High Temps And Feeling Well When I Consume Smaller More Frequent Meals

I have noticed in the past few months that I can sustain a temperature of around 99.2 for most of the day when I don’t eat that much. If I eat around 1500 calories for the day spaced out in small meals this is what has been happening lately. When I start the day with a large breakfast or start to get over 2000 calories for the day my temps stay closer to 98.6. Interestingly I am now able to hit 98.6 in the morning without food and simply by drinking some coffee. What does this mean?? I have never been like this before. It feels pretty good too, so I have decided to just eat to appetite now.

Andman

so your temps drop after eating? stress hormones being lowered mayve

sladerunner69

so your temps drop after eating? stress hormones being lowered mayve

Did you read the post? That is exactly NOT what he described...

@Captain_Coconut I think your stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline are being elevated a bit by not eating. This can feel good, I have experienced it. Long term I don't think it is sustainable, however. This is why people feel amazing when they begin lowcarbdiets, as stress hormones increase to compensate for energy. Then after a few months they begin to feel tired and depressed, not to mention the diseases associated with bad things.

Andman

Did you read the post? That is exactly NOT what he described...

@Captain_Coconut I think your stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline are being elevated a bit by not eating. This can feel good, I have experienced it. Long term I don't think it is sustainable, however. This is why people feel amazing when they begin lowcarbdiets, as stress hormones increase to compensate for energy. Then after a few months they begin to feel tired and depressed, not to mention the diseases associated with bad things.

thats what i said brah

Captain_Coconut

I don’t feel stressed though... I used to do intermittent fasting / fasting and my temps would stay around 97.6 until I ate something and I would definitely feel somewhat stressed during the fasting period. It is not that I am depriving myself of calories really. When I wrote 1500 calories for the day, I meant that seems to be the threshold, not that I only eat 1500 calories on that day...

Here is generally what I have been seeing.

High temp day:
Time, Calories in, Temp
9am: 0 : 98.0
10am: 0 : 98.6
11am: 400: 98.6
12am: 100: 99.0
3pm: 400: 99.2
4pm: 100: 99.2
7pm: 400: 99.4
8pm: 100: 99.4
9pm: 100: 98.6 ——— threshold
10pm: 400: 98.6
12pm: 0 : 98.0

High temp morning:
Time, Calories in, Temp
10am: 0 : 98.6
11am: 400: 98.6
12am: 200: 99.0
3pm: 400: 99.2
4pm: 500: 98.6 ——— threshold
7pm: 100: 98.6
10pm: 400: 98.6

Normal temp day:
Time, Calories in, Temp
10am: 0: 98.6
11am: 500: 98.6
12am: 100: 98.6
3pm: 500: 98.6
4pm: 100: 98.6
7pm: 0: 98.6
8pm: 800: 98.6
9pm: 0: 98.6
10pm: 0: 98.6

Last edited:

theLaw

There's a reason why Peat suggests checking both temp and pulse.

Dr. Peat has said somewhere that the benefits of fasting are probably lower endotoxins

I think this is a benefit of eating less.

But it can come with eating the right foods (avoiding starch, undercooked veggies), eating a lot of fruit, and cooked mushrooms etc.

A. squamosa

probs adrenaline, or maybe you've cut out some foods that weren't agreeing with you, but more likely adrenaline (thats why you check pulse at the same time)

And further...endotoxins are misunderstood. In quantities that are high, they cause a fever, chills etc. But in lower and more ordinary (but still harmful) quantities they cause a lowering of temperature.

Captain_Coconut

probs adrenaline, or maybe you've cut out some foods that weren't agreeing with you, but more likely adrenaline (thats why you check pulse at the same time)

Pulse has been the same between days I outlined. Around 65 morning, 75 mid day.

theLaw

Pulse has been the same between days I outlined. Around 65 morning, 75 mid day.

Peat suggests keeping it around 85, so your currently on the low end.

Might be useful to track pulse the same way that you tracked temp.

There are also several variables here (liquids for example) which might account for the disparity in temps.

Captain_Coconut

Peat suggests keeping it around 85, so your currently on the low end.

Might be useful to track pulse the same way that you tracked temp.

There are also several variables here (liquids for example) which might account for the disparity in temps.

I think it is the timing of calories since I have observed and repeated this now about 20 times. Liquid has not made a noticeable difference.

Captain_Coconut

And further...endotoxins are misunderstood. In quantities that are high, they cause a fever, chills etc. But in lower and more ordinary (but still harmful) quantities they cause a lowering of temperature.

Makes sense. Too many calories in one meal has been shown to spike lps levels. Maybe that is what I am seeing this effect from. Less endotoxin / higher metabolism. It corroborates with my experience on lactoferrin.

Makes sense. Too many calories in one meal has been shown to spike lps levels. Maybe that is what I am seeing this effect from. Less endotoxin / higher metabolism. It corroborates with my experience on lactoferrin.

Here is a good study
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0024320500008213

The effects of Escherichia coli O55:B5, O127:B8, and O111:B4 serotypes' lipopolysaccharides (LPS) on body temperature were investigated in rats. LPSs were injected intraperitoneally at doses of 2, 50, and 250 μg/kg. A multiphasic and no-dose dependent increase in rectal temperature was observed in response to E. coli O55:B5 LPS at all doses, and in response to E. coli O127:B8 LPS at 2 and 50 μg/kg doses. The highest dose of the latter caused a dual change in rectal temperature, in which hypothermia preceded fever. E. coli O111:B4 LPS was either pyrogenic or hypothermic at 2 and 250 μg/kg doses; respectively, whereas a dual response was observed when the 50 μg/kg dose was injected. Although dual responses were observed after administration of all LPSs at 50 μg/kg dose when the body temperature was recorded by biotelemetry, the hypothermia induced by E. coli O55:B5 LPS was significantly smaller. These data suggest that LPSs induce dose and serotype-specific variable changes on body temperature in rats. This variability may be related to the structure of LPSs.

And one more interesting study
The Effect of <i>Escherichia coli</i> Endotoxin Infusion on the Ventilatory Response to Hypoxia in Unanesthetized Newborn Piglets

To determine the effects of endotoxemia on the neonatal ventilatory response to hypoxia, 17 chronically instrumented and unanesthetized newborn piglets (≤7 d) were studied before and 30 min after the administration of Escherichia coli O55:B5 endotoxin (n = 8) or normal saline (n = 9). Minute ventilation, oxygen consumption, heart rate, arterial blood pressure, and blood gases were measured during normoxia and 10 min of hypoxia (fraction of inspired oxygen, 0.10). Basal ventilation was not modified by E. coli endotoxin infusion (mean ± SE, 516 ± 49 versus 539 ± 56 mL/min/kg), but the ventilatory response to hypoxia was markedly attenuated at 1 min (955 ± 57 versus 718 ± 97 mL/min/kg, p < 0.002, saline versus endotoxin) and at 10 min (788 ± 51 versus 624 ± 66 mL/min/kg, p < 0.002). A larger decrease in oxygen consumption was observed during hypoxia and endotoxemia (6.3 ± 2.8 versus 18.3 ± 2.7%, p < 0.03, pre-versus post-endotoxin). A significant correlation was demonstrated between the changes in minute ventilation and oxygen consumption with hypoxia during endotoxemia (r = 0.9, p < 0.002). The ventilatory response to hypoxia was not modified by the saline infusion. These data show a significant attenuation in the ventilatory response to hypoxia during E. coliendotoxemia. This decrease in ventilation was associated with a significant decrease in the metabolic rate during hypoxia and endotoxemia.

Captain_Coconut

And one more interesting study
The Effect of <i>Escherichia coli</i> Endotoxin Infusion on the Ventilatory Response to Hypoxia in Unanesthetized Newborn Piglets

To determine the effects of endotoxemia on the neonatal ventilatory response to hypoxia, 17 chronically instrumented and unanesthetized newborn piglets (≤7 d) were studied before and 30 min after the administration of Escherichia coli O55:B5 endotoxin (n = 8) or normal saline (n = 9). Minute ventilation, oxygen consumption, heart rate, arterial blood pressure, and blood gases were measured during normoxia and 10 min of hypoxia (fraction of inspired oxygen, 0.10). Basal ventilation was not modified by E. coli endotoxin infusion (mean ± SE, 516 ± 49 versus 539 ± 56 mL/min/kg), but the ventilatory response to hypoxia was markedly attenuated at 1 min (955 ± 57 versus 718 ± 97 mL/min/kg, p < 0.002, saline versus endotoxin) and at 10 min (788 ± 51 versus 624 ± 66 mL/min/kg, p < 0.002). A larger decrease in oxygen consumption was observed during hypoxia and endotoxemia (6.3 ± 2.8 versus 18.3 ± 2.7%, p < 0.03, pre-versus post-endotoxin). A significant correlation was demonstrated between the changes in minute ventilation and oxygen consumption with hypoxia during endotoxemia (r = 0.9, p < 0.002). The ventilatory response to hypoxia was not modified by the saline infusion. These data show a significant attenuation in the ventilatory response to hypoxia during E. coliendotoxemia. This decrease in ventilation was associated with a significant decrease in the metabolic rate during hypoxia and endotoxemia.

Good stuff! I suppose the immune system adjusts the metabolism depending on which bacteria and how much is present.

endotoxins seem to depress metabolism and temperatures but temperatures and other inflammatory reactions ensue after a bit, with higher dosages.

BearWithMe

Have also expirienced this, but it worked only short term. After two or three weeks of lower caloric intake, my temps dropped and I started to feel awful.