how can I recover from taking rubbish supplements

johnwester130

like fish oil, resveratrol, l-carnitine, melatonin (a hormone, which has me worried) and tryptohpan for sleep

edit : also silica supplements for hair and skin, like silica g5 and horsetail

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I took all of those too. :oops: I don't think you're alone. Most of us here have followed some type of detrimental plan in an effort to be healthy before finding Peat's work. Now that you have different information you can just start making different choices to help turn things around.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Where did the myth come from that silica is a beauty supplement and can be bottled and sold in capsules ?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
johnwester130 said:
post 102762 Where did the myth come from that silica is a beauty supplement and can be bottled and sold in capsules ?
I have no idea :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

I took a "beauty supplement" for 2 or 3 months years ago that had a lot of silica, horsetail, a bunch of stuff. It had iron too.

LucH

johnwester130 said:
how can I recover from taking rubbish supplements
like fish oil, l-carnitine, melatonin (a hormone, which has me worried)
To neutralize PUFA, take 150 UI vitamin E (mixed natural tocopherols) and eat 2 yellow / orange fruits / vegetables (for beta-carotene). No fruit with seeds (pro-estrogenic).
Eat a carrot or a salad carrot with citrus juice at the beginning of a meal when there is a estrogene dominance. In the same way, No nuts or legumes. No alfafa sprouts and no soy food in crisis period (hormone unbalance).
Eat more coconut oil.
:hattip

LucH

"Caloric restriction decreases the age-related accumulation of the fatty acids with 4 and 5 double bonds".
Source: RP from http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fa ... ion3.shtml
At the beginning of a fast, there will be an aggravation from AA and PLA2 (Arachidonic acid and Phospholipases A2). Eat an apple or some other fibbers (carrot) to capture these eicosanoids (pro-inflammatory factors, when in excess).
I would also eat 2 weeks without fats, except coconut oil + 3 weeks with moderate amounts of fats to amorce a new balance. 6 months needed.
of course no oil, nuts, fish ...
:hattip
LucH

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals