I Get It! Progesterone Is Finally Working For Me (as A Man)

I am taking probably 3 - 5 mg most days, as Progest-E. Topically, along with 10mg or so of K2 MK4 and a little mitolipin and maybe some E oil to dissolve it.

Plus, 4 drops of Pansterone = 5mg or so of DHEA and 5mg or so of pregnenolone.

Before, the progesterone made my penis numb. Now, it just evens out my libido and sex is maybe better. Fewer hormonal surges from day to day, which I read as lower estrogen.

I am also losing some body fat. Regardless, progesterone seems very beneficial these days.

Vinero

That's amazing that such a low dose of progesterone works so well.
That bottle will last a long time if you need only 3-5 mg.

Arnold Grape

Is there anyone who can identify specifically what happens when the progesterone is taken in conjunction with something like DHEA/ Pregnenolone? (i.e. Why is it a different action than taking it alone?) Also, I would watch for cumulative effects from any neurosteroid, down the line.

OP
ecstatichamster
That's amazing that such a low dose of progesterone works so well.
That bottle will last a long time if you need only 3-5 mg.

I think Dr. Peat was the one that really drove this home. Very small amounts of these steroids are MORE powerful because I think the body just adds them to the mix and does not down-regulate endogenous production. Just a theory.

lampofred

I think Dr. Peat was the one that really drove this home. Very small amounts of these steroids are MORE powerful because I think the body just adds them to the mix and does not down-regulate endogenous production. Just a theory.

But he said preg and prog stimulate their own production (positive feedback loop).

ddjd

Someone recently (a guy) was saying he was using half a bottle of progest-e at a time!! Lol . About 1500mg a dose

Herbie

Someone recently (a guy) was saying he was using half a bottle of progest-e at a time!! Lol . About 1500mg a dose

He wanted to know what it felt like to be back in the womb

Owen B

You could be right; I was taking 15-20 mgs a day for a month and it blew me out. My free T nosedived and my D3 tanked. But that's the dose if you want cortisol reduction.

My goal all along has been to get something androgenic to balance it. Like T. I tried Androsterone: not too good.

I might try it next at a much lower dose if I can't get the T.

Vinero

That's insane. Above a certain point you don't get anymore benefit from progesterone. I think about 200 mg of progesterone is the maximum amount where the benefits peak. Going above that increases the risk of your penis shrinking and plummeting your libido.

ddjd

That's insane. Above a certain point you don't get anymore benefit from progesterone. I think about 200 mg of progesterone is the maximum amount where the benefits peak. Going above that increases the risk of your penis shrinking and plummeting your libido.
Still though it's never permanently shrunk

Owen B

3mg is a good dose, maybe 5mg...15-20 is huge.
I'll have to consider trying a lower dose and see how I feel.

But there's one of Haidut's posts on progesterone counteracting cortisol at the GR receptors in muscle (maybe skin). I'm getting older now and have a lot of stress on top of that. There's muscle wasting and my skin seems thin. I thought that post mentioned 15-20 mgs if somebody wanted to block cortisol. That dose also blocks ACTH production. Those are pretty good effects.

But I wouldn't want to touch that dose without something to balance it.

Owen B

I think that it helps me reduce the high T leading to high estrogen swings...
I think that it helps me reduce the high T leading to high estrogen swings...
But where are you getting the high T from in the first place?

If I can get some T, that's another good reason to keep some Progesterone in the system: to keep estrogen down. But my T now, after all that Progesterone is very low.

Obi-wan

I take 12 drops of Progestene when I wake up sublingual and 12 at night before I go to bed. I also do Natpro 2-4 times a day (half a pump or 25mgs). So I have been doing 100-200mgs per day. I am 61 years old. Makes me feel good

ebs

I am taking probably 3 - 5 mg most days, as Progest-E. Topically, along with 10mg or so of K2 MK4 and a little mitolipin and maybe some E oil to dissolve it.

Plus, 4 drops of Pansterone = 5mg or so of DHEA and 5mg or so of pregnenolone.

Before, the progesterone made my penis numb. Now, it just evens out my libido and sex is maybe better. Fewer hormonal surges from day to day, which I read as lower estrogen.

I am also losing some body fat. Regardless, progesterone seems very beneficial these days.

What vitamin K supplement do you use?

Also, at what age should a man start progesterone? I remember reading here that a young man doesn't need to supplement it.

Dave Clark

I am new to the posssiblity of using progesterone as a male. Can anyone comment on the negative press about progesterone regarding the alleged build up in fatty tissues and supposed causing problems of hormonal imbalance down the road? Plus, guys like Dr. Lamm says that if you have any adrenal fatigue to not use progesterone, says it will eventually cause 'brittle adrenals' (not sure what that is). I wanted my wife to try it as well, but then you hear about it being the kiss of death for some women, while others say it is a god-send. Can't seem to get many reviews from men, except on this forum. Also, I thought I heard Peat say not to stay on it long term (on one of the podcasts). Really confusing me right now.

Sobieski

I am new to the posssiblity of using progesterone as a male. Can anyone comment on the negative press about progesterone regarding the alleged build up in fatty tissues and supposed causing problems of hormonal imbalance down the road? Plus, guys like Dr. Lamm says that if you have any adrenal fatigue to not use progesterone, says it will eventually cause 'brittle adrenals' (not sure what that is). I wanted my wife to try it as well, but then you hear about it being the kiss of death for some women, while others say it is a god-send. Can't seem to get many reviews from men, except on this forum. Also, I thought I heard Peat say not to stay on it long term (on one of the podcasts). Really confusing me right now.

The most sensible approach would be to use it intermittently, which is how I use it. It is highly useful for stressful situations where high mental functioning is still required. I don't think it should be used all the time as even Peat says it will antagonise testosterone.

OP
ecstatichamster

Peat hasn't said not to take it long term that I recall. I think it has to be taken in LOW dosages.

My wife has used it for many years and continues to benefit. Hot flashes are controlled or eliminated and it helps her sleep.

For me I think 3mg or so per day seems to help control estrogen without huge swings that I get when I used cooked mushrooms. I use it topically just about every day, along with maybe 5mg of DHEA, 10mg of K2 MK4, a drop or two of E oil, and 15,000 units of A. Also some D3 if I don't have sunlight. Seems to be very useful.