Higher Sodium Diet No Beneficial Effects For Me

Eric Yim

I sweat a lot through exercise but with my water intake pretty high adding extra salt in makes me bloated and too hungry. So, i am ditching the obsession with adding salt. Ig if i eat enough celery and kale everyday i will be fine.

SOMO

I use several tablespoons of salt in my food daily, but I use a blend of electrolytes/salts.

For my body, I haven't noticed salt to help or cause bloating, even when sodium intake is high.

OP
Eric Yim

Eric Yim

I use several tablespoons of salt in my food daily, but I use a blend of electrolytes/salts.

For my body, I haven't noticed salt to help or cause bloating, even when sodium intake is high.
Update
I now just use salt to taste like ray says haha. He is always right (besides not eating a high fiber diet).
I really think a high fiber diet is extremely beneficial at regulation all hormones (yes even testosterone since high test can cause increased aromatisation). It also fills you up more so you dont over eat. Eating a variety of fructans and fermentable/indigestible carbs makes it so that you have a diverse gut microbiome. I saw a video recently on yt about a white dude going to an african hunter and gatherer tribe and partaking in their daily activities and it was mentioned how they average 130g of fiber per day! I have come to believe your body adapts to your fiber intake over time so it begins to not cause any more noticable gas, bloating or indigestion. Fiber is amazing at keeping you regular and intaking the upper limit os better than the lower limit.

Runenight201

@SOMO What blend of electrolytes do you use?

On a whim yesterday I decided to overly salt my dinner with teriyaki sauce and table salt, and I had a very strong calming, warm sensation. I have problems with night wakings to pee and frequent urination during the day, as well as cramping during athletic events in my past, all of which point to an electrolyte, and I'm thinking more specifically sodium imbalance.

I added a teaspoon of baking soda to my OJ this morning and it tasted pretty good and felt good too. I want to up my sodium intake but I'm slightly worried about overdoing it. I figure my cravings/senses will let me know when I've had too much, but for now I think I'm going to put baking soda in all my liquids and heavily salt all my food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals