding your profession? As an 18 year old who is halfway in my last year of school, and have no idea as to what to do with my life, I am both grateful and curious for your responses :)

at 18 you should have no clue what to do with your life
in spite of the culture pushing you to do the opposite.
Enjoy yourself.

D

Deleted member 5487

Thanks man, will keep this in mind :)

That is some of the worst and incorrect advice I have ever read. Culture/goverment encourages short term thinking, student loan debt, hedonism in the early developmental years.

Taking "Enjoy yourself" advice from a student loan debted-broke pleb is awful.

But do as you please, I'll be sure to tip heavily:)

Runenight201

Pursue things that are genuinely interesting to you. Make sure you keep a health metabolism with lots of energy so that you want to be engaged and learn new things and not sit ideally day after day wasting time browsing the web. Engage in a breadth of things, but also keep in the back of your mind that eventually something has to be your "money maker".

Ideally strive for the bread winner to be something to be an occupation that's engaging, interesting, has growth, and doesn't have a slave-like corporate mentality behind it.

You could also 'hustle', in terms of working for yourself, with little security, but is highly rewarding if you succeed. There is no more risky yet intensely fun way to play life than this way. Definitely only for those who are high-risk, high-reward, strong levels of dopamine, drive to succeed, motivation, etc...Just make sure this all based in positive hormonal states and not driven by the catecholamine hormones. It's best to engage in this lifestyle with no debt, kids, mortgage etc...Once you have debt and responsibilities this can become impossible.

It's fine to in the short-term to join a company that is stringent only because it can add some skills and provide income, like being a traditional salesman for instance. A salesman in the right market can make you a lot of money and also teach you many things about personal relations, human psychology, and of course the product/technology your pushing. Always bear in mind the level of stress with each occupation, and if it's too much that your own health can sustain, ditch it. Never let your main hustle distract from side hustles, and most importantly your own personal development.

Be well-rounded, and pursue many different areas of growth, whatever they may be to you. Physical growth, mental growth, artistic growth, skill growth, imagine life is like an RPG with many different skills. Some may be more interesting to you than others, but 'leveling up' in certain skills bring their own advantages, and at the end of the day if you good enough in any area, you can somehow monetize it.

That's what I think. The fact that you're here on RPForum and prioritize your health will put you a step ahead of many people. There are people in their mid 20s who are already burnt out with the corporate 9-5 structure, and have no energy to pursue any outside hobbies or really personally develop. Avoid this zombie trap, and so long as you are brimming with life and energy, things will work out.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

That is some of the worst and incorrect advice I have ever read. Culture/goverment encourages short term thinking, student loan debt, hedonism in the early developmental years.

Taking "Enjoy yourself" advice from a student loan debted-broke pleb is awful.

But do as you please, I'll be sure to tip heavily:)
Hahaha, duly noted, thanks :)

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Pursue things that are genuinely interesting to you. Make sure you keep a health metabolism with lots of energy so that you want to be engaged and learn new things and not sit ideally day after day wasting time browsing the web. Engage in a breadth of things, but also keep in the back of your mind that eventually something has to be your "money maker".

Ideally strive for the bread winner to be something to be an occupation that's engaging, interesting, has growth, and doesn't have a slave-like corporate mentality behind it.

You could also 'hustle', in terms of working for yourself, with little security, but is highly rewarding if you succeed. There is no more risky yet intensely fun way to play life than this way. Definitely only for those who are high-risk, high-reward, strong levels of dopamine, drive to succeed, motivation, etc...Just make sure this all based in positive hormonal states and not driven by the catecholamine hormones. It's best to engage in this lifestyle with no debt, kids, mortgage etc...Once you have debt and responsibilities this can become impossible.

It's fine to in the short-term to join a company that is stringent only because it can add some skills and provide income, like being a traditional salesman for instance. A salesman in the right market can make you a lot of money and also teach you many things about personal relations, human psychology, and of course the product/technology your pushing. Always bear in mind the level of stress with each occupation, and if it's too much that your own health can sustain, ditch it. Never let your main hustle distract from side hustles, and most importantly your own personal development.

Be well-rounded, and pursue many different areas of growth, whatever they may be to you. Physical growth, mental growth, artistic growth, skill growth, imagine life is like an RPG with many different skills. Some may be more interesting to you than others, but 'leveling up' in certain skills bring their own advantages, and at the end of the day if you good enough in any area, you can somehow monetize it.

That's what I think. The fact that you're here on RPForum and prioritize your health will put you a step ahead of many people. There are people in their mid 20s who are already burnt out with the corporate 9-5 structure, and have no energy to pursue any outside hobbies or really personally develop. Avoid this zombie trap, and so long as you are brimming with life and energy, things will work out.
Thank you so much for your response sir, I appreciate it :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals