California Teachers Mandated to Get Vaccines, or Test Weekly: What would you do?

Ultimatum: Get vaccine, submit to weekly PCR tests, or quit a job you enjoy (teaching).

• Weekly PCR tests

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Get vaccinated

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Quit the job

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters

Vileplume

Governor Newsom has required vaccines or weekly testing. My concerns include that weekly PCR testing might be dangerous, if the swabs have graphene oxide, like some have claimed.

I’m definitely not getting vaccinated, so my options become: weekly PCR tests or leave the teaching profession, at least for a year. What would you do?

miraddo

The testing swabs used here in AU are okay in my opinion. I've had 2 tests so far and they don't go that far deep as some have claimed, just to the top of the nasal passage. Weekly testing would obviously be the "lesser of two evils." The delay strategy for the vac is crucial imo, especially with better alternatives like Novavax coming into the market.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

The testing swabs used here in AU are okay in my opinion. I've had 2 tests so far and they don't go that far deep as some have claimed, just to the top of the nasal passage. Weekly testing would obviously be the "lesser of two evils." The delay strategy for the vac is crucial imo, especially with better alternatives like Novavax coming into the market.
Thank you for your input. I agree that delaying would be great, because perhaps in the future, vaccine damage will become evident enough that vaccination requirements reduce or go away. The issue with frequent testing is that there are so many false positives, it’s every week I’m playing Russian roulette that I’ll have to miss work.

miraddo

Thank you for your input. I agree that delaying would be great, because perhaps in the future, vaccine damage will become evident enough that vaccination requirements reduce or go away. The issue with frequent testing is that there are so many false positives, it’s every week I’m playing Russian roulette that I’ll have to miss work.
The false positive rate seems to be really low, id say the odds are bit more favourable for you than Russian roulette. Worst case scenario, you have to self-isolate for 2 weeks at home, not terrible especially considering you are willing to leave teaching for a year.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

The false positive rate seems to be really low, id say the odds are bit more favourable for you than Russian roulette. Worst case scenario, you have to self-isolate for 2 weeks at home, not terrible especially considering you are willing to leave teaching for a year.
Indeed. Thanks miraddo.

tankasnowgod

I’m definitely not getting vaccinated, so my options become: weekly PCR tests or leave the teaching profession, at least for a year. What would you do?

I think the first thing you should do, before you choose ANY option, is demand to see the copy of the work policy, and read and understand it. Then, you can choose your options from there. Far, far too many people are reacting to announcements they hear on the "news" or social media, and not demanding the actual policy from the source, aka, their employer.

Personally, I would refuse to do either. Not necessarily quit straight up, but refuse to take the vaccine or the PCR test. There is simply no way you agreed to this when you first got a job. If you aren't fully ready to just quit, just refuse to participate in their fake pandemic game. If the decide to fire you (more likely a layoff), so be it. I think a lot of these systems (especially government) are on the verge of collapse, and if even 10% of sane people (aka so called "Anti-Vaxxers") stand our ground or quit, that could push it over.

I've posted this response from John Jay Singleton, and may be about to use it myself-

Don't participate, respond by saying "I'm a qualified individual with a disability and I am asking that you refrain from asking me about my medical history as it constitutes harassment, coercion and intimidation. Please be advised that the Americans with Disabilities Act prevents you, my employer, from this conduct and from imposing any mitigation measures upon me without a court order. Please also remediate yourself on our employment agreement and at no point in that agreement did I waive my rights to informed consent, especially with those who are not my physicians. Be further advised that you need to conduct an individualized assessment to determine if I am a direct threat to anyone, and then obtain a court order. Otherwise, I have a contractual right to perform the duties of my employment without interference or harassment and you have an obligation to obey the law.

(Note- Thyroid disorders are recognized under the ADA).

The way society, the economy, businesses and even governments have been laid to waste over the past year and a half pretty much ensures there really is no such thing as a "good" or "secure" job out there. You probably aren't risking nearly as much as you think if you attempt to call their bluff or quit.

lucid&alive

1. Try to get an religious exemption if they are offered
2. Make them fire you. The teachers unions are really strong so if a lot of people resist they might be put in a tough spot.
3. Find a teaching job in a different state.

JamesGatz

I'm a teacher too and a soccer coach in a very liberal state, so if I get fired because all of my magic tricks and charm to avoid this killer shot don't work, I'm just going to pray there won't be a nationwide ban and take my talents down south

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I think the first thing you should do, before you choose ANY option, is demand to see the copy of the work policy, and read and understand it. Then, you can choose your options from there. Far, far too many people are reacting to announcements they hear on the "news" or social media, and not demanding the actual policy from the source, aka, their employer.

Personally, I would refuse to do either. Not necessarily quit straight up, but refuse to take the vaccine or the PCR test. There is simply no way you agreed to this when you first got a job. If you aren't fully ready to just quit, just refuse to participate in their fake pandemic game. If the decide to fire you (more likely a layoff), so be it. I think a lot of these systems (especially government) are on the verge of collapse, and if even 10% of sane people (aka so called "Anti-Vaxxers") stand our ground or quit, that could push it over.

I've posted this response from John Jay Singleton, and may be about to use it myself-

(Note- Thyroid disorders are recognized under the ADA).

The way society, the economy, businesses and even governments have been laid to waste over the past year and a half pretty much ensures there really is no such thing as a "good" or "secure" job out there. You probably aren't risking nearly as much as you think if you attempt to call their bluff or quit.
Thank you for sharing these ideas. I think it's not actually a policy from the district, but an order from the state Department of Public health, here: Order of the State Public Health Officer Vaccine Verification for Workers in Schools

Even if I have grounds to avoid vaccination under the ADA (not sure I do, I just have chronic inflammation and IBS), it seems like people with disabilities would still be able to do weekly testing. Do you think this ultimatum would count as discriminatory? It's not forcing vaccination.

By the way, I believe you're right that many of these systems are standing on weak legs. With several teachers and bus drivers out this week, we are already down major numbers with our staff. Teachers have to sub for each other on prep periods, the bus numbers are way impacted, class sizes are way too big, and we have several teaching vacancies that we are struggling to fill. If a few teachers quit, the school would fall apart.

Last edited:
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

1. Try to get an religious exemption if they are offered
2. Make them fire you. The teachers unions are really strong so if a lot of people resist they might be put in a tough spot.
3. Find a teaching job in a different state.
Thank you for these ideas. Even if I get a religious exemption, I would still have to take the weekly PCR or antigen tests, right? The bottom two options are definitely in my line of sight.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I'm a teacher too and a soccer coach in a very liberal state, so if I get fired because all of my magic tricks and charm to avoid this killer shot don't work, I'm just going to pray there won't be a nationwide ban and take my talents down south
It seems we may find ourselves in a similar boat soon, although I hope for you that nothing changes in your state. If you did have the ultimatum, would you not do the weekly PCR tests?

Brandin

False positives for the test is high tho? just like the false negative.

JamesGatz

It seems we may find ourselves in a similar boat soon, although I hope for you that nothing changes in your state. If you did have the ultimatum, would you not do the weekly PCR tests?
I took the test at a lowkey clinic when I first got hired cause it was required by the school. I just had to email them the pdf the testing site sent me. I probably wouldn't do this, but it doesn't seem like there would be anything stopping a person modifying the PDF to change the dates and re-sending it.

Either way I don't see a lot of people visiting a testing site every week and sending it to their workplace forever - I highly doubt this rule will stay in place and if it does - I don't see it being enforced at all (My principle never followed the school covid restrictions himself for example) . Either way I'm just the type of person to do everything I can (within legal boundaries) and if it doesn't work I would just let myself be fired if I could just move to a new location and continue my career - worst case scenario and there's a nationwide thing I have an interesting work history, so my choices of employment are large - I'm not really worried

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

Thank you for sharing these ideas. I think it's not actually a policy from the district, but an order from the state Department of Public health, here: Order of the State Public Health Officer Vaccine Verification for Workers in Schools
That may be, but still, demand it from your HR department. Don't make any assumptions. They wanna try to get you take the demonvax? At least make them jump through the hoops they are supposed to jump through. Also, I think you should read and know the policy before making ANY decision, unless you're just gonna straight up quit.
Even if I have grounds to avoid vaccination under the ADA (not sure I do, I just have chronic inflammation and IBS), it seems like people with disabilities would still be able to do weekly testing. Do you think this ultimatum would count as discriminatory? It's not forcing vaccination.

The ADA isn't about "vaccination," per se. It's about protecting the rights of the disabled. That would include harassment about your (private) medical history. How is this not a major invasion of privacy? "Submit to these dangerous, unapproved drugs, or we will invade your health privacy every week!" You're telling me that's not "harassment" or "coercion?"

As for what is covered and what isn't, it's written so widely, that practically anybody could be. No specific conditions are listed. It's only worded to include things like "Major Life Activities." It does seem to be, according to some sources-

Regardless, the only accommodation you are looking for would be for them NOT to violate your right to keep you private health and medical history private. It's a suggestion from JJS, a consult with him could be a good idea, depending on your situation.

miraddo

[First You]
Where I live there have been over 100K tests done and only 100 or so positive cases.

Please provide evidence that the false positive rate is "97%" and i'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

The alternative health sphere is already toothless and marginalised as it is, making hysterical claims like this without evidence does a disservice to everyone.

tankasnowgod

Where I live there have been over 100K tests done and only 100 or so positive cases.
This proves absolutely nothing about false positive rates. Maybe there only should have been 2 or 3 positive cases where you live. Or zero.

"Garbage in, garbage out" still applies.
Please provide evidence that the false positive rate is "97%" and i'm more than happy to be proven wrong.
Anthony Colpo wrote about this-

Here is the cited Jaffar study-

It can be observed that at Ct = 25, up to 70% of patients remain positive in culture and that at Ct = 30 this value drops to 20%. At Ct = 35, the value we used to report a positive result for PCR, <3% of cultures are positive. Our Ct value of 35, initially based on the results obtained by RT-PCR on control negative samples in our laboratory and initial results of cultures [8], is validated by the results herein presented and is in correlation with what was proposed in Korea [9] and Taiwan [10].

The alternative health sphere is already toothless and marginalised as it is, making hysterical claims like this without evidence does a disservice to everyone.
That claim wasn't "hysterical," it was based on the Jaffar study. And it may have actually been conservative. Many labs have been running higher cycle counts, with the FDA recommending 40, and some labs going up to 45.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom