High Sedentary Heart Rate and Hot Flashes (Guy)

Mauritio

Thanks man. Looking back on my experience, from that list milk seems most likely. I improved a ton in June, and at the time I consumed lots of coffee and gelatin. Then, when I added milk in, about a month later things started to creep downhill. It definitely could be coffee and gelatin too, but I will eliminate milk first and see how that goes.
Yeah than its probably milk .
I can tolerate ice cream , cheese, yogurt etc.
But still no milk for whatever reason .
Especially the ice cream thing surprises me as the main ingredient is simply milk . I've asked peat about it. But he just asked if I tried adding sugar to the milk .

Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer, for this suggestion. I think I will do exactly that -- replicate my diet from when I felt great over summer, dairy free, and see how it goes. I'll go two weeks with just those foods you name (minus the calcium) to see how I do digestively, and if things improve, I will gradually add things back in, with one of the first being eggshell calcium.

The coating on my tongue, my stomach feelings, my HRV, and my hot flashes were all about the same, on low fat goat milk, as they were with full fat raw. If anything, transitioning to raw reduced my tachycardia a bit. At first I thought the added synthetic vitamins might be the problem, which might be true, but I still had all my worst symptoms with both milks. Another possibility for success could be raw goat milk with the fat skimmed off -- I have yet to try this.

You’re welcome! :) That sounds like a good plan. I had a few false starts with dairy before eliminating the SIBO and would always go back to my safe diet (shellfish, fruit and coconut fat) for relief. Hopefully, you start feeling as good as you did last summer. Fingers crossed!

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I and my son have histamine issues and they don't resolve that quickly if you have histamine intolerance.

Hey Rinse, I wanted to reply to your histamine comment on this thread, because it seems more relevant to the hot flashes. I'd love to ask a few questions about you and your son's histamine issues.

What are the major histamine symptoms for you and him?

What are the biggest trigger foods and safe foods for managing it?

Thanks.

Hey Rinse, I wanted to reply to your histamine comment on this thread, because it seems more relevant to the hot flashes. I'd love to ask a few questions about you and your son's histamine issues.

What are the major histamine symptoms for you and him?

What are the biggest trigger foods and safe foods for managing it?

Thanks.
I am so happy to help Vileplume! I have dealt with everything from rashes, angioedema (tongue swelling out of my mouth), heart palpitations and arrhythmias, sleep problems, and my son eczema and anaphylaxis and neither of us are allergic to anything. Once I learned it is a build up of histamines it made it easier to manage and less scary. After 7 years of dealing with it I finally figured out it is flouride my body doesn't like. So toothpaste is gone and I use flouride free water and ice now. For me it a build up of histamines and now that flouride is gone my invisible histamine bucket doesn"t spill over anymore and cause symptoms. Foods that are high in histamines are aged or fermented foods including aged meats, like almost all beef (especially ground meats), sauerkraut, yogurt, cheeses, citrus, avocados, shellfish, smoked things and more. You really should do some food logging and see if your hot flashes are connected. When hot flashes come on it will be shortly after eating something. I was texting back and and forth on this site a couple of months ago with someone who was having issues everytime he ate a burger. I told him to take an anti-histamine before eating his next burger and see if he still got a reaction and he didn't get one. He and his doctor thought he might have lupus, but now he knows he doesn't and ot just a histamine issue.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I am so happy to help Vileplume! I have dealt with everything from rashes, angioedema (tongue swelling out of my mouth), heart palpitations and arrhythmias, sleep problems, and my son eczema and anaphylaxis and neither of us are allergic to anything. Once I learned it is a build up of histamines it made it easier to manage and less scary. After 7 years of dealing with it I finally figured out it is flouride my body doesn't like. So toothpaste is gone and I use flouride free water and ice now. For me it a build up of histamines and now that flouride is gone my invisible histamine bucket doesn"t spill over anymore and cause symptoms. Foods that are high in histamines are aged or fermented foods including aged meats, like almost all beef (especially ground meats), sauerkraut, yogurt, cheeses, citrus, avocados, shellfish, smoked things and more. You really should do some food logging and see if your hot flashes are connected. When hot flashes come on it will be shortly after eating something. I was texting back and and forth on this site a couple of months ago with someone who was having issues everytime he ate a burger. I told him to take an anti-histamine before eating his next burger and see if he still got a reaction and he didn't get one. He and his doctor thought he might have lupus, but now he knows he doesn't and ot just a histamine issue.
Interesting — my hot flashes pretty much always come from eating and the hours after. I never get them in bed, or in the morning.

I have pretty scrupulously kept track of the foods I eat, and which meals trigger hot flashes, but I didn’t know fluoride could be a trigger. Here are some meals that seem to trigger hot flashes:
-meat (ground or otherwise)
-gelatin
-canned foods
-oxtail stew (stewed overnight—especially bad)
-cooked fruits
-coffee, made with tap water
-my NDT supplement (but I hope it’s not this because it has fixed other problems)

Interesting — my hot flashes pretty much always come from eating and the hours after. I never get them in bed, or in the morning.

I have pretty scrupulously kept track of the foods I eat, and which meals trigger hot flashes, but I didn’t know fluoride could be a trigger. Here are some meals that seem to trigger hot flashes:
-meat (ground or otherwise)
-gelatin
-canned foods
-oxtail stew (stewed overnight—especially bad)
-cooked fruits
-coffee, made with tap water
-my NDT supplement (but I hope it’s not this because it has fixed other problems)
I don't know about the last one, but everything else you listed would have given me a histamine issue when my bucket was full. I still can't do powdered gelatin so I make ownbunder 5 hours for beef and 3 hours for chicken bone broths. I think you are going to the bottom of it. Try a Claratin and eat those foods and see if you still get flushed. If your reaction feels improved then you will know for sure.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

@Vileplume In researching some issues I've encountered the past weeks, I came across serotonin syndrome, and wonder if tachycardia and hot flashes you're experiencing has anything to do with high serotonin.

Serotonin syndrome may include the following combination of signs and symptoms: autonomic instability (e.g., tachycardia, labile blood pressure, dizziness, diaphoresis, flushing, and hyperthermia), neuromuscular symptoms (e.g., tremor, rigidity, myoclonus, hyperreflexia, and incoordination), mental status changes (e.g., agitation, hallucinations, delirium, and coma), seizures, and/or gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea). Monitor all drug recipients for symptoms of serotonin syndrome. If symptoms occur, discontinue methylene blue and begin supportive treatment.

Not sure if it's helpful, but just want to throw this in.

Hey yerrag, I wanted to reply over here because your comment might help future hot flashers. Thank you for sharing it. When I search "causes of serotonin syndrome" on google, websites seem to mostly suggest that the high levels of serotonin come from medications. Do you think an inflammatory diet could also increase serotonin enough to cause serotonin syndrome?

I'm sure serotonin does play a role in the hot flashes, but probably along with other inflammatory compounds like estrogen, histamine, and nitric oxide. I believe that the center to the problem resides in the gut, which has always rooted my problems.

yerrag

Hey yerrag, I wanted to reply over here because your comment might help future hot flashers. Thank you for sharing it. When I search "causes of serotonin syndrome" on google, websites seem to mostly suggest that the high levels of serotonin come from medications. Do you think an inflammatory diet could also increase serotonin enough to cause serotonin syndrome?

I'm sure serotonin does play a role in the hot flashes, but probably along with other inflammatory compounds like estrogen, histamine, and nitric oxide. I believe that the center to the problem resides in the gut, which has always rooted my problems.
I am no expert on the gut as I believe to be an expert on something, the struggle and the experience of overcoming the ogre is needed. A vicarious experience is not as instructive enough, even though I believe in the wisdom of the tao. That said, the gut is the main source of serotonin, as Ray has said. The serotonin comes from the bacteria in the gut. So there will always be serotonin produced in the gut, as microbes are needed there. But excess isn't good, even if the microbiome is balanced. And even worse, when there is imbalance.

A lot of factors come into play. It's said that being born naturally allows a gut-based microbiome to be passed on from mother to child, assuming the mother has a balanced gut microbiome. And some people have less histamine issues when they have helminths in their gut (I suspect the immune reaction to helminthic parasites use up a lot of histamine for diapedesis, leaving less histamine to trigger allergy. I recently began to sneeze more when I noticed I have less monocytes in my CBC blood test. I think it's because there is less need to dilate my endothelial linings to allow entry of monocytes into my blood vessel media space, and so that frees up more histamine to allow me to sneeze more). And then there's the effect of antibiotic use which could change the balance when more of a certain bacteria species is killed, giving the advantage to an opposing species, and the opposing species become more dominant. But I think this is less of a problem when the bacteria is helped by biofilm disruptors, which allow the antibiotic a better chance of killing anaerobic bacteria, especially facultative anaerobic bacteria (bacteria that can survive in both aerobic and anaerobic environments). And then there's the practice of eating a lot of soluble fibers, which allows more bacteria a conducive substrate to multiply. It gets worse when there is poor transit time, arising from poor peristalsis from having low magnesium stores as well as low energy from poor sugar metabolism. This can be caused by low thyroid. Poor sugar metabolism can also cause the lack of carbonic acid needed to form hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which acid from aiding digestion, also kills microbes and keeps foreign microbes from getting into the gut.

So, excess serotonin can very well affect the autonomic nervous system, and in turn, affect the heart rate and the regulation of temperature. Ironically, many people have been used to tying the intake of soluble fiber to having good transit times. As this practice leads to high serotonin in the gut, and high serotonin can aid in bowel movement. The bowel is very mushy and smelly, as there's plenty of bacteria in it, together with its putrefactive products from anaerobic putrefaction and there is a lot of water in the stool because less water is absorbed by the gut walls because it is dirty- more bacteria and LPS in it.

Although you can lessen serotonin by the use of negative ion generators or by living near the sea, where the negative ions destroy the serotonin in the lungs, or by taking drugs to lessen serotonin, it is better to work on the gut to reduce the serotonin production - as that is the main source of serotonin.

The side effect of reducing serotonin could be constipation - when you have low magnesium stores. So, it's also good that as you work on lowering gut serotonin, you work on increasing magnesium stores. I did that by taking 800mg of elemental magnesium daily for a year. ff you're not sure of your acid base balance condition, then take neutral magnesium salts such such as mag oxide or mag carbonate or its chelates. although chelates are much more expensive. I made the mistake of being on mag bicarb, even though I didn't need it because my acid base optimal was already in optimal range mostly. So I ended up being alkaline and had to suffer through a spell of excessive urination.

equipoise

I am no expert on the gut as I believe to be an expert on something, the struggle and the experience of overcoming the ogre is needed. A vicarious experience is not as instructive enough, even though I believe in the wisdom of the tao. That said, the gut is the main source of serotonin, as Ray has said. The serotonin comes from the bacteria in the gut. So there will always be serotonin produced in the gut, as microbes are needed there. But excess isn't good, even if the microbiome is balanced. And even worse, when there is imbalance.

A lot of factors come into play. It's said that being born naturally allows a gut-based microbiome to be passed on from mother to child, assuming the mother has a balanced gut microbiome. And some people have less histamine issues when they have helminths in their gut (I suspect the immune reaction to helminthic parasites use up a lot of histamine for diapedesis, leaving less histamine to trigger allergy. I recently began to sneeze more when I noticed I have less monocytes in my CBC blood test. I think it's because there is less need to dilate my endothelial linings to allow entry of monocytes into my blood vessel media space, and so that frees up more histamine to allow me to sneeze more). And then there's the effect of antibiotic use which could change the balance when more of a certain bacteria species is killed, giving the advantage to an opposing species, and the opposing species become more dominant. But I think this is less of a problem when the bacteria is helped by biofilm disruptors, which allow the antibiotic a better chance of killing anaerobic bacteria, especially facultative anaerobic bacteria (bacteria that can survive in both aerobic and anaerobic environments). And then there's the practice of eating a lot of soluble fibers, which allows more bacteria a conducive substrate to multiply. It gets worse when there is poor transit time, arising from poor peristalsis from having low magnesium stores as well as low energy from poor sugar metabolism. This can be caused by low thyroid. Poor sugar metabolism can also cause the lack of carbonic acid needed to form hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which acid from aiding digestion, also kills microbes and keeps foreign microbes from getting into the gut.

So, excess serotonin can very well affect the autonomic nervous system, and in turn, affect the heart rate and the regulation of temperature. Ironically, many people have been used to tying the intake of soluble fiber to having good transit times. As this practice leads to high serotonin in the gut, and high serotonin can aid in bowel movement. The bowel is very mushy and smelly, as there's plenty of bacteria in it, together with its putrefactive products from anaerobic putrefaction and there is a lot of water in the stool because less water is absorbed by the gut walls because it is dirty- more bacteria and LPS in it.

Although you can lessen serotonin by the use of negative ion generators or by living near the sea, where the negative ions destroy the serotonin in the lungs, or by taking drugs to lessen serotonin, it is better to work on the gut to reduce the serotonin production - as that is the main source of serotonin.

The side effect of reducing serotonin could be constipation - when you have low magnesium stores. So, it's also good that as you work on lowering gut serotonin, you work on increasing magnesium stores. I did that by taking 800mg of elemental magnesium daily for a year. ff you're not sure of your acid base balance condition, then take neutral magnesium salts such such as mag oxide or mag carbonate or its chelates. although chelates are much more expensive. I made the mistake of being on mag bicarb, even though I didn't need it because my acid base optimal was already in optimal range mostly. So I ended up being alkaline and had to suffer through a spell of excessive urination.
Great post. I can't handle anti-serotonin drugs or dopamine agonists if my gut health is not tip top. I tend to get constipated. Proper gut health and anti serotonin is very very dopaminergic and akin to good coke

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I agree with equipoise, great post Yerrag. I always learn a lot from your posts. You have a skill for being metabolic processes to life and making them accessible through your explanations.

It’s true that when I get my serotonin and bloating in check, constipation usually follows. Previously I’ve taken this constipation as a bad sign, but as you suggest, this constipation might actually be a sign of progress. I’m actually experiencing this right now, with an emphasis on easily digestible foods (mostly raw goat milk), so I’ll be sure to prioritize magnesium as well. I’ve always used bicarbonate, because I’ve never noticed any negative effects from it and because it has zero excipients— just magnesium hydroxide and carbonated water, no silica or capsule or any other stuff.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Several days ago, I needed to go on a long car ride and left early in the morning, with just a jug of goat milk, coffee, and sugar. It was probably about a quart of milk, 1-2 tbsp sugar, another quart of coffee.

The entire car ride I felt amazing, energized, clear-headed, and my heart rate stayed around 70. No hot flashes or tachycardia, no bloating, no gas or burps.

Since then, I’ve started everyday similarly — raw goat milk, coffee, sugar. Each of these mornings, I’ve experienced the same benefits. I’ve even since upped my thyroid dose, which normally would cause high HR, and it’s only helped me feel better.

My conclusion here echoes what several have said already: it’s a gut issue, and I digest raw goat milk and coffee really well. The same goes for orange juice — it reliably chills out my HR, prevents hot flashes. So I got goat milk, sugar, coffee, OJ. Great. Eggs seem to work too, as do carrots and mushrooms.

However, it seems like certain soluble fibers raise my heart rate by upsetting my stomach, even subtle upset. Certain proteins do it too. The effect happens within minutes of eating trouble foods: berries (especially stewed), grapes, papaya, gelatin, masa tortillas, oxtail stew, meat.

Perhaps not just gut upset, but histamine and problematic amino acids might irritate the problem through increased serotonin. For now, I’m gonna feature mostly the formerly listed beneficial foods, and keep the latter tachycardia-inducing foods to a minimum, while keeping my thyroid dose up and getting plenty of sunlight n coffee to help my body evaporate the high liquid content.

yerrag

I agree with equipoise, great post Yerrag. I always learn a lot from your posts. You have a skill for being metabolic processes to life and making them accessible through your explanations.

It’s true that when I get my serotonin and bloating in check, constipation usually follows. Previously I’ve taken this constipation as a bad sign, but as you suggest, this constipation might actually be a sign of progress. I’m actually experiencing this right now, with an emphasis on easily digestible foods (mostly raw goat milk), so I’ll be sure to prioritize magnesium as well. I’ve always used bicarbonate, because I’ve never noticed any negative effects from it and because it has zero excipients— just magnesium hydroxide and carbonated water, no silica or capsule or any other stuff.
Glad you're gaining a better understanding of your system and I'm able to help towards that.

Jennifer

Several days ago, I needed to go on a long car ride and left early in the morning, with just a jug of goat milk, coffee, and sugar. It was probably about a quart of milk, 1-2 tbsp sugar, another quart of coffee.

The entire car ride I felt amazing, energized, clear-headed, and my heart rate stayed around 70. No hot flashes or tachycardia, no bloating, no gas or burps.

Since then, I’ve started everyday similarly — raw goat milk, coffee, sugar. Each of these mornings, I’ve experienced the same benefits. I’ve even since upped my thyroid dose, which normally would cause high HR, and it’s only helped me feel better.

This is so good to read, Tyler! I’m really happy for you! It’s interesting to see your reactions to certain foods and fibers are similar to mine. May I ask, is your coffee caffeinated and if so, did you have to work your way up to a quart or were you handling it fine from the get-go? I bought a bag of caffeinated coffee on Monday to try, now that I’m no longer dealing with the hypoglycemia. Also, do you like and tolerate soda? I had a natural soda last week during the heat wave we were having and it was so refreshing, I’ve been making my own since by adding simple syrup (fruit juice and cane sugar) to a mineral rich, sparkling water (Gerolsteiner). I just thought I’d mention it since you’re tolerating juice and sugar.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

This is so good to read, Tyler! I’m really happy for you! It’s interesting to see your reactions to certain foods and fibers are similar to mine. May I ask, is your coffee caffeinated and if so, did you have to work your way up to a quart or were you handling it fine from the get-go? I bought a bag of caffeinated coffee on Monday to try, now that I’m no longer dealing with the hypoglycemia. Also, do you like and tolerate soda? I had a natural soda last week during the heat wave we were having and it was so refreshing, I’ve been making my own since by adding simple syrup (fruit juice and cane sugar) to a mineral rich, sparkling water (Gerolsteiner). I just thought I’d mention it since you’re tolerating juice and sugar.
Thanks, Jennifer! It helps to have a fallback staple that I can return to when things fall apart — even if my fallback is just milk, I can use that to start each day with a reset, which provides relief.

It’s exciting to hear that you’re experimenting with coffee! Yes, I drink it caffeinated, and yes I did handle it fine from the get-go. When I was carnivore and keto, a cup of coffee would give me major adrenaline, due to the blood sugar, but when I started feeling more stable with fruit, I quickly tolerated coffee very well. At first I started with one cup, but within a few days I had gotten up to three. Nowadays, I can even have up to five or six strong cups and I notice no ill effects—just increased mental energy. Let me know how it goes with trying coffee!

Homemade soda sounds so good! I’ll give it a shot because I have carbonated water on hand, and I love soda—Mexican coke and real-sugar sodas always sound so good after a day at work. I’m still working on increasing my non-milk liquids without breaking the dam and causing frequent urination. My plan is to slowly increase thyroid as my pulse/temp allow, and hopefully this allows me to drink more juice and fruity liquids, because they upset my stomach much less than whole fruit.

Jennifer

Thanks, Jennifer! It helps to have a fallback staple that I can return to when things fall apart — even if my fallback is just milk, I can use that to start each day with a reset, which provides relief.

It’s exciting to hear that you’re experimenting with coffee! Yes, I drink it caffeinated, and yes I did handle it fine from the get-go. When I was carnivore and keto, a cup of coffee would give me major adrenaline, due to the blood sugar, but when I started feeling more stable with fruit, I quickly tolerated coffee very well. At first I started with one cup, but within a few days I had gotten up to three. Nowadays, I can even have up to five or six strong cups and I notice no ill effects—just increased mental energy. Let me know how it goes with trying coffee!

Homemade soda sounds so good! I’ll give it a shot because I have carbonated water on hand, and I love soda—Mexican coke and real-sugar sodas always sound so good after a day at work. I’m still working on increasing my non-milk liquids without breaking the dam and causing frequent urination. My plan is to slowly increase thyroid as my pulse/temp allow, and hopefully this allows me to drink more juice and fruity liquids, because they upset my stomach much less than whole fruit.

That’s exactly how I feel. Having milk as a fallback staple has given me peace of mind and if ever my gut gets all wonky on me from stress or testing out a new food, a day or two of just milk reliably resets my digestion.

Thank you for explaining! I tried coffee this morning. Every morning I have some gouda and a liter of goat’s milk sweetened with honey so I added the coffee to it and to be on the safe side, I also had a Maine Root’s blueberry soda and to my surprise, not only did I not get the jitters, I noticed my body was completely free of pain about an hour later. The only other thing I’ve found to do that is Progest-E, but it does funky things to me so I’m psyched to find an alternative. I prefer black and white tea to coffee so I’m going to see if they have the same pain relieving effect. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience with me. I really appreciate it!

Oh, good! I hope the soda works out well for you. I think your plan of slowly increasing thyroid is a sound one. Do you usually have something salty with your liquids? I noticed that by having some salty cheese or eggs with my meals, I can go hours without needing to pee, except when I have watermelon juice—there’s nothing that prevents WJ from having a diuretic effect on me. lol

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

That’s exactly how I feel. Having milk as a fallback staple has given me peace of mind and if ever my gut gets all wonky on me from stress or testing out a new food, a day or two of just milk reliably resets my digestion.

Thank you for explaining! I tried coffee this morning. Every morning I have some gouda and a liter of goat’s milk sweetened with honey so I added the coffee to it and to be on the safe side, I also had a Maine Root’s blueberry soda and to my surprise, not only did I not get the jitters, I noticed my body was completely free of pain about an hour later. The only other thing I’ve found to do that is Progest-E, but it does funky things to me so I’m psyched to find an alternative. I prefer black and white tea to coffee so I’m going to see if they have the same pain relieving effect. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience with me. I really appreciate it!

Oh, good! I hope the soda works out well for you. I think your plan of slowly increasing thyroid is a sound one. Do you usually have something salty with your liquids? I noticed that by having some salty cheese or eggs with my meals, I can go hours without needing to pee, except when I have watermelon juice—there’s nothing that prevents WJ from having a diuretic effect on me. lol
Yes! Having staples as fallback allows us to experiment, never reaching a downward spiral like we used to face when stumbling from experiment to experiment.

I’m so glad to hear that coffee had such a positive effect on you yesterday morning! I hope that keeps up and you can continue to enjoy it (or tea).

I don’t always have something salty with my liquids, and I think you’re right that that contributes to the urination. I never feel like I’m getting enough salt, because on my eggs or cheese I only put like 1/4 tsp or so. But too much salt causes diarrhea so, sometimes I resort to starches as salt soakers (new term). I really don’t like the long term effects of starch consumption though, so I’m gonna try using protein as my salt vehicle, seeing how it goes. I drink full fat goat milk because my body tolerates it so well, so I get nervous also about eating cheese, because my dietary fat would then be very high. I’m still very excited though to have raw goat milk, coffee, and now OJ as staples that help ward off the tachycardia and hot flashes.

Jennifer

Yes! Having staples as fallback allows us to experiment, never reaching a downward spiral like we used to face when stumbling from experiment to experiment.

I’m so glad to hear that coffee had such a positive effect on you yesterday morning! I hope that keeps up and you can continue to enjoy it (or tea).

I don’t always have something salty with my liquids, and I think you’re right that that contributes to the urination. I never feel like I’m getting enough salt, because on my eggs or cheese I only put like 1/4 tsp or so. But too much salt causes diarrhea so, sometimes I resort to starches as salt soakers (new term). I really don’t like the long term effects of starch consumption though, so I’m gonna try using protein as my salt vehicle, seeing how it goes. I drink full fat goat milk because my body tolerates it so well, so I get nervous also about eating cheese, because my dietary fat would then be very high. I’m still very excited though to have raw goat milk, coffee, and now OJ as staples that help ward off the tachycardia and hot flashes.

Exactly!

Thanks! :) Instead of having it all at one meal, I spread the coffee out today, making it more like a milky coffee, and I actually enjoyed the taste so it’s a keeper! I’m really happy about this since I’m experimenting with coffee for a very specific reason.

LOL at salt soakers. It’s fitting! When you say your dietary fat would be too high, do you mean it would trigger the hot flashes and tachycardia or provide an excess of calories? I don’t like the long-term effects of starch, either, and feel my best keeping my fat intake lower so I opted for skimming the cream off the goat’s milk and getting my fat from the cheese and eggs.

I can totally understand your excitement. Your staples also provide the essential nutrients based on Ray:

“When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.”

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Exactly!

Thanks! :) Instead of having it all at one meal, I spread the coffee out today, making it more like a milky coffee, and I actually enjoyed the taste so it’s a keeper! I’m really happy about this since I’m experimenting with coffee for a very specific reason.

LOL at salt soakers. It’s fitting! When you say your dietary fat would be too high, do you mean it would trigger the hot flashes and tachycardia or provide an excess of calories? I don’t like the long-term effects of starch, either, and feel my best keeping my fat intake lower so I opted for skimming the cream off the goat’s milk and getting my fat from the cheese and eggs.

I can totally understand your excitement. Your staples also provide the essential nutrients based on Ray:

“When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.”

Yes, I love milky coffee. Milk+coffee+sugar, man I could live on that. I am also intrigued about your specific reason for experimenting with coffee. Sounds quite mysterious…….. haha

I want to keep fat lower not because it would trigger tachycardia, but yeah because of the high calorie content, and also because higher fat could get in the way of glucose oxidation. I remember you previously mentioning that you skim the fat off your goat milk, and I also remember you used a straw to drink until you hit the cream line. How do you isolate the skim milk enough to mix it with coffee? That would mean separating skim and fat, not just using a straw, right?

Jennifer

Yes, I love milky coffee. Milk+coffee+sugar, man I could live on that. I am also intrigued about your specific reason for experimenting with coffee. Sounds quite mysterious…….. haha

I want to keep fat lower not because it would trigger tachycardia, but yeah because of the high calorie content, and also because higher fat could get in the way of glucose oxidation. I remember you previously mentioning that you skim the fat off your goat milk, and I also remember you used a straw to drink until you hit the cream line. How do you isolate the skim milk enough to mix it with coffee? That would mean separating skim and fat, not just using a straw, right?

I could live on it, too! Well, I kind of do, actually. Haha! If you like and tolerate cacao, you should give mocha milk a try. I brew up roasted, mycotoxin-free cacao nibs into a concentrate just like I do coffee and mix the two together. The combo is pretty killer! Now all that’s left to do is perfect my “Peaty” salt water taffy recipe and I will have completely Wonkafied my diet. lol I’m getting close!

Haha! Nothing too mysterious, at least not for this forum. I’m experimenting with coffee for its laxative effect. Shocker, huh? lol I prefer the taste of cow’s milk to goat’s milk—I can’t get past GM’s muskiness when heated up—but even A2/A2 constipates me on a fiber-free diet so I was hoping caffeine would trigger peristalsis in a non-irritating way and boy has it! I’ve never been so regular.

Gotcha. Yep, I was using the straw trick, but the farm skims my milk for me now—they give the cream to the lambs since sheep’s milk is naturally higher in fat. They skim some cow’s milk every Monday to offer raw cream to their customers so they skim mine at the same time. If I was still skimming it myself, I’d probably just mix the coffee and sugar in the goat’s milk as soon as I got it home from the farm.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I could live on it, too! Well, I kind of do, actually. Haha! If you like and tolerate cacao, you should give mocha milk a try. I brew up roasted, mycotoxin-free cacao nibs into a concentrate just like I do coffee and mix the two together. The combo is pretty killer! Now all that’s left to do is perfect my “Peaty” salt water taffy recipe and I will have completely Wonkafied my diet. lol I’m getting close!

Haha! Nothing too mysterious, at least not for this forum. I’m experimenting with coffee for its laxative effect. Shocker, huh? lol I prefer the taste of cow’s milk to goat’s milk—I can’t get past GM’s muskiness when heated up—but even A2/A2 constipates me on a fiber-free diet so I was hoping caffeine would trigger peristalsis in a non-irritating way and boy has it! I’ve never been so regular.

Gotcha. Yep, I was using the straw trick, but the farm skims my milk for me now—they give the cream to the lambs since sheep’s milk is naturally higher in fat. They skim some cow’s milk every Monday to offer raw cream to their customers so they skim mine at the same time. If I was still skimming it myself, I’d probably just mix the coffee and sugar in the goat’s milk as soon as I got it home from the farm.
That sounds like awesome set up, with the farmers skimming your goat milk every week Jennifer! I’m always impressed by your resourcefulness and experimental mindset with things — finding the right fruit for juicing, skimming the goat milk on your own, experimenting with various thyroid types. It inspires me to keep trying new things too. I hope everything is still going well with the coffee! Are you still drinking it?

For a few days I tried using a spigot for my goat milk, just drinking from below the cream line, but I began not to feel as good, with a coated tongue, low deep sleep, and tachycardia/hot flashes again. So I added more salty masa chips, magnesium bicarbonate water, and went back to whole raw goat milk, and the problem went away. I love drinking whole raw goat milk! It makes me feel so nourished! I’m a bit nervous that I’ll get fat if I keep drinking three quarts of it per day, but I don’t want to give it up, so instead I’ve been walking and lifting weights to help offset any fat gain I get from it. We will see.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals