Help with numbness and pins-and-needles feeling

ThunderSpank

Poor growth is most likely an observed symptom in developing children or teenagers and is not that easily perceived in adults.

I‘d be amazed to hear your results. I have a very good experience with it.
I tried omega 3s a few years back for neuropathy and all I noticed was that it made my skin sticky, and gave me acne.

youngsinatra

I tried omega 3s a few years back for neuropathy and all I noticed was that it made my skin sticky, and gave me acne.
It cleared up my hardcore dandruff that didn‘t improve a bit with all the peaty-things.

K

Kaur Singh

@ecstatichamster

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 20.41.17.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 01.26.55.png

(I think this was from Peat's swelling/water article)

Getting out of the stress response can help.
Thyroid, temps, BP.
Certainly working on correct alignment also helps, secondary to the initial metabolic problem.

Have you tried rubbing a little bit of progesterone/E on the area?
sun /red light exposure?

OP
ecstatichamster

sladerunner69

Poor growth is most likely an observed symptom in developing children or teenagers and is not that easily perceived in adults.

I‘d be amazed to hear your results. I have a very good experience with it.

I picked up some Cod liver oil today(wild, norweigan). I will take a serving a day for the next month and let you know how it goes!

Maybe I should start my own thread?

youngsinatra

I picked up some Cod liver oil today(wild, norweigan). I will take a serving a day for the next month and let you know how it goes!

Maybe I should start my own thread?
This will give you even some additional beneficial fat-soluble vitamins besides the omega-3s :)

skuabird

sladerunner69

This will give you even some additional beneficial fat-soluble vitamins besides the omega-3s :)

Have you guys ever tried canned cod liver (not just oil)?
It's actually very delicate a delicious.

I tried a few brands, this is my fav:
Amazon product ASIN B07935LV8FView: https://www.amazon.com/Icelandic-Liver-Caught-Kosher-Morue/dp/B07935LV8F/

I’m not consuming PUFAs intentionally.

I've taken 1 tsp of Cod Liver oil yesterday and today and the effect is significant. I feel much more relaxed and laid back, and able to think in a more focussed, organized, methodical manner. I have often felt like my brain was moving too fast and many things would give me anxiety, and I had been told that I talked too fast especially when taking a lot of thyroid. The numbness on my left side is still there, but has improved and the tingling sensation is completely gone. I am more tired than normal, and didn't feel like working out and playing tennis, which is something I normally feel like have to do because I almost have "too much" energy. I am interested to see where this goes after a week or two!

youngsinatra

I've taken 1 tsp of Cod Liver oil yesterday and today and the effect is significant. I feel much more relaxed and laid back, and able to think in a more focussed, organized, methodical manner. I have often felt like my brain was moving too fast and many things would give me anxiety, and I had been told that I talked too fast especially when taking a lot of thyroid. The numbness on my left side is still there, but has improved and the tingling sensation is completely gone. I am more tired than normal, and didn't feel like working out and playing tennis, which is something I normally feel like have to do because I almost have "too much" energy. I am interested to see where this goes after a week or two!
Even I didn’t expect that after 1-2 days, even though I can totally relate to more clear thinking and the more relaxed state of mind.
What amount of n-3 fatty acids and retinol does your cod liver oil supplies in a teaspoon?

sladerunner69

Even I didn’t expect that after 1-2 days, even though I can totally relate to more clear thinking and the more relaxed state of mind.
What amount of n-3 fatty acids and retinol does your cod liver oil supplies in a teaspoon?

Well let's see... one teaspoon provides 4.6g of cod liver oil... which has 1.1 gram of omega-3's. Therein, 500mg is DHA and 400mg is EPA, and I am not certain if that is a standard ratio across most fish oils. That tsp of oil has also 255mcg or 850iu but a portion of that is from supplemental retinyl palmitate.

BTW I lifted weights in the gym earlier and my joints felt significantly improved. I had forgotten what it was like to not have achy, dry joints. Although, I did not have as much energy to work out.

I am full of energy and talk fast when I am in that energetic state, with my brain going faster I can talk. I find it to be a good thing. When my 21 year old son and I took a road trip to the Grand Canyon, just the two of us, he was dragging while was on the go, and said I was wearing him out, so we cut the trip a night short.

"Between the first and second world wars, cod liver oil was recommended as a vitamin supplement, at first as a source of vitamin A, and later as a source of vitamins A and D. But in the late 1940s, experimenters used it as the main fat in dogs' diet, and found that they all died from cancer, while the dogs on a standard diet had only a 5% cancer mortality. That sort of information, and the availability of synthetic vitamins, led to the decreased use of cod liver oil" -Ray Peat

skuabird

"Between the first and second world wars, cod liver oil was recommended as a vitamin supplement, at first as a source of vitamin A, and later as a source of vitamins A and D. But in the late 1940s, experimenters used it as the main fat in dogs' diet, and found that they all died from cancer, while the dogs on a standard diet had only a 5% cancer mortality. That sort of information, and the availability of synthetic vitamins, led to the decreased use of cod liver oil" -Ray Peat
Well that's concerning. I wonder if it was because it was rancid? Cod liver oil is so gross compared to canned cod liver. I don't eat the latter very often and when I do I share with my dog.

Well that's concerning. I wonder if it was because it was rancid? Cod liver oil is so gross compared to canned cod liver. I don't eat the latter very often and when I do I share with my dog.

Well I am glad I posted it!

I would iit is because of rancidity since he thinks fish oil is very bad for that reason, and he made no exceptions.

sladerunner69

I am full of energy and talk fast when I am in that energetic state, with my brain going faster I can talk. I find it to be a good thing. When my 21 year old son and I took a road trip to the Grand Canyon, just the two of us, he was dragging while was on the go, and said I was wearing him out, so we cut the trip a night short.

Oh I am well aware of Peat's firm opposition to fish oil!

Believe me taking the cod liver oil hasn't been something I've decided to do on a whim. I've been strictly avoiding pufa sources for years now, probably since 2013. The odd time I eat fatty chicken meat or olive oil I take vitamin E as Peat recommends. After years of struggling with debilitating neurological issues though, I am ready and willing to experiment with just about anything. A few weeks of cod liver oil is not going to ruin my metabolism beyond no return. @youngsinatra posted an interesting article which links to studies of people who have had similar neurological issues and have gotten better from fish oil. I think maybe it is the DHA component that is actually important for nerves, (perhaps it is that specific kind of fatty acid that is used to protect the myelin sheeth?). The best sources of DHA are fish and then eggs, as well as grass fed milk and tallow. So it is not necessarilly a pufa-rich endeavor trying to get more DHA in.

Missenger

Believe me taking the cod liver oil hasn't been something I've decided to do on a whim. I've been strictly avoiding pufa sources for years now, probably since 2013. The odd time I eat fatty chicken meat or olive oil I take vitamin E as Peat recommends. After years of struggling with debilitating neurological issues though, I am ready and willing to experiment with just about anything. A few weeks of cod liver oil is not going to ruin my metabolism beyond no return. @youngsinatra posted an interesting article which links to studies of people who have had similar neurological issues and have gotten better from fish oil. I think maybe it is the DHA component that is actually important for nerves, (perhaps it is that specific kind of fatty acid that is used to protect the myelin sheeth?). The best sources of DHA are fish and then eggs, as well as grass fed milk and tallow. So it is not necessarilly a pufa-rich endeavor trying to get more DHA in.
You could compare both and see what you feel better taking since you already know the dangers of fish oil and could always balance it out with separate vitamin a (iodine?)/'safe' fish in your diet. If you haven't already I'd eliminate soap and bleach usage (hands/skin/clothes) if you're bothered by arthritis.

Last edited:

I am sorry you are struggling Slade, and I don't blame you for wanting to try anything that works. We all have our own things that we make allowances for, and though cod liver oil isn't Peat recommended, i am not bothered that you take it. I didn't know you were sure something was wrong and i was trying to be reassuring :)

youngsinatra

„Experimenters used it as the main fat in dog‘s diet, and found that they all died from cancer.“

Well I‘d advise for taking a really small amount of fish oil, cod liver oil or krill oil a day to reap all the benefits of DHA.

It is well known that high intakes of PUFAs are really detrimental and this is not what I encourage to do.
Even though I take small amounts of fish oil a day I am still hovering around 4-5g of total PUFA intake per day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals