Hidden Nasties In Our Food

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Furthermore, while rinsing produce can help remove pesticide residue and some germs, it will not kill bacteria like salmonella or E. coli.”

Attachments

• 97809FA2-9676-4CAC-8C7A-FAC4437C0075.png
    97809FA2-9676-4CAC-8C7A-FAC4437C0075.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The potential for contamination was noted on May 27 after the Food and Drug Administration tested the crab on May 9. The FDA revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes on cooking equipment and in a cooking room. No crabmeat has been tested but product may have potentially been contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes because of cross contamination.

The recalled “Crabmeat: Jumbo, Lump, Finger, and Claw meat” was sent to distributors in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

The product comes in 1-pound containers, with the packages marked with license number AL 111-C with the company name “Irvington Seafood.” The company did not provide the FDA with photographs of the recalled products.

Consumers should look for the following batch numbers written on the bottom of the container: 130, 131, 132, 134, 137, 139, 141, 144, 145, 146,148, 150”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Can this company ever recover from this?…

“‘We now know that contrary to initial reports, 9 babies who were fed Abbott powdered infant formula manufactured in their Sturgis, Michigan facility have died,’ said Congresswoman DeLauro who chairs the House Appropriations Committee. ‘This is heartbreaking and shameful. Many of these deaths could have likely been prevented if Abbott Nutrition and the FDA did not drag their feet to investigate credible allegations of substandard food safety practices at the plant. And what is deeply disturbing is the timeline in which these events unfolded.’

‘In February 2021, an entire year before the voluntary recall, Abbott and the FDA were alerted to allegations concerning problems at the Sturgis, Michigan manufacturing facility through a complaint filed by an employee. The problems included failing equipment in need of repair and formula released without adequate evidence that it was safe for consumption. Abbott confirmed receipt and submitted a formal response to the complaint two months later.

‘Despite knowing this information, it was not until September 2021 that the FDA conducted a routine inspection of the facility and learned of the potential link between a specific rare and deadly foodborne pathogen and powdered infant formula manufactured by Abbott. At the same time, an infant in Minnesota given formula manufactured in Abbott’s Sturgis, Michigan facility was diagnosed with Cronobacter sakazakii. This was the first case reported.’

Consumers also filed more than 100 reports of life-threatening and non-life-threatening illnesses with the FDA in relation to formula produced by Abbott Nutrition. Abbott has a 48 percent market share of the infant formula market in the United States and produces the popular Similac and Elecare brands.

The complaints included documented symptoms of fever in 31 babies, vomiting in 42 babies, diarrhea in 47 babies, and blood in stool in 6 babies. Most parents reported that their babies suffered from multiple symptoms. Other symptoms included loss of appetite, rash, lethargy, dehydration, irritability, weight loss, and difficulty breathing. Most of which are associated with cronobacter infection.

‘While these infants suffered from different symptoms, there remains one constant: The sick babies were fed an Abbott powdered formula,’ DeLauro says. “Each new revelation begs more questions.

‘Why did FDA not immediately investigate the causes of these deaths linked to powdered infant formula? Why was a whistleblower’s report outlining credible allegations of wrongdoing not immediately escalated both times the FDA received it? And why did Abbott wait months after reports of infant deaths and hospitalizations to finally recall their contaminated product? I expect Abbott and the FDA to answer to these questions.

‘I extend my condolences to the families and parents who lost their babies, and I vow I will not stop fighting to uncover what went wrong. Once we get to the bottom of what went wrong, I expect the individuals responsible for this crisis to be held accountable.’”

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“It’s a dangerous trend. The World Health Organization has determined that processed meat is a major contributor to colorectal cancer, classifying it as “carcinogenic to humans.” Just 50 grams—about one hot dog—consumed daily increases colorectal cancer risk by 18%.

‘Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death for both men and women, with an estimated 52,980 persons in the US projected to die of colorectal cancer in 2021,’ according to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, which recommended earlier this year that screening for colorectal cancer begin at age 45 instead of 50, noting, “Incidence of colorectal cancer (specifically adenocarcinoma) in adults aged 40 to 49 years has increased by almost 15% from 2000-2002 to 2014-2016.”

Hot dogs and other processed meat are also linked to cardiovascular disease and death, according to a recent study. Researchers reviewed food intake records from more than 100,000 participants in the Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology (PURE) Study and compared heart disease and mortality with meat consumption. Those who ate more than 150 grams of processed meat per week increased their risk of heart disease and death by 46% and 51%, respectively, when compared to those who did not eat processed meat.”

David PS

1655169056140.png

Birdie

Oh no, I didn't read first and just saw the beauty colors. I used to see those in Paris and in Pasa Robles and in other places traveling. But they were not that bright!! It's like companies just try to hard with the brightness. The more natural ones are very pretty on their own.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh no, I didn't read first and just saw the beauty colors. I used to see those in Paris and in Pasa Robles and in other places traveling. But they were not that bright!! It's like companies just try to hard with the brightness. The more natural ones are very pretty on their own.
I see them more pastel colored, but that pale green surely surely doesn’t come from spinach. It is a good rule of thumb though.

Birdie

I see them more pastel colored, but that pale green surely surely doesn’t come from spinach. It is a good rule of thumb though.
Yes. I do see them at a grocery store here. I'd forgotten. Short cuts, no spinach for them!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A warning about champagne contaminated with ecstasy in Europe that is behind one death has been extended.

More than three months after the alarm was first raised, authorities believe another lot code of Moët and Chandon Ice Imperial could be affected.

The Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC) in Belgium said a police investigation, which involves Europol, has revealed that a second lot number may also be contaminated.

The alert initially covered Moët and Chandon Ice Imperial 3 liter with lot code LAJ7QAB6780004. This code can be found on the label on the back of the bottle. The updated warning includes bottles with lot code LAK5SAA6490005. Products were sold online and in a few physical outlets.

Eight people, aged 33 to 52, fell sick in mid-February in Germany and one died. There have also been four illnesses in the Netherlands.“

David PS

1655315154175.png

David PS

1655315406954.png

supercoolguy

“Some types of Jergens moisturizer have been recalled because of possible bacterial contamination.

The Food and Drug Administration announced that Jergen's manufacturer, Kao USA, wants customers to check if they have 3-ounce or 10-ounce products of Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturizer, because they could contain pluralibacter gergoviae.

Although the bacterium typically poses little medical risk to healthy people, the FDA noted pluralibacter gergoviae can cause infections in immunocompromised people. Numerous consumer products have been recalled for similar bacterial contaminations

When did this happen? I need to let my mens group know right away.

David PS

1655383607114.png

David PS

1655383980891.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals