Do You Use Google As Your Search Engine?

Amazoniac

Hard to ditch google for me.
It was a wise move to digitalize the knowledge available, Google has access to publications of all sorts. The guys have to seriously mess up to be ditched.

It must be safer for them to deprioritize a result than to omit from listing, therefore one thing that we can does is to find out the average numbers of pages that searchers are willing to go through before giving up, and we can expect to start finding less manipulated results from there. Adding specific sentences and narrowing the search makes them more difficult to be avoided. What I mean is that we can no longer search for vague terms counting on the engine's cooperation.

Last edited:
OP
R
Anglo-Saxon tech company? :crazy::rollingred
DDG is Jewish, yes. Startpage is best. Protonmail is overpriced - and if I were that security conscious, then I'd host my own or go with something that supports regular mail clients and use my own end-to-end crypto on top (like GPG). There are lots of companies that host mail for way cheaper that support the above. Brave is not a privacy browser; it's origins were a scam. Top privacy browsers are Pale Moon, ungoogled-chromium, and maybe Waterfox. Firefox with the right customizations is more private than Brave.
Huh, it's interesting that you say that brave isn't the best for privacy. Do you have a link or a source in mind?

What about duckduckgo? Have you ever come across any damning information about it?

postman

It was a wise move to digitalize the knowledge available, Google has access to publications of all sorts. The guys have to seriously mess up to be ditched.

It must be safer for them to deprioritize a result than to omit from listing, therefore one thing that we can does is to find out the average numbers of pages that searchers are willing to go through before giving up, and we can expect to start finding less manipulated results from there. Adding specific sentences and narrowing the search makes them more difficult to be avoided. What I mean is that we can no longer search for vague terms counting on the engine's cooperation.
Doesn't work. If your search includes any word that is related to any kind of controversy all you will get are sanctioned results, it doesn't matter how specific you are.

Amazoniac

Doesn't work. If your search includes any word that is related to any kind of controversy all you will get are sanctioned results, it doesn't matter how specific you are.
I mean for those that aren't excluded, but moved down the listing.

If I'm not wrong, there are ways of using multiple search engines at once. Wowever, I don't know if they work well and if they're into ducks.

Last edited:

Jamesu

Welcome to the new age of transparency - where all the knowledge is right there at the tips of your fingers. That glass rectangular monolith that houses infinite potential. So easily it must be for those who access the internet to simply understand the world - Or could it be that the consequential outcomes to such promises of information media assume a new order of power? There's no where for information to hide, right? It's a little strange to think that all the information we need to live fits within the palm of a hand... Okay I'll stop now... But seriously, this homo-digitalis nonsense is possibly just another means to be controlled. Pretty simple. We don't gain things by externalising there function, I think Peat even speaks of this...

Jamesu

I find it difficult to believe that a search engine owned by big tech could ever be un-skewed towards some sociocultural/market incentive. I say we find some bootleg search engine run from someones garage, that'll probably be the only way to have a truly free search engine

mimmo123

Zach Vorhies was a software engineer at Google who got fired he exposed how they manipulate there search results to fit there narrative and manipulate people
and elections With AI. The future of AI is extremely scary on what they can do and I'm glad Ray mentioned it on his interview with Danny

You can download Google internal documents from his website
Zach Vorhies - Google Whistleblower

yomama

Anyone using Opera as web browser? Currently using Chrome but would like to change.

David PS

That's very helpful. Thank you.

Do you have more tips on search? I find that using " word or phrase" and using AND and OR no longer work where it used to. Especially with Google.

Is there a specialized app or search engine that retains all the features of search using fully the operators instead of being intentionally crippled like Google is?
I share your frustration with Google. My browser is currently set to use Presearch as the default. It is not that I have found it to be better than other search engines. I use Presearch because I am purposefully running away from Google and other search engines that collect and share my data. Presearch may collect my data, but Google definitely collects and share info.

Here is a link to a Presearch search for "searching tips". Sometimes I like use the image tab at the top to find a visual display of information (examples below). At other times, the video tab is more helpful. I have not checked to see if all of the tips work.
presearch.com

searching%20tips - Presearch

Presearch is a decentralized search engine, powered by the community.
presearch.com
presearch.com

rtaImage

bmr-infographic-useful-google-search-tips1.png

Edit - click on the image to see the full size.

Happy searching!

yerrag

I share your frustration with Google. My browser is currently set to use Presearch as the default. It is not that I have found it to be better than other search engines. I use Presearch because I am purposefully running away from Google and other search engines that collect and share my data. Presearch may collect my data, but Google definitely collects and share info.

Here is a link to a Presearch search for "searching tips". Sometimes I like use the image tab at the top to find a visual display of information (examples below). At other times, the video tab is more helpful. I have not checked to see if all of the tips work.
presearch.com

searching%20tips - Presearch

Presearch is a decentralized search engine, powered by the community.
presearch.com
presearch.com

rtaImage

bmr-infographic-useful-google-search-tips1.png

Edit - click on the image to see the full size.

Happy searching!
These are great tips!

I haven't used many of these tips and they sure will come in handy. I hope the "*" searches eventually get restored, but that would a world power matter more than a user preference matter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals