I Get It! Progesterone Is Finally Working For Me (as A Man)

B

Braveheart

The most sensible approach would be to use it intermittently, which is how I use it. It is highly useful for stressful situations where high mental functioning is still required. I don't think it should be used all the time as even Peat says it will antagonise testosterone.
Good advice, I believe...what kind, how much and what schedule do you follow?...if you feel like sharing....and do you use any of the following....preg/dhea/andro?? Thank you.

Sobieski

Good advice, I believe...what kind, how much and what schedule do you follow?...if you feel like sharing....and do you use any of the following....preg/dhea/andro?? Thank you.

Thank you; I'd be happy to share.
I don't really use any sort of schedule, I just use it when I need to. There are times when I'm in a stressful situation yet need to make logical, rational decisions. If I know this is gonna be the case I'll use progesterone preemptively. Using prog, I can be cognisant of the fact that I'm in a stress inducing situation and yet feel nothing.

I usually go no higher than 3-6 mg per day, so low. I've used it for a few weeks at a time but under the influence of prog, I don't really care about consequences, or upsetting people. I believe that I also come across as confrontational because I stop caring. That's why I use it therapeutically; it inhibits over excitement in times of stress but also inhibits the small stress response that is necessary to function in day to day life.

DHEA usually makes me very irritable and aggressive (irrationally so) and androsterone kills libido. If i use a very minuscule amount of dhea in combo with prog it can work but it's hit and miss. A combo of prog and androsterone makes me anxious. When I use progesterone as I do, I feel it's very androgenic, my voice is deeper etc. With regards to feminising, I do think that when I used it for a few weeks I started to gain fat on my torso. Libido was high throughout though.

B

Braveheart

Thank you; I'd be happy to share.
I don't really use any sort of schedule, I just use it when I need to. There are times when I'm in a stressful situation yet need to make logical, rational decisions. If I know this is gonna be the case I'll use progesterone preemptively. Using prog, I can be cognisant of the fact that I'm in a stress inducing situation and yet feel nothing.

I usually go no higher than 3-6 mg per day, so low. I've used it for a few weeks at a time but under the influence of prog, I don't really care about consequences, or upsetting people. I believe that I also come across as confrontational because I stop caring. That's why I use it therapeutically; it inhibits over excitement in times of stress but also inhibits the small stress response that is necessary to function in day to day life.

DHEA usually makes me very irritable and aggressive (irrationally so) and androsterone kills libido. If i use a very minuscule amount of dhea in combo with prog it can work but it's hit and miss. A combo of prog and androsterone makes me anxious. When I use progesterone as I do, I feel it's very androgenic, my voice is deeper etc. With regards to feminising, I do think that when I used it for a few weeks I started to gain fat on my torso. Libido was high throughout though.
Thanks again for the feedback!

Dave Clark

Thanks ecstatichamster and sobieski for the feedback. I think I may try the low dose, 3mg to start, topically, and maybe not everyday, and just monitor my symptoms. One of the things I didn't mention was that I had bought a bottle (from HealthNatura) and trialed it three times. I took it at night since everyone was saying it makes you drowsy and helps you sleep. First night, felt like i drank 5 cups of coffee, or that someone had me plugged into an electrical outlet, figured it was a fluke. Second night, same thing, then read that some people have opposite effects of the drowsiness. Next day, tried one drop on my wrists in the AM and didn't notice any problem. But, then I shelved it because I kept reading controversial info on the net. I am not giving it up, but I am trying to learn as much as possible, very glad to have this forum and such helpful members.

Sobieski

Thanks ecstatichamster and sobieski for the feedback. I think I may try the low dose, 3mg to start, topically, and maybe not everyday, and just monitor my symptoms. One of the things I didn't mention was that I had bought a bottle (from HealthNatura) and trialed it three times. I took it at night since everyone was saying it makes you drowsy and helps you sleep. First night, felt like i drank 5 cups of coffee, or that someone had me plugged into an electrical outlet, figured it was a fluke. Second night, same thing, then read that some people have opposite effects of the drowsiness. Next day, tried one drop on my wrists in the AM and didn't notice any problem. But, then I shelved it because I kept reading controversial info on the net. I am not giving it up, but I am trying to learn as much as possible, very glad to have this forum and such helpful members.

Prog makes it hard to sleep for me as well.

OP
ecstatichamster
I don't feel any different when I use it in terms of sleeping...that I have noticed...

sladerunner69

I am taking probably 3 - 5 mg most days, as Progest-E. Topically, along with 10mg or so of K2 MK4 and a little mitolipin and maybe some E oil to dissolve it.

Plus, 4 drops of Pansterone = 5mg or so of DHEA and 5mg or so of pregnenolone.

Before, the progesterone made my penis numb. Now, it just evens out my libido and sex is maybe better. Fewer hormonal surges from day to day, which I read as lower estrogen.

I am also losing some body fat. Regardless, progesterone seems very beneficial these days.
Do you apply progest-E topically? I am worried that the vitamin E in that product is not of sufficiently high quality.

Mossy

Peat hasn't said not to take it long term that I recall. I think it has to be taken in LOW dosages.

My wife has used it for many years and continues to benefit. Hot flashes are controlled or eliminated and it helps her sleep.

For me I think 3mg or so per day seems to help control estrogen without huge swings that I get when I used cooked mushrooms. I use it topically just about every day, along with maybe 5mg of DHEA, 10mg of K2 MK4, a drop or two of E oil, and 15,000 units of A. Also some D3 if I don't have sunlight. Seems to be very useful.
Hi ecstatichamster, it seems you're fairly successful with your supplementing. I'm still working on getting the right dose and schedule which is optimal for me. If I remember correctly, you only supplement topically--can you please confirm this? Also, would you mind sharing which Vitamin A you're using. I don't do well with supplemental A, but I'm attempting to find a way to make it work, because it seems it's necessary for the balance of other supplements. I do eat liver weekly, so maybe that is sufficient. Thanks.

Luckytype

The most sensible approach would be to use it intermittently, which is how I use it. It is highly useful for stressful situations where high mental functioning is still required. I don't think it should be used all the time as even Peat says it will antagonise testosterone.

Peat hasn't said not to take it long term that I recall. I think it has to be taken in LOW dosages.

My wife has used it for many years and continues to benefit. Hot flashes are controlled or eliminated and it helps her sleep.

For me I think 3mg or so per day seems to help control estrogen without huge swings that I get when I used cooked mushrooms. I use it topically just about every day, along with maybe 5mg of DHEA, 10mg of K2 MK4, a drop or two of E oil, and 15,000 units of A. Also some D3 if I don't have sunlight. Seems to be very useful.

My reasonable overthinking brain thinks the same way here. Sprinkling little bits in for males sparingly but on a regular schedule.

Can someone comment for the metabolically compromised when in the timeline they think it could be added? Im about to start thyroid in a couple week after bloodwork hopefully and believe pregnenolone and prog in tiny amounts should be there, but not sure when.

I feel like the metabolism is a car, and adding more power to the car without upgrading or replacing/repairing the internal parts(thyroid)may cause issues.

I would love to here the "when" from you guys

OP
ecstatichamster
Hi ecstatichamster, it seems you're fairly successful with your supplementing. I'm still working on getting the right dose and schedule which is optimal for me. If I remember correctly, you only supplement topically--can you please confirm this? Also, would you mind sharing which Vitamin A you're using. I don't do well with supplemental A, but I'm attempting to find a way to make it work, because it seems it's necessary for the balance of other supplements. I do eat liver weekly, so maybe that is sufficient. Thanks.

mostly topically. Mostly just K2 MK4, D3, E, A, progesterone, pregnenolone, a little DHEA...all topical. I do consume some charcoal orally, and a bit of collagen, and occasionally ascorbate and aspirin and niacinamide orally...

Eating liver once a week is probably enough. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm using HealthNatura A as retinil palmitate, but switching to retinil acetate from Idealabs. I've seen evidence it is superior to palmitate.

Mossy

mostly topically. Mostly just K2 MK4, D3, E, A, progesterone, pregnenolone, a little DHEA...all topical. I do consume some charcoal orally, and a bit of collagen, and occasionally ascorbate and aspirin and niacinamide orally...

Eating liver once a week is probably enough. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm using HealthNatura A as retinil palmitate, but switching to retinil acetate from Idealabs. I've seen evidence it is superior to palmitate.
Thank you for the reply. I had wondered about acetate, as I also use palmitate. Maybe I'll try that one as well, in the future. I'll keep a look out for your posts, to see how you do with the acetate.

Progesterone

I take 12 drops of Progestene when I wake up sublingual and 12 at night before I go to bed. I also do Natpro 2-4 times a day (half a pump or 25mgs). So I have been doing 100-200mgs per day. I am 61 years old. Makes me feel good

Any hair effects?

OP
ecstatichamster
I am putting it on my penis for an irritation there along with urea and sugar. Helps a great deal.

Progesterone

Look into Ona's progesterone.

Very cost effective.

Progest-E

Ingredients
Yam-derived USP progesterone, vitamin E as d-alpha tocopherol and/or mixed tocopherols, vegetable triglycerides (from olive or coconut).

There may have been an issue with the manufacturer or one of the suppliers recently, so be sure to monitor the taste of the oil.

Sources
Cost: typically around $11.40 per gram of progesterone.

--

Ona's Natural 10% Progesterone Oil

Ingredients
USP progesterone (yam-derived), vitamin E (sunflower-derived, non-GMO, mixed tocopherols).

Sources
Cost: $6.39 per gram of progesterone.

The oil is 5mg per drop though. May be too much for your needs.

Peater Pan

Ascorbate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals