How Androgenic Is Exemestane?

Mr. Y

I'm experimenting right now with Exemestane - 6mg/day for about 2 months now.
I feel way better overall, mental clarity, more energy, lots of other good stuff, symptoms of testosterone going up.

I took a break of 10 days after the first month and mostly all the improvement went away.

My testosterone levels went up from 219 to 420 during this time.

I have made some blood tests in the beginning of the week and went to see the endocrinologist, he was worried about my ALT levels being high - 79 U/L and pressured me to stop everything.
So I've made some research and it seems like Exemestane might be hepatotoxic. Should I be worried and stop?

I feel like I'm so close to finally be in better health. What other alternatives would you recommend if I have to stop?

japanesedude

been on exemestane past few weeks. 6.25mg EOD along with 10mg famotidine twice a day,5000IU D3,few miligrams K2 and Progesterone
Famotidine seems to prevent digestion issues that made me quit taking exemestane before.taking progesterone is not what I wanted to do cause I found it neutrizes the benefit of high androgen feelings coming from exemestane but I still take it for safety since exemestane reduces an expression of progesterone receptor significantly.
progesterone an d3 preventing joints pain most definitely.
I feel great physically. increase in strength and recovery notable than when I was on few miligrams of T cream.
Libido is high sometimes but I since adding progesterone in the mix,EQ is not good as it used to be.

Vanset

You shouldn't really need to use more than quarter of exemestane tablet (1/4 of 25 mg) every 4-5 days IF your goal is aromatase suppression.

2exe.png
1exe.png

5 mg supresses aromatase the same as 25 mg and since it binds to the aromatase enzyme and the strength of supression doesn't differ between 5 mg and 25mg we can assume that 5mg should be just as strong as 25 mg over the course of a few days, but only when it comes to aromatase suppression. If you want to utilize the androgenic metabolite then it's a different topic.

Frankdee20

I personally liked examastane, took the blue Sky product, low doses, noticeable effects

Frankdee20

been on exemestane past few weeks. 6.25mg EOD along with 10mg famotidine twice a day,5000IU D3,few miligrams K2 and Progesterone
Famotidine seems to prevent digestion issues that made me quit taking exemestane before.taking progesterone is not what I wanted to do cause I found it neutrizes the benefit of high androgen feelings coming from exemestane but I still take it for safety since exemestane reduces an expression of progesterone receptor significantly.
progesterone an d3 preventing joints pain most definitely.
I feel great physically. increase in strength and recovery notable than when I was on few miligrams of T cream.
Libido is high sometimes but I since adding progesterone in the mix,EQ is not good as it used to be.
What online Source in the US ?

japanesedude

benefit of high androgen does not seem sufficent when I dose 6.25mg E2D or E3D. I think the aromatase inhibitation comes to an end atleast to me two days after the dose.
day after a single dose of exemestane I still feel strong physically.
I found EOD is the best when I want postive benefit of high androgen both mentally physically.
What online Source in the US ?
I got one from osakadou few years ago.

Vanset

benefit of high androgen does not seem sufficent when I dose 6.25mg E2D or E3D. I think the aromatase inhibitation comes to an end atleast to me two days after the dose.
day after a single dose of exemestane I still feel strong physically.
I found EOD is the best when I want postive benefit of high androgen both mentally physically.

I got one from osakadou few years ago.
My experience is that I can feel some aromatase suppression up to 5 days after 6.25mg (I have a good way to gauge it so I'm sure it's still somewhat suppressed), but I feel the strongest effects from daily dosing, which I think is the metabolite affecting me; it probably has a short half-life because I can only feel this strong effect on the day I dose it.

Best way to dose exemestane would be to get the powder and dissolve it in ethanol imo

Frankdee20

I want to buy the blue sky product again as it’s relatively inexpensive but some people say the company changed hands and products seem suspect. I used that Examastane back in 2020 and found it to be legit.

Most of the TRT clinics (something I’m considering) don’t use Examastane but they use anastrazole instead here in the United States

There’s also the pills from alldaychemists

japanesedude

My experience is that I can feel some aromatase suppression up to 5 days after 6.25mg (I have a good way to gauge it so I'm sure it's still somewhat suppressed), but I feel the strongest effects from daily dosing, which I think is the metabolite affecting me; it probably has a short half-life because I can only feel this strong effect on the day I dose it.

Best way to dose exemestane would be to get the powder and dissolve it in ethanol imo
That's an interesting.I actually don't feel good two days after a dose of exemestane. feels like estrogen bounce back possibly? I know exemestane should not cause an estrogen rebound but I just feel that way.
I can imagine ethanol dissolved exemestane applied on the skin has longer halflife tho.

Frankdee20

That's an interesting.I actually don't feel good two days after a dose of exemestane. feels like estrogen bounce back possibly? I know exemestane should not cause an estrogen rebound but I just feel that way.
I can imagine ethanol dissolved exemestane applied on the skin has longer halflife tho.
Perhaps one gets to a point where low estrogen symptoms, in theory, overlap with high ones (rebound).

Vanset

It probably depends on the person. The study I quoted above said that it took 3-6 days for estrogen to go back to baseline, so some people simply regenerate(?) the enzyme quicker than others.

I don't really use it anymore. On the first day I dose it I get a huge libido boost, but the next four days I feel completely emotionally flat.

It's still a cool one. An aromatase inhibitor with a very potent androgenic metabolite (I think stronger than DHT?) and since it increases gonadotropins it's not suppressive, the opposite actually (obviously). Neat. Very low daily dose is probably ideal imo since you get to have the androgenic metabolite in you 24/7; I suspect it has a short half life.

japanesedude

Perhaps one gets to a point where low estrogen symptoms, in theory, overlap with high ones (rebound).
interesting theory. I have experienced withdrawal from few miligrams of scrotal T before. When I stop using anything that increase T,difference is day and night.
It normally only takes few days to week to feel normal again but withdrawal happens.
It probably depends on the person. The study I quoted above said that it took 3-6 days for estrogen to go back to baseline, so some people simply regenerate(?) the enzyme quicker than others.

I don't really use it anymore. On the first day I dose it I get a huge libido boost, but the next four days I feel completely emotionally flat.

It's still a cool one. An aromatase inhibitor with a very potent androgenic metabolite (I think stronger than DHT?) and since it increases gonadotropins it's not suppressive, the opposite actually (obviously). Neat. Very low daily dose is probably ideal imo since you get to have the androgenic metabolite in you 24/7; I suspect it has a short half life.
I believe 6.25mg exemestane taken every other day does not tank estrogen. even when I stacked with K2 I didn't have flat emotion.
oh I have to mention,I'm 5 foot 8,158LBS and my bodyfat was 20 percent before I start taking exemestane. I used to get flat emotion from single dose of exemestane but It doen't happen to me anymore. libido is high but its perfectly under control (sign of high DHT and low estrogen!)
I don't know how long should I be on it but I have no reason to quit taking it so far. only problem is when I take K2 or Progesterone with exemestane,my cortisol gets too low I will have problem keep my bloodsugar high.

japanesedude

Been on Exemestane for almost 4month.I have lost 3-4kg since I started and my body looks leaner my face is less puffy.
I have ocational stomach discomfort If I don't take it with enough fat but other than this everything is fine.
Last week I did a bloodwork just for a health check. I was worried about ALT but everything was fine on the paper and actually a Dr said results are my personal best in the past few years.
E2D or E3D for the last few months. always take it with ~10mg topical Progesterone, 5000IU Vit D to enchance the effect and to prevent jointpain.
I think I found my sweet spot.

tastyfood

Been on Exemestane for almost 4month.I have lost 3-4kg since I started and my body looks leaner my face is less puffy.
I have ocational stomach discomfort If I don't take it with enough fat but other than this everything is fine.
Last week I did a bloodwork just for a health check. I was worried about ALT but everything was fine on the paper and actually a Dr said results are my personal best in the past few years.
E2D or E3D for the last few months. always take it with ~10mg topical Progesterone, 5000IU Vit D to enchance the effect and to prevent jointpain.
I think I found my sweet spot.

Did you test prolactin, LH, and FSH? Exemestane increased mine. Also, if you stop taking exemestane, I think an estrogen rebound is expected. Thanks for sharing your experience.

japanesedude

Nope.I did not test my hormones It was just a basic bloodwork. If I go cold turkey, I will post an update.

Frankdee20

Did you test prolactin, LH, and FSH? Exemestane increased mine. Also, if you stop taking exemestane, I think an estrogen rebound is expected. Thanks for sharing your experience.
The rebound wouldn’t be the same extent as you’d expect from having used a non suicidal aromatase inhibitor instead. The suicidal inhibition of examastane means the enzyme takes time to renew itself and this prevents spikes of estrogen returning upon cessation

japanesedude

exemestane actually gives me dopamine boost through out the day but I often felt like I'm on an auto pilot mode and felt weak.I think my Estrogen got too low after all.
I feel fantastic now with 2mg exemestane with 5-10mg DHEA. exemestane halflife is long I can probably get away with possible DHEA aromatization by taking exemestane twice a week.
but not gonna lie it's extremely hard to split a tiny 25mg pill lol

A.R

exemestane actually gives me dopamine boost through out the day but I often felt like I'm on an auto pilot mode and felt weak.I think my Estrogen got too low after all.
I feel fantastic now with 2mg exemestane with 5-10mg DHEA. exemestane halflife is long I can probably get away with possible DHEA aromatization by taking exemestane twice a week.
but not gonna lie it's extremely hard to split a tiny 25mg pill lol
Has this helped with gyno

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals