Decoupling With Aspirin, Low Appetite

DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I am definitely on a high dose of aspirin, however I was using aspirin in smaller doses daily for the past couple of years, so perhaps my body has adapted. Like I mentioned before: I try to do the Uncoupling / Decoupling around 3 times a week, on those days I will take 4.5 grams. On other days I tend to take ~2 grams (1 gram upon waking, 1 before bed). I'll have 3 doses throughout the day, along with strong sugared coffee. I take animal aspirin, a scant 1/2 tsp is around 1.5 grams aspirin, I combine in hot water with a 1/2 tsp of baking soda (~3 grams). At night I take glycine. Haven't had any problems with bleeding or easy bruising (I am prone to nosebleeds). I went off aspirin and all supplements for a whole week when I was traveling just recently and was surprised to notice that my body was feeling more pain-free than before I started doing this, so despite not being on anything for pain it seems that some lasting health improvements are being made. My impression is this must be helping me heal, because when I go off the aspirin I do not feel like crap or wish I had more aspirin, in fact I feel better than I used to.
1/2 tsp of aspirin powder usually comes out to 3 grams, and not 1.5 grams. Did you measure it with a scale?

Sheep, Swine: 1 - 3 gm
(Approx. 1/10 to 1/2 teaspoon)
Reference: ASPIRIN POWDER

If you've been taking 1.5 TSP of powder, you've been ingesting ~ 9 grams of aspirin per day, which is close to 1/3 of the LD50 (lethal dose).

OP
Captain_Coconut
The stuff I am taking is from animed, they are large light crystals, not powder, the side of the container explains that 1 tsp = 3.75 grams. If you want the specifics, I take a scant 1/2 tsp, a little over 3/8ths of a tsp. No scale, but it is obviously of lighter density than the baking soda I have right next to it.

DaveFoster

The stuff I am taking is from animed, they are large light crystals, not powder, the side of the container explains that 1 tsp = 3.75 grams. If you want the specifics, I take a scant 1/2 tsp, a little over 3/8ths of a tsp. No scale, but it is obviously of lighter density than the baking soda I have right next to it.
I also use the crystal variety.

You're right. I measured mine, and it's ~1.5 grams per 1/2 TSP. I've been taking 400 mg daily when I thought I took 800 mg due to the given powder measurements with the other product. Thank you!

OP
Captain_Coconut
I also use the crystal variety.

You're right. I measured mine, and it's ~1.5 grams per 1/2 TSP. I've been taking 400 mg daily when I thought I took 800 mg due to the given powder measurements with the other product. Thank you!

HAha, I was starting to envision lots of horses falling over dead all-over the world.

tomisonbottom

If I dose myself every 4 hours with caffeine/aspirin/baking soda (300mg / 1.5g, 3g) I have found success in raising my body temperature to around 99.2 (oral reading) - this I can comfortably sustain for 12 or so hours before I start to get a bit groggy, it feels to be warm and in good spirits but I also worry because I also end up losing my appetite for most of the day and will only feel enough hunger to want to lightly snack around 1200 calories for the day. Through monitoring my temperature the past couple months it has become clear that I am in my most happy state around 99 to 99.4, I have hit this temperature via other means but the aspirin caffeine approach has been the most consistent

Hi there, sounds good for the most part. Are you taking vitamin K as well to go with the aspirin?

What made you try that dose (300mg, 1.5 grams and 3 grams baking soda)?

OP
Captain_Coconut
Yes, super k2 by life extension a few times a week. I’m not sure if I notice an interplay or not. There was one time I got ear ringing and taking a 1/4 tsp glycine cleared it up within an hour.

I picked that dose because after a few tries it was the lowest that seemed to have a lasting / reproducable effect. The baking soda is almost double the amount needed to neutralize the ph but I prefer it because I think getting a little extra akali helps with co2 production. I’ve found the uncoupling effects really only seem to be repeatable with breaks of a day or more in-between.

Hi there, sounds good for the most part. Are you taking vitamin K as well to go with the aspirin?

What made you try that dose (300mg, 1.5 grams and 3 grams baking soda)?

DaveFoster

Do you have any literature on the latter? Or what has Peat said on the issue?
I don't think the studies guaranteed adequate vitamin K2 intake; regardless, I've never come across any studies that did control for high K2 intakes, so the risk's still there.

OP
Captain_Coconut
I don't think the studies guaranteed adequate vitamin K2 intake; regardless, I've never come across any studies that did control for high K2 intakes, so the risk's still there.

I wonder if the studies related to high dose aspirin and g.i. ulceration were using water suspended buffered aspirin, or if they were using plain old tablets. I think one of the points Ray made is if you pre-dissolve the tablets - there is little risk of g.i. irritation. My digestion has been fine doing the high dose aspirin, it seems better than before honestly. Haven't had any ulcer like symptoms e.g. acid reflux, stabbing pains, woozy feeling, bloody stools.

As for a risk of hemorrhagic stroke, my understanding is that is largely connected to having hypertension. I was measuring my blood pressure before starting on this, and was around 120/80, pulse rate around 75; I am doing the decoupling again today, when my temperature peaks around 99.4 I will check my blood pressure and pulse and report back. I have felt warm and calm, not as though I am hypertensive; but it can't hurt to check the levels.

OP
Captain_Coconut
I am doing the decoupling again today, when my temperature peaks around 99.4 I will check my blood pressure and pulse and report back. I have felt warm and calm, not as though I am hypertensive; but it can't hurt to check the levels.

I will have to check again on Friday. Today I did not get over 98.6
I think this must be from me testing these out as well for the first time this morning: 200 mg Niacinamide, 5mg Lithium Aspertate

DaveFoster

I wonder if the studies related to high dose aspirin and g.i. ulceration were using water suspended buffered aspirin, or if they were using plain old tablets. I think one of the points Ray made is if you pre-dissolve the tablets - there is little risk of g.i. irritation. My digestion has been fine doing the high dose aspirin, it seems better than before honestly. Haven't had any ulcer like symptoms e.g. acid reflux, stabbing pains, woozy feeling, bloody stools.

As for a risk of hemorrhagic stroke, my understanding is that is largely connected to having hypertension. I was measuring my blood pressure before starting on this, and was around 120/80, pulse rate around 75; I am doing the decoupling again today, when my temperature peaks around 99.4 I will check my blood pressure and pulse and report back. I have felt warm and calm, not as though I am hypertensive; but it can't hurt to check the levels.
Aspirin can irritate the gastrointestinal (GI) tract with direct contact or cause inflammation of the epithelium (the GI tract lining) through its inhibition of COX-1 and subsequent downregulation of mucin-2. Humans probably develop partial resistance to both, particularly to the downregulation of mucin-2, where aspirin promotes lower levels of circulating LPS and a muffled downstream inflammatory cascade.

Aspirin also antagonizes COX-2, itself responsible for thromboxane-A2 production, where aspirin effectively reduces the frequency of vascular events but can also interfere with "normal" clotting (as referenced with the phrase "thinning the blood") and exaggerates bleeding injuries; however, estrogen also interferes with clotting and tends to weaken the vascular endothelium, a main component of blood vessels that regulates the passage of blood throughout the circulatory system. Clinically, patients stabilized on aspirin for several weeks gain a partial tolerance to the GI side effects, and there's not a frequent occurrence of the dangerous "brain bleeding" phenomenon except in the elderly, where there's often parallel breakdowns in other circulatory regulating systems.

Gastritis (pain on the upper left side of the abdomen), noticeable irritation (as with aching or "burning" at the base of the sternum) offers feedback suggesting an intolerable level of aspirin, as well as the presence of black specks in the stool or tarry stools. Nosebleeds also indicate a vascular rupture, and suggest inadequate clotting (where many find relief from vitamin K2 supplementation.) Some can only tolerate several hundreds of milligrams of aspirin per day or even less.

Last edited:
OP
Captain_Coconut
I just wanted to follow up. Some weeks ago it became apparent that the uncoupling was becoming harder to achieve without increasing my dose to: caffeine/aspirin/baking soda (300mg, 2g, 3g) - even then the effect of high body temp and feeling amazing was not lasting very long - maybe an hour. I must have overdone it - I did not notice any downside, but after doing this for a while I have decided the tolerance building must be a sign that I should not do it more than once a week or so.... I've been on a break for a few weeks to see if the tolerance resets or not....

tara

I just wanted to follow up. Some weeks ago it became apparent that the uncoupling was becoming harder to achieve without increasing my dose to: caffeine/aspirin/baking soda (300mg, 2g, 3g) - even then the effect of high body temp and feeling amazing was not lasting very long - maybe an hour. I must have overdone it - I did not notice any downside, but after doing this for a while I have decided the tolerance building must be a sign that I should not do it more than once a week or so.... I've been on a break for a few weeks to see if the tolerance resets or not....
Maybe your body is smart enough to not allow you to burn yourself out, even if you try to?
I think there are some known adaptive mechanisms for when the body detects that nutritional inputs etc cannot sustainably meet energy demands.
Feeling good does not change the physics of energy conservation, whether one notices or not.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Maybe your body is smart enough to not allow you to burn yourself out, even if you try to?
I think there are some known adaptive mechanisms for when the body detects that nutritional inputs etc cannot sustainably meet energy demands.
Feeling good does not change the physics of energy conservation, whether one notices or not.

Haha, I wouldn't try to burn myself out, but yes some adaptation must have started up to keep me from reaching that point. I would say the month where I had success with this was helpful mentally and physically, I feel it allowed for some healing to take place that would have taken longer otherwise.

tara

I wouldn't try to burn myself out,
What you said in earlier posts suggested that you were taking in a great deal fewer calories than you were expending, and increasing the energy deficit further by uncoupling. This does not appear sustainable to me. Whether you were deliberately trying to burn yourself out or not, it looks to me as though that would be the likely effect of continuing on that path if the body did not adapt to reduce the deficit.

Even if you think you still have some fuel in storage available for burning, it may be that the body perceives the trend differently than your conscious mind and acts accordingly, and there may be other nutrients that have the potential to be depleted too.

Good that you got some benefits from the aspirin.

OP
Captain_Coconut
It was 3 days a week and on the other days I'm sure I made up for the calories I missed. Thankfully every day does not have to meet every single RDA in order to survive! I'm a big believer in listening to your appetite, I've made myself sick before by ignoring it either through over eating or under eating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals