How Androgenic Is Exemestane?

Charger

As I mentioned before, AI drugs seem to lower progesterone synthesis and this can be couneracted by either using a low dose (5mg-6mg exemestane daily still have a VERY potent AI effect) and/or adding some pregnenolone/progesterone.

Is there any particular study that shows the progesterone lowering effect of AI drugs?

OP
T

TheBeard

Is there any particular study that shows the progesterone lowering effect of AI drugs?

It's litterally the second study when you type "exemestane progesterone" in Google.
Come one man...

SuperStressed

Does anyone know if Androsterone lowers Progesterone like AIs do?

Have taken 2.5-3mg ish exemestane for the last 2 days, no effect so far, not sure if I should wait longer at this daily dose before upping the dose.

Took a teaspoon of progest e to no effect, so I still think estrogen is high

Haidut used to say 2.5 has the same anti estrogen effect as 25mg but he says differently in this thread.

SuperStressed

Haidut clarifies here

10mg per day is probably the max dose needed for estrogen suppression.

golder

@haidut I've just got some exemestane raw powder. Is there any kind of test I could do to check the likely authenticity of it? Bitterness/color/appearance/texture/smell/solubility in water? From reading around it's come to my attention that a lot of unscrupulous sellers can replace the exemestane for a much cheaper AI like arimidex. Thanks in advance!

OP
T

TheBeard

@haidut I've just got some exemestane raw powder. Is there any kind of test I could do to check the likely authenticity of it? Bitterness/color/appearance/texture/smell/solubility in water? From reading around it's come to my attention that a lot of unscrupulous sellers can replace the exemestane for a much cheaper AI like arimidex. Thanks in advance!

That's why you only buy pharmaceutical when possible.
Tiromel has Aromasin.

golder

That's why you only buy pharmaceutical when possible.
Tiromel has Aromasin.
Yeah I realise this mistake now, definitely won’t be doing it again. I’m just trying to work out if there are any kind of tests or giveaways that I could do that would indicate if it’s actually Exemestane or not, was hoping someone who’s successfully got some raw powder could steer me in the right direction.

LucyL

I concur but there should always be some pregnenolone/DHEA thrown in as well to make sure exemestane does not affect the allopregnanolone pathway. DHEA alone will not prevent that. I think the pregnenolone/DHEA combo should be a part of any steroid routine and Peat has recommended this to many people who asked him about AAS.
So in women who take exemestane, (for BC), would progesterone/ DHEA be as good?

Einklang

Care to elaborate your stance on this?
Does that come from personal experience?
well, my experience will vary heavily with others, so I don't consent to it being used on a broader scale as to what is to be expected. with a drug like exemestane, there are so many factors to consider and it really could go either way in terms of effects to the individual. I will say, that while on exemestane I noticed heavy androgenic effects, many permanent it seems. before starting exemestane, I put a fair amount of research, most of which is forgotten now but still. if I recall correctly the main metabolite was 15x or so as androgenic as DHT. albeit that metabolite only made up 10-15% of the drug that's just to give you a vague idea. its important to remember the the very mechanism through which aromatase is inhibited is androgenic in nature. I couldn't give you a number, but it is VERY androgenic.

OP
T

TheBeard

well, my experience will vary heavily with others, so I don't consent to it being used on a broader scale as to what is to be expected. with a drug like exemestane, there are so many factors to consider and it really could go either way in terms of effects to the individual. I will say, that while on exemestane I noticed heavy androgenic effects, many permanent it seems. before starting exemestane, I put a fair amount of research, most of which is forgotten now but still. if I recall correctly the main metabolite was 15x or so as androgenic as DHT. albeit that metabolite only made up 10-15% of the drug that's just to give you a vague idea. its important to remember the the very mechanism through which aromatase is inhibited is androgenic in nature. I couldn't give you a number, but it is VERY androgenic.

We all read the ergo log study on bolednone-like metabolites.

What would be interesting rather, is a detail of your experience and what you call "androgenic effects".

Most of us lost body hair and muscle mass while on it, which is far from androgenic.

Einklang

What would be interesting rather, is a detail of your experience and what you call "androgenic effects".

Most of us lost body hair and muscle mass while on it, which is far from androgenic.
a lot, lot of body hair growth in a short period of time. slight penile growth(yes, I'm sure). despite it being long since I had a voice crack my voice started to crack slightly, I was shocked. my voice is marginally deeper now. it was likely I wasn't fully completed with puberty due to a hormonal deficiency that terrorized me two years prior to starting exemestane while I was supposed to be finishing development. this means my effects will vary from someone much younger or older. I noticed no change in muscle mass, if anything an increase due to testosterone. bare in mind what I said previously. with such a drug there are so many things to consider, and it could go so many ways depending on circumstances and individual. with exemestane, or any aromatase inhibitor, there is a big difference between "crashed" and lowered estrogen. some will take a recommended dose and not realize that there is no universal dosage, its too individualized, and end up with a much different change in estrogen than someone else with the same dose. I can confidently link my effects to exemestane, but I wouldn't promise the same for someone else taking the compound.

golder

a lot, lot of body hair growth in a short period of time. slight penile growth(yes, I'm sure). despite it being long since I had a voice crack my voice started to crack slightly, I was shocked. my voice is marginally deeper now. it was likely I wasn't fully completed with puberty due to a hormonal deficiency that terrorized me two years prior to starting exemestane while I was supposed to be finishing development. this means my effects will vary from someone much younger or older. I noticed no change in muscle mass, if anything an increase due to testosterone. bare in mind what I said previously. with such a drug there are so many things to consider, and it could go so many ways depending on circumstances and individual. with exemestane, or any aromatase inhibitor, there is a big difference between "crashed" and lowered estrogen. some will take a recommended dose and not realize that there is no universal dosage, its too individualized, and end up with a much different change in estrogen than someone else with the same dose. I can confidently link my effects to exemestane, but I wouldn't promise the same for someone else taking the compound.
Could you let us know the dosage and duration you used for exemestane? Sounds like you had a very favourable experience with it, thanks.

ddjd

Interesting that most of these people with issues took the Pfizer brand ?

A.R

Any updates on your experiments with Exemestane?
It wasn’t positive at all

My experience using pharma ai’s has not been positive at all. Really damaged my health. I wouldn’t recommend.

Much safer ways such as aspirin/glycine/K2 mk4

ddjd

It wasn’t positive at all

My experience using pharma ai’s has not been positive at all. Really damaged my health. I wouldn’t recommend.

Much safer ways such as aspirin/glycine/K2 mk4
Your teeth?? Interesting. I wonder what would be the mechanism for that. What kind of damage to the teeth?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals