High Sedentary Heart Rate and Hot Flashes (Guy)

gaze

why are you using a 1:1 ratio? the body only naturally makes 4:1 or 3:1, and i think Ray reccomends 2:1 for optimal brain performance, but 1:1 is pretty extreme.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

why are you using a 1:1 ratio? the body only naturally makes 4:1 or 3:1, and i think Ray reccomends 2:1 for optimal brain performance, but 1:1 is pretty extreme.
Good point. I think I stuck with that because when I first started using T3 only, like 12-15 mcg, it lowered my adrenaline a lot. Then when I increased the tyromax dosage to the point of exceeding a 1:1 ratio, the hot flashes and adrenaline got worse.

However, going back to T3 only after that did not stop the adrenaline, as it had earlier.

Still, some people report great results from T3 only don’t they?

Do you think it’s possible that T3 only worked better for me in the short term, but then after a few weeks of thyroid, my body starts preferring a ratio closer to you describe, more T4? Like it only needed the T3- only as a sort of jumpstart?

Hmm, I wonder if lowering the T3 (and therefore increasing T4:T3 ratio) might help...

I should also mention that even on this thyroid dose, on occasional random days I’ll have a very chill and stable heart rate. Still can’t replicate that consistently though.

Last edited:

gaze

Good point. I think I stuck with that because when I first started using T3 only, like 12-15 mcg, it lowered my adrenaline a lot. Then when I increased the tyromax dosage to the point of exceeding a 1:1 ratio, the hot flashes and adrenaline got worse.

However, going back to T3 only after that did not stop the adrenaline, as it had earlier.

Still, some people report great results from T3 only don’t they?

Do you think it’s possible that T3 only worked better for me in the short term, but then after a few weeks of thyroid, my body starts preferring a ratio closer to you describe, more T4? Like it only needed the T3- only as a sort of jumpstart?

Hmm, I wonder if lowering the T3 (and therefore increasing T4:T3 ratio) might help...

I should also mention that even on this thyroid dose, on occasional random days I’ll have a very chill and stable heart rate. Still can’t replicate that consistently though.
have you checked your tsh, t4, and t3 blood levels? if not i would highly reccomend it. anytime T3 is involved it's hard to get things fixed without knowing where your starting from unless your a pro like peat. also too much t3 from diet and calories cause you start getting confused as to what's causing what.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

have you checked your tsh, t4, and t3 blood levels? if not i would highly reccomend it. anytime T3 is involved it's hard to get things fixed without knowing where your starting from unless your a pro like peat. also too much t3 from diet and calories cause you start getting confused as to what's causing what.
Thanks. I haven’t checked T3 or T4, but my TSH used to be decent, 1.3... My cholesterol was 206 before I started thyroid. I should get those tested.

Last edited:
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Hey @gaze and others, I got my bloodwork back and wanted to post it here, to see if anyone noticed anything concerning.

Blood Numbers in October 2020 (before taking any thyroid):
Total Cholesterol: 206 (Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 97 (Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 58 (Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 129 (Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 1.32 (Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 106 (Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)

Blood Numbers April 17, 2021 (taking 6-7 drops Tyromax plus 20 mcg cynomel, neither dosed prior to taking the test that day)
Total Cholesterol: 184 (dropped 22, Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 92 (dropped 5, Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 40 (dropped 18, Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 126 (dropped 3, Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 0.08 (dropped 1.24, Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 103 (dropped 3, Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)
My T4 is on the low end of normal.

Most notably, my total cholesterol dropped from 206 to 184 and my TSH dropped from 1.33 to 0.08. Is it dangerous to have a TSH this low? The cholesterol seems good.

I’d also like to mention that since supplementing thyroid, my tachycardia is a little bit better than it was before I started thyroid. The hot flashes have not improved, but have not worsened. Morning panic attacks reduced as well.

gaze

Hey @gaze and others, I got my bloodwork back and wanted to post it here, to see if anyone noticed anything concerning.

Blood Numbers in October 2020 (before taking any thyroid):
Total Cholesterol: 206 (Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 97 (Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 58 (Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 129 (Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 1.32 (Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 106 (Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)

Blood Numbers April 17, 2021 (taking 6-7 drops Tyromax plus 20 mcg cynomel, neither dosed prior to taking the test that day)
Total Cholesterol: 184 (dropped 22, Standard Range <200 mg/dL)
Triglyceride: 92 (dropped 5, Standard Range <150 mg/dL)
HDL Cholesterol: 40 (dropped 18, Standard Range >40 mg/dL)
LDL Cholesterol: 126 (dropped 3, Standard Range<130 mg/dL)
TSH: 0.08 (dropped 1.24, Standard Range 0.34 - 4.82 uIU/mL)
Glucose: 103 (dropped 3, Standard Range 70 - 100 mg/dL)
My T4 is on the low end of normal.

Most notably, my total cholesterol dropped from 206 to 184 and my TSH dropped from 1.33 to 0.08. Is it dangerous to have a TSH this low? The cholesterol seems good.

I’d also like to mention that since supplementing thyroid, my tachycardia is a little bit better than it was before I started thyroid. The hot flashes have not improved, but have not worsened. Morning panic attacks reduced as well.
are these on a 1:1 ratio of T4 to T3? the tsh that low is not dangerous, but too much T3 theoretically could be for other reasons. I personally would;n't go under a 2:1 ratio of T4 to T3 and even that is on the higher end of stimulation. I personally think finding a non irritating diet combined with perspective changes and vitamin D and salt should be attempted for months before going heavy on thyroid, I think focusing too much on a thyroid supplement takes away from other things. thats why NDT is so conveneint, you can just take half a grain a day for weeks, and then bump it up slowly, and you can take it once a day and be done with it. A lot of people have trouble finding a perfect cytomel and cynoplus dosage.

Last edited:
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

is that fasting glucose
Yes, fasting. I’d definitely like to get it lower, because my insulin resistance certainly causes some of my problems. I think a year of carnivore dug me a hole there. Any ideas about lowering it? I remember before what you said about avoiding sedentaryism.

are these on a 1:1 ratio of T4 to T3? the tsh that low is not dangerous, but too much T3 theoretically could be for other reasons. I personally would;n't go under a 2:1 ratio of T4 to T3 and even that is on the higher end of stimulation. I personally think finding a non irritating diet combined with perspective changes and vitamin D and salt should be attempted for months before going heavy on thyroid, I think focusing too much on a thyroid supplement takes away from other things. thats why NDT is so conveneint, you can just take half a grain a day for weeks, and then bump it up slowly, and you can take it once a day and be done with it. A lot of people have trouble finding a perfect cytomel and cynoplus dosage.

After your recent comments about 1:1, I took this into account and lowered the T3:T4 ratio a bit. After a few days of NDT without any T3, I get high adrenaline, but just a little bit of T3 here and there helps keep the adrenaline at bay. For the past few days I’ve been taking 6 drops NDT and maybe 7.5 mcg of T3, so closer to a 2.5:1 ratio, and that’s been fine.

Over summer, I took no thyroid and got high temps—even higher than I have now, on thyroid. But then my temps lowered in October or November, and I did try for months to increase them, to no avail. I started developing this morning anxiety, afternoon anxiety and temperature dip. Thyroid has helped these things, but I think they’re blood sugar related, potentially more related to FFA and insulin resistance than to thyroid function directly. However, none of the usual FFA lowering things (pyrucet, aspirin, B3) seem to help. I’d like to lower my fasting blood glucose. Recently I switched to focusing on balanced meals without snacking in between, and less liquids. That seems to be helping a bit.

Mauritio

Hey everyone, I have noticed an odd phenomenon happening recently. At night, my heart rate will dip pretty low (down to 54 or so), and when I sit down to initially eat breakfast, it will be at 75. Shortly after breakfast, my temperature will reach 98.3, its daily peak.

However, as soon as I finish my first meal of the day (fruit, meat, milk, some OJ), my heart rate will reach the 90's and rise from there throughout the afternoon. As I sit here typing this in the afternoon, my sedentary heart rate is at 112. This often accompanies hot flashes (despite the fact that I am a guy) and a rapid reduction in temperature, down into the mid-to-low-97s. Frequent eating of fruit and orange juice don't seem to help. Perhaps I'm eating too much protein? Too little calories? What can I do to bring my heart rate down to the 80s throughout the day? My abdominal fat is rapidly increasing, indicating some sort of cortisol and/or blood sugar issue I think. I also do not tolerate thyroid well because it exacerbates my high heart rate and low temperatures that accompany overheating.

Typically, my meals look like this:

-bowl of fruit (mango, grapes)
-cup of OJ
-cup of milk
-3-4 OZ of meat

I typically consume about 3500-4000 calories a day.

Higher liquids seem to make it worse, as they cause me to pee a lot. I've tried without the meat, and this seems to lower my temperatures more

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it's high adrenaline triggered by a gut problem . I've had the same .

gaze

Yes, fasting. I’d definitely like to get it lower, because my insulin resistance certainly causes some of my problems. I think a year of carnivore dug me a hole there. Any ideas about lowering it? I remember before what you said about avoiding sedentaryism.

After your recent comments about 1:1, I took this into account and lowered the T3:T4 ratio a bit. After a few days of NDT without any T3, I get high adrenaline, but just a little bit of T3 here and there helps keep the adrenaline at bay. For the past few days I’ve been taking 6 drops NDT and maybe 7.5 mcg of T3, so closer to a 2.5:1 ratio, and that’s been fine.

Over summer, I took no thyroid and got high temps—even higher than I have now, on thyroid. But then my temps lowered in October or November, and I did try for months to increase them, to no avail. I started developing this morning anxiety, afternoon anxiety and temperature dip. Thyroid has helped these things, but I think they’re blood sugar related, potentially more related to FFA and insulin resistance than to thyroid function directly. However, none of the usual FFA lowering things (pyrucet, aspirin, B3) seem to help. I’d like to lower my fasting blood glucose. Recently I switched to focusing on balanced meals without snacking in between, and less liquids. That seems to be helping a bit.
interesting. just as a clarification, i do not reccomend cutting t3 cold turkey or something, i do think slowly fixing the dosage is a good thing. if you just quit cold turkey you'd be in for a rough couple days until your body re balances out

Mauritio

Interesting, definitely could be. Did you manage to solve it for yourself?
I can tell you some stuff that helped. Caprylic acid and really high salt intake.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

interesting. just as a clarification, i do not reccomend cutting t3 cold turkey or something, i do think slowly fixing the dosage is a good thing. if you just quit cold turkey you'd be in for a rough couple days until your body re balances out
Totally. I shared your concerns about T3 and never saw it as a long term solution because it’s tricky to take it every few hours consistently, and I didn’t want to do that for years. I was hoping it would eventuallly help me tolerate the NDT without any T3, but that hasn’t happened yet. I actually felt good for two days when I stopped the T3 cold turkey.

I can tell you some stuff that helped. Caprylic acid and really high salt intake.
Thank you. What foods do you like to salt the most? Did you just start salting the crap out of your foods?

Mauritio

Totally. I shared your concerns about T3 and never saw it as a long term solution because it’s tricky to take it every few hours consistently, and I didn’t want to do that for years. I was hoping it would eventuallly help me tolerate the NDT without any T3, but that hasn’t happened yet. I actually felt good for two days when I stopped the T3 cold turkey.

Thank you. What foods do you like to salt the most? Did you just start salting the crap out of your foods?
No I literally put a good amount of it in my mouth and flush it down with water . That's the easiest way .

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I recently got more lab results back, and my testosterone is super high, just like it was months ago — 1150 Ng/DL, while the reference range tops at 871...

Despite this high T, I have gynecomastia, these hot flashes, and never have morning it’s nocturnal erections.

Any insights, or what might be causing the high T?

Mauritio

I recently got more lab results back, and my testosterone is super high, just like it was months ago — 1150 Ng/DL, while the reference range tops at 871...

Despite this high T, I have gynecomastia, these hot flashes, and never have morning it’s nocturnal erections.

Any insights, or what might be causing the high T?
Same cause as before imo. Have you tried caprylic acid and high salt ?

Nomane Euger

I

Nomane Euger

Mauritio

Wich cause do you suspect?
It seems like typical signs of a gut infection with subsequent liver problems and high adrenaline . But the gut problem beeing the root of it all.

Nomane Euger

It seems like typical signs of a gut infection with subsequent liver problems and high adrenaline . But the gut problem beeing the root of it all.
Doesnt goat cheese contain caprylic acid,is there any significant amount of it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals