Just Had A Temp Of 100! Meal Frequency Seems To Be Key For Me; What To Do About The Overnight Fast?

Been Peating for a couple of weeks now with some minor improvements here and there. Things really took off for me when I started rigidly eating a good 300 calories of sugar, starch, and protein every 2 hours. Within two days of this I went from temps in the 98's to hitting 100 and seeing HR's in the 80's. I was taking a small dose of T4 which I've now stopped.

Anyway, despite this, my sleep still isn't great and I wake up feeling cold. Usually I'll sleep well the first 3-5 hours or so, and then the remaining 3-4 hours will be restless. Given the above observations my suspicion is that the problem is my body can't go without food for so long, and stress hormones start to go up. Any suggestions here?

On a side note, since dropping the T4 my temps are over 98.6 most of the day but don't really get higher than 98.8. Is this good enough, or should I consider reintroducing a low dose of thyroid hormone? This is roughly where my temps were pre-Peat, on 50ucg T4.

Tarmander

Congrats! With the sleep, make sure you arent sleeping next to a router or a bunch of cell phones. That is an easy check with insomnia that is easily fixable

artlange

On a side note, since dropping the T4 my temps are over 98.6 most of the day but don't really get higher than 98.8. Is this good enough, or should I consider reintroducing a low dose of thyroid hormone? This is roughly where my temps were pre-Peat, on 50ucg T4.
I'd be happy with a peak day temp of 98.6. If I could maintain that temp without any T4 supplement, I'd stop the supplement. To improve my sleep, I'd keep treating my liver well with the proper amount of protein and sugar during the day, and before bed I'd take a glass of milk with sugar, or if that is too much liquid before bed, some honey, and a few drops of T3. If my waking temp was below 97.8 or so, I'd use more blankets, or wear a hat and pj's.

DrJ

Nice work @brigadierbarty! If you are able to keep your temps stable by frequent feedings, but it falls off at night, it's a sign you're not keeping good glycogen stores. You might look at ways to help your liver improve it's glycogen storage. I think the B vitamins are helpful here and, as I recall, taurine can also be helpful in this endeavor, but the dosage seems to be very person-specific and even a little difficult to pin down over time in a single person, so you could start off small and go from there. Otherwise, I think keeping your thyroid function up will also eventually lead to increased glycogen storage, so if you stay consistent with what you've found to work for keeping your temp and pulse up, you'll probably continue to improve on the glycogen-storage front and your sleep should improve.

Energizer

Been Peating for a couple of weeks now with some minor improvements here and there. Things really took off for me when I started rigidly eating a good 300 calories of sugar, starch, and protein every 2 hours. Within two days of this I went from temps in the 98's to hitting 100 and seeing HR's in the 80's. I was taking a small dose of T4 which I've now stopped.

Anyway, despite this, my sleep still isn't great and I wake up feeling cold. Usually I'll sleep well the first 3-5 hours or so, and then the remaining 3-4 hours will be restless. Given the above observations my suspicion is that the problem is my body can't go without food for so long, and stress hormones start to go up. Any suggestions here?

Only you can decide if you feel best with thyroid. For me personally, I had chronic insomnia and constipation, and only when I started taking thyroid did my bowels become more regular, and I found it much easier to sleep through the night without issues. I think for most people with health issues, T4 only can be problematic due to the liver not converting T4 efficiently into the active thyroid hormone. Vitamin A and the B Vitamins are extremely important for maintaining stable blood sugar, allowing the liver to store glycogen efficiently instead of wasting it. Starch can cause blood sugar issues in some because of the endotoxin reaction, if you are eating your starch later in the day, you could try eating it in the morning or afternoon, before you eat the carrot / bamboo shoots / mushrooms so that your intestine is relatively clean before you go to bed. I personally do best without starch, but your mileage may vary. Eating plenty of ice cream before sleep should help keep your stress hormones down during the night.

Last edited:

superhuman

Cool. Its interesting with the meal frequency and seems like it helps with many people. I know RP also says that its good for people that struggles

denise

Whenever you see a forum member say "ice cream", just replace it with "milk and sugar" and it will probably do a better job.
I think it depends on the person. I'd love it if milk+sugar did the same (or better) job as ice cream for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals