How Androgenic Is Exemestane?

T

TheBeard

haidut

Forum Supporter
This study:

Exemestane's 17-hydroxylated metabolite exerts biological effects as an androgen. - PubMed - NCBI

finds that "Exemestane exerts biological effects as an androgen". Well, actually one of its metabolites does.

Is that to say that it will exert androgenic activities in scalp, prostate, skin tissues and have masculinilization effects like DHT would?

Is the androgenic activity of 25mg Exemestane comparable to that of 25mg of Proviron? Or more? Or less?

@haidut ?

Now you know one of the secrets of medicine - treat women with an androgen without telling them it is, and this way nobody will discover that androgens are actually good for us.

The 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is just 6-methylene-boldenone. You can Google for "boldenone" for more info, but it is basically an anabolic steroid with less androgenicity than testosterone. However, the in the case of exemestane, the addition of the 6-methylene group seems to potentiate the androgenic effects and if you look at the study you linked to you will see that the 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is somewhere in between T and DHT in terms of androgenicity, which means quite androgenic. About 40% of an ingested dose of exemestane converts into the 17-OH metabolite, so by taking 25mg you get about 10mg of a highly androgenic AND anabolic steroid, with a half life of 24 hours, which also happens to powerfully inhibit aromatase. I would say it is probably similar or slightly weaker than Proviron in terms of androgenicity but is much more anabolic and better at lowering estrogen. This may explain why people taking it lose fat and gain muscle even without training.
Exemestane makes you slimmer and more muscular

I think exemestane is pretty good, and its safety can be improved by using doses no more than 10mg a day (beyound which there is no further decrease in estrogen) and combining with pregnenolone/DHEA. I would prefer it to Proviron. From the commercial steroids, exemestane and drostanolone would be my top choices, but I would always combine with precursors like pregnenolone/DHEA.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Now you know one of the secrets of medicine - treat women with an androgen without telling them it is, and this way nobody will discover that androgens are actually good for us.

The 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is just 6-methylene-boldenone. You can Google for "boldenone" for more info, but it is basically an anabolic steroid with less androgenicity than testosterone. However, the in the case of exemestane, the addition of the 6-methylene group seems to potentiate the androgenic effects and if you look at the study you linked to you will see that the 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is somewhere in between T and DHT in terms of androgenicity, which means quite androgenic. About 40% of an ingested dose of exemestane converts into the 17-OH metabolite, so by taking 25mg you get about 10mg of a highly androgenic AND anabolic steroid, with a half life of 24 hours, which also happens to powerfully inhibit aromatase. I would say it is probably similar or slightly weaker than Proviron in terms of androgenicity but is much more anabolic and better at lowering estrogen. This may explain why people taking it lose fat and gain muscle even without training.
Exemestane makes you slimmer and more muscular

I think exemestane is pretty good, and its safety can be improved by using doses no more than 10mg a day (beyound which there is no further decrease in estrogen) and combining with pregnenolone/DHEA. I would prefer it to Proviron. From the commercial steroids, exemestane and drostanolone would be my top choices, but I would always combine with precursors like pregnenolone/DHEA.
As the oral absorption is only around 40% and it undergoes a strong first-pass effect in the liver, do you think dissolving it in DMSO would work for topical application? And if so, would it be better than oral?

Also, as it metabolizes into a potent androgen, would you say it can be used therapeutically to recover from a highly catabolic state?

Cameron

Is it likely less suppressive than proviron? @haidut even at 25mgs. I've seen proviron cause testicular shrink is this less likely with examestane. Also is there any information on how much increase in dht one would see from 25mgs of either proviron or examestane?

Cameron

Maybe examestane and dhea are a great first step to trt. Rather then hcg clomid all that garbage that cause way more potential problems but is it sustainable to the body for both test and dht increase and healthy hpta

haidut

Forum Supporter
As the oral absorption is only around 40% and it undergoes a strong first-pass effect in the liver, do you think dissolving it in DMSO would work for topical application? And if so, would it be better than oral?

Also, as it metabolizes into a potent androgen, would you say it can be used therapeutically to recover from a highly catabolic state?

I think both oral and topical route work pretty well. When it is dissolved in tocoherol/oil, taking orally works really well but topical is also pretty good. I have tried both routes and they both seem to work well. The oral is more anabolic while the topical seems more anti-aromatase.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it likely less suppressive than proviron? @haidut even at 25mgs. I've seen proviron cause testicular shrink is this less likely with examestane. Also is there any information on how much increase in dht one would see from 25mgs of either proviron or examestane?

This is the good thing about exemestane - it has not been shown to be suppressive, even in high doses. So, that avoids one of the major side effects of other AAS. In fact, in lower doses (5mg-10mg daily) exemestane is known to even raise endogenous T/DHT/DHEA levels. If you Google for "exemestane DHT" or "exemestane DHEA" you will find quiet a few studies on its effects on androgens.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe examestane and dhea are a great first step to trt. Rather then hcg clomid all that garbage that cause way more potential problems but is it sustainable to the body for both test and dht increase and healthy hpta

I concur but there should always be some pregnenolone/DHEA thrown in as well to make sure exemestane does not affect the allopregnanolone pathway. DHEA alone will not prevent that. I think the pregnenolone/DHEA combo should be a part of any steroid routine and Peat has recommended this to many people who asked him about AAS.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think both oral and topical route work pretty well. When it is dissolved in tocoherol/oil, taking orally works really well but topical is also pretty good. I have tried both routes and they both seem to work well. The oral is more anabolic while the topical seems more anti-aromatase.
Sweet, thanks. And did you ever use drostanolone before, and if so, how does it compare with exemestane?

Cameron

@haidut I've increased my preg from 30 to 50 through diet so I'm interested in examestane for sure with probably adding few mgs of preg or dhea

Cameron

@haidut have you noticed low estrogen symptoms I love this for increased androgens but my lifestlyle is already very anti estrogen would 10 mgs work better to increase androgens without too aggressive estrogen decrease ? Increasing tissue androgens is the goal blood levels are high

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sweet, thanks. And did you ever use drostanolone before, and if so, how does it compare with exemestane?

Can't comment on illegal AAS. It is illegal to even possess it in the US, let alone use it. But if you Google around you will find plenty of reports from bodybuilders.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I've increased my preg from 30 to 50 through diet so I'm interested in examestane for sure with probably adding few mgs of preg or dhea

I think adding even just pregnenolone would be enough. There are few reports on bodybuilding forums from people who used AI by itself and their T levels rose but not by much and they also felt like crap. After adding 50mg pregnenolone daily their total T went sky high and they felt great. I think pregnenolone can reliably raise T levels if estrogen is kept under control since estrogen inhibits the conversion of pregnenolone down the androgen pathway.
I would try and see. In some people a little DHEA may be needed but considering exemestane seems to raise DHEA in most people then I think pregnenolone may be enough.

cyclops

What would be the benefit of using Exemestane instead of Androsterone?

LCohen

What would be the benefit of using Exemestane instead of Androsterone?

How about your estrogen levels? They both oppose estrogens.

If you want more androgenic effect Androsterone would be good. I think it will oppose estrogen on tissues, organs in body. It may not powerfully decrease circulating estrogens. (Maybe it does, anyone tested?)

If you're having high serum estrogen, exemestane will be good. But don't expect "strong androgenic" effects from exemestane. It will aim your circulating estrogens and block new formation of it. Then you can add an androgenic compound.

cyclops

If you want more androgenic effect Androsterone would be good. I think it will oppose estrogen on tissues, organs in body. It may not powerfully decrease circulating estrogens. (Maybe it does, anyone tested?)

If you're having high serum estrogen, exemestane will be good. But don't expect "strong androgenic" effects from exemestane. It will aim your circulating estrogens and block new formation of it. Then you can add an androgenic compound.

I think Androsterone is supposed to be an even more powerful anti-estrogen than Exemestane though.

olive

Just FYI exemestane needs to be consumed alongside fats for optimal absorption.

RisingSun

Haidut explained it the best.

I have no idea how it compares to Proviron, I have read the same studies as all of you on the androgenicity of its metabolite, and can’t comment further on the pharmacokinetics.

On the ground with my clients, they do report a higher sense of well being when I switch them from arimidex to aromasin, better libido, more toned muscles.

So I would tend to think the androgenic attributes that exemestane has on paper do translate in real life observations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals