Sick, light-headed, palpitations, especially when eating

Peata

The last several days, I've had a problem with how I feel, especially when I eat. It doesn't matter what I eat, btw. But I get some vertigo, malaise, rapid heartbeat, sometimes chills going down my body, weird sensations in extremities. Again, it doesn't matter what I eat, could be the most Peaty thing and it happens.

These symptoms may all happen at once or occur at different times, but generally I start feeling better after an hour or so. I've been taking ginger when the worst of it hits (I don't know or care if it's not Peaty, it's saved me during all this).

I feel like my thyroid has taken a hit since the pregnenolone on Wed. but I can't be sure because sometimes I have great temps. Last night it was 98.6. In the morning the last couple days, it's been at least 97.5 when I wake up (usually is 97-97.2). Pulse is fine.

Other times I feel chilled. I feel like a bit of fog has settled over my brain. Sometimes hard to focus on detail things. Just don't feel the internal spark very often this last week. Some unusual anxious thoughts have come and gone. I've had some panic attacks but I disarm them ok. Some mood swings.

The worst is during and after eating. It seems like eating changes something in my system to where my thyroid can't keep up with metabolising the food. I'm not sure. A few days ago, this was happening with every meal including the morning coffee. Yesterday it happened with maybe two of the day's meals. Today it was set off by a light breakfast. I'm sipping OJ, trying to be mindful of keeping sugar up.

I'm peeing a lot during the day, not too bad at night...but also having multiple bowel movements, in the morning.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if this had something to do with stopping the Vitex and also Metformin the same week. It doesn't seem like it should. And seems like it was set off the day I took pregnenolone.

I don't know if this is thyroid, estrogen, gallbladder (all related, I know, but which is the main culprit).

I don't want to be doing anything to hurt my health or not doing something I should. Any thoughts?

OP
Peata

Peata

Oh, I decided to start back up on the Metformin. It may have been helping my thyroid. I'd reduced my dosage and then discontinued earlier last week, but I'm going to go back on and see if there's a positive effect.

Mittir

Metformin and Lactic Acidosis

In KMUD "Diabetes and Persorption" interview RP mentioned that metformin lowers
blood sugar by increasing lactic acid production. Before Metformin, they used another
form of this medication that was way more toxic than Metformin.

OP
Peata

Peata

I really haven't had too many problems from Met in all the years I've taken it. Some diarrhea when I first started. I've never had any type of "withdrawal" from going off it before.

OP
Peata

Peata

Wondering if my gallbladder problems have caught back up to me.

OP
Peata

Peata

Nobody has an idea about faster heart rate during/after eating?

OP
Peata

Peata

I just had dinner and no weird feeling in head or palpitations, so that is nice.

I have an appointment in a couple weeks with a doctor I've never been to. I haven't been to any doctor in a couple years. I will see if I can get get some blood work.

Shrimp

Perhaps it could be some sort of weird vasovagal response? I get a similar feeling whenever I see blood and my doc said it was a vasovagal thing. Have you taken your blood pressure when you get those symptoms?

OP
Peata

Peata

Shrimp said:
Perhaps it could be some sort of weird vasovagal response? I get a similar feeling whenever I see blood and my doc said it was a vasovagal thing. Have you taken your blood pressure when you get those symptoms?

Thanks for your reply. No, I don't have a blood pressure monitor. I've taken my pulse at that time and it's usually 96. Today it got to 100.

Adding: Could the symptoms be a drop or a raise in BP with food?

Shrimp

Peata said:
Shrimp said:

Thanks for your reply. No, I don't have a blood pressure monitor. I've taken my pulse at that time and it's usually 96. Today it got to 100.

Adding: Could the symptoms be a drop or a raise in BP with food?
Blood goes to the gut to aid digestion when you eat, which could potentially cause a change in blood pressure and symptoms. That is why I thought it could be a vasovagal response, though I am not sure if that could cause vertigo. Have you tried lying down with your feet up when you have an episode?

OP
Peata

Peata

No, I haven't tried that but I will if I get the symptoms again tomorrow.

Sometimes, the only symptom is the heart rate increases, apart from food. Like every so often it just has to kick in and go for however long.

OP
Peata

Peata

Re: Metformin and Lactic Acidosis

Mittir said:
In KMUD "Diabetes and Persorption" interview RP mentioned that metformin lowers
blood sugar by increasing lactic acid production. Before Metformin, they used another
form of this medication that was way more toxic than Metformin.

I've decided to stay off it and see how it goes. Who needs more lactic acid, right?

Re: Metformin and Lactic Acidosis

If it were me, I would try to fix the blood sugar issues without a prescription...again that's merely my point of view. I had consistently high fasting blood glucose in the past (pre-paleo), it went away when low-carbing. I have not checked mine since starting Peat, I put the glucose monitor away as I did not wish to add another thing to stress about. I have some hallmarks of insulin resistance now (excess weight and acne), which is a bummer.

Do you monitor your blood sugars daily, before and after meals etc?

OP
Peata

Peata

I've done low carb and various woe's over the years. I haven't checked my blood sugar in about one year, because just like you said, I put the glucose monitor away as I did not wish to add another thing to stress about. I've been experiencing some insulin resistance since about the end of January. I've had that a few times in the past too. Once when on SSRI's, and the other times seemed to be linked to a combo of: winter/stress/sendentary/eating too much of something or other.

OP
Peata

Peata

I don't know exactly what happened after taking the pregnenolone, but it's over now. What helped was ginger for nausea and dizziness, progest E, and raising body temps. And of course, just time to let the pregnenolone run its course. That was last Wed. I took it. I read it can stay in your system for 7 - 10 days.

I said before on other threads, but I think it was too much for my system since my thyroid wasn't in top form. I have theories as to what pregnenolone did but I could be totally wrong. But I think it may have increased my metabolism or fired my thyroid up more than it was used to and increased adrenaline. Maybe increased cortisol? I'm guessing, but I really don't know. I'm open to thoughts on it if anyone wants to speculate.

I seem to have come out on the other side of the experience with a little better moods, great sleep, higher temps, better skin.

SQu

That's good to hear. Sounds very similar to the blood sugar issues I have, surprisingly hard to fix, not least because what turns out to bring relief does not necessarily appeal at the time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals