AlaskanLurker For Answers Finally A Member

akgrrrl

What a fabulous community this is. Yes, I lurked for awhile before I leaped. Now maybe I could be directed to some proper threads for some salient discussion and research. Thank you all, for the wonderful information and thought-provoking dialogue here.

Four years ago I was bodybuilding, and determined to be the most awesome body in my age class. I had worked hard for over a year, when suddenly I had what my primary physician determined was a sinus infection. (inflammation diagnosed by flashlite). 2 months on antibiotics I was still on my face in bed every day with no energy to do anything but short trips to the fridge and bathroom. ENT appt was not available until 3 mo. later, and perfunctory bloodwork showed only low thyroid out of range. What followed was four years of HELL on Levoxyl in doses from 50mg to 125mgs, an un-necessary invasive surgery for a teeny cyst in the maxillary cavity (netted that doc 10K for 15 mins and ruined my life for 4 more months), which brings me to here, considering my limited but frightening knowledge of some family history.
My grandfather had both his legs amputated when I was 11, apparently from diabetes, and did not survive. I have seen 5 Neurologists (both in Alaska and in Washington State) and finally got a "diagnosis" of peripheral neuropathy. No amount of explaining that my feet and ankles turned white with cold, and that capillary refill was absent as soon as I became VERTICAL every morning. Daytimes, only a hot bath or bucket would warm my painful, white, numb, cold feet. These symptoms came on bi-laterally and gradually, un-even and unpredictable. It progressed eventually to my hands as well. The 5th Neuro only agreed to re-test for signal as I insisted my toes would not move, and my calves were extremely tender, I had on fur boots and thick wool socks and my feet were cold SO cold to the touch. She relented. I asked for 180 degree towels out of the autoclave and a re-test in 15 mins, and then the diagnosis was confirmed.
I am not a diabetic. I drank that damn red KoolAid so many times, they keep thinking thats the answer. Its not. I even get the "pins and needles" thing now, after 6 pm. The switch is thrown and I am in all kinds of neuro jolts until such time as a pharmaceutical can get me to sleep.
I've switched primary care Docs but the choice is limited here, with most spending the requisite 7.2 minutes with each patient and no diagnostic skills. Would you like Lyrica? How about Gabapentin? Ad nauseum.
Now I am headed into year 5, and the elapsed time has shown a pattern of immuno-inflammation that has me either: immovable in bed, super sensitive to the air I have to breathe in my sinuses, barely able to whisper. Or, up and doing housework, gardening, hauling wood, shoveling snow but not strenuously working, as in a workout with intent.
This said, my feet are getting worse. It is painful now to walk. Often, my gait in interrupted by the lack of signal, with my left leg having evolved to balance and strength issues. But, after a hot bath, I can wiggle the toes that would not move before, and I can feel my feet in there somewhere.
After scouring hundreds of thyroid threads for years, and multiple bloodtests telling me alternately I am hypo oops now you are hyper, how can I figure out what the heck is going on? How does one go from feeling like crap to feeling like jumping over tall buildings? Am I genetically disposed to some sort of inherited polyneuropathy that is going to reduce me to amputation? Is this some sort of CFS or blood sugar disorder I can be tested for, or am I destined to lay in bed horizontally for the rest of my now unproductive days?
PS. I have left out the parts where I fell off a ladder 16 years ago from 2nd floor window installing by myself,and crushed a few things. Left ulna replaced with 8" of rod, left wrist totally rebuilt, skin grafts, right wrist crush and repair. Crushed and collapsed c-4,c-5,c-6,c-7 by the garden window that followed me down to the ground. Both rotator cuffs diagnosed as needing surgery as well as cervical disc replacement, all of which I self healed and told the orthos to stuff it. At the time of the above description of my "sinus infection" I had just qualified for a fitness competition and had 6 months to refine my physique for same; was swimming 40 mins of slow laps2x weekly and 2X a week gym rat. I remain well muscled at 5'10", 179# and 36"-29"-36" bust/waist/hips, but with an alarming softness of mass due to inordinate months motionless in bed.
Where can I go from here? Its so puzzling!

Peatful

Welcome @akgrrrl

A few brief thoughts/questions:

1) it’s never just one thing- but the perfect storm
2) Alaska winters must be terribly stressful, the cold and DARKNESS
3)you are indeed both hypo and hyper. Peat mentions this is a pattern of thyroid disorder.
4) I would assume your vitamin D levels are low
5)your body is under stress from lifestyle, diet, environment and the inflammation from your gut- that’s what the inflammation in your sinuses tells me
6) are you eating Peaty? What’s troubling your gut?
7) you can get better and recover but it will take time and trial and error. I’m glad you are looking for answers yourself vs trusting anyone else (me and this forum included)
8) please let us know what your diet looks like and any supplements and meds you currently take

Trix

@akgrrrl read Derrick Lonsdale, MD on Allithiamine. B1 and oxygen as the spark of life. Oxygen - the spark of life: A REMARKABLE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT I remember reading this entire website and then ordering the Allithiamine. He does discuss many issues. It helped me overnight and I consider this being what got me on a path of recovery. Since Jan 2016 I have read so much on Thiamine and still supplement. I also could not take any other forms of thiamine as I had tried those for 3 months before ordering Allithiamine without benefit. Allithiamine crosses the BBB, others do not. Dr Lonsdale does mention to stop sugar....this is where my body disagrees. You might benefit from the active or broken down versions of the B vitamins, B2 Riboflavin (R-5-P), B6 Pyridoxine (P-5-P), B12 (Methyl or Hydroxycobalamin).

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

@akgrrrl read Derrick Lonsdale, MD on Allithiamine. B1 and oxygen as the spark of life. Oxygen - the spark of life: A REMARKABLE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT I remember reading this entire website and then ordering the Allithiamine. He does discuss many issues. It helped me overnight and I consider this being what got me on a path of recovery. Since Jan 2016 I have read so much on Thiamine and still supplement. I also could not take any other forms of thiamine as I had tried those for 3 months before ordering Allithiamine without benefit. Allithiamine crosses the BBB, others do not. Dr Lonsdale does mention to stop sugar....this is where my body disagrees. You might benefit from the active or broken down versions of the B vitamins, B2 Riboflavin (R-5-P), B6 Pyridoxine (P-5-P), B12 (Methyl or Hydroxycobalamin).

Gosh Trix, thank you so much. The information that folks like you share on this site is just remarkable. I have been so foggy lately, I tell you it feels like half a brain...I am onto the B's...after finding that cyanocobalamin is contraindicated for anything neural, so have that in place at least. What an encouraging offer, sharing your experience after you did so much research.
akgrrrl

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

Welcome @akgrrrl

A few brief thoughts/questions:

1) it’s never just one thing- but the perfect storm
2) Alaska winters must be terribly stressful, the cold and DARKNESS
3)you are indeed both hypo and hyper. Peat mentions this is a pattern of thyroid disorder.
4) I would assume your vitamin D levels are low
5)your body is under stress from lifestyle, diet, environment and the inflammation from your gut- that’s what the inflammation in your sinuses tells me
6) are you eating Peaty? What’s troubling your gut?
7) you can get better and recover but it will take time and trial and error. I’m glad you are looking for answers yourself vs trusting anyone else (me and this forum included)
8) please let us know what your diet looks like and any supplements and meds you currently take

Thank you Peatful, for the welcome. I have nothing but gratitude for all the time you'all let me lurk and learn. I'm low and slow today, but here goes.
1) You Are Completely Right On.....so our body adjusts? and we adapt so humanly? and then wonder what happened when we crash. Sigh.
2) Over-rated majestic frontier Disneydangerland. Isolation. No human grouping unless you have a family. DARK, cold, many survival skills needed plus 360 degree awareness always or become part of the Food Chain (this means bears and wolves, but also the human system, social system, medical system, financial system, and not least of all the environment in general. I have had the opportunity to travel 15 other countries and much of the USA, and I am saying AK is a completely different world of its own, with many ecosystems.) Everyone who comes here has a story; I am no exception. I would have left if I could, or had someplace to go. It would make a great book, that first 27 years here...
3) Thank you for confirming this. Of course it was heresy to even suggest that to the professionals.
4) I always wonder about that, would get a bottle of everynowandthen, but now on 15,000 iu per day
5) STRESS yes, and unavoidable without a family or a man about. Lifestyle is "survival". I built the house,make the money, shovel the snow, haul the wood, change my oil, fix the toilet, and keep a basement pantry and am a creative foodie. All that makes for a powerful stinklure to anything in the 2 legged environment.
6) I have no idea how to answer this. I have never had any "gut" issues except loose stools, which I never had until the "4 years ago event". Never. Ever.
No gutbomb feelings, no acid stomach, no heartburn, none of the things I hear others speak of. Only one thing I know I have always done differently is not to drink anything while eating(except maybe a sip or two)--- thus no dilution of pepsin to stomach acid and no overfill of stomach to burn esophageal linings...
Eating Peaty....crave goatsmilk, make my own yogurt and love kefir and kombucha and sourdough. can't do any "government milk" it all smells horrible and I've seen too much of production to ever go there. I grew up summers in Arkansas where Uncle Geo had 14,000 roaster chickens that they wouldn't eat themselves. Took me until I was 14 to say "hey...but why do they have this other small chicken house over here..." and then the hustle/roundup of all us kids inside the house with Aunt Mary when the graintruck dumped its load in the big feeder silo. I will never forget that smell as long as I live, so...I eat a lot of local eggs, have 3 doz in the fridge now. I don't eat as much salmon as you might think despite living on the most famous river with 5 cold water species. Coffee only one cup and now decaff, since I fight insomnia every night despite benzos. Takes nearly 2 mgs to make my brain shut off. I have been in the ER several times after over 50 hrs awaketime. Can somebody say YIKES? Ok, that would segue right into
Supps
Meds
which I will have to do in another post. I am fading. Thank you so much for listening. I am so determined. I feel so grateful for finding this community.

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

Postscript: november 29 2022
In 2019 I realized it was the benzos in part. What a huge wakeup, as my "provider" was locked up on Federal charges for overprescribing, illegally prescribing, and on the BigPharma payroll of kickbacks.
No other doctor would touch me.
I had to selfcare my way to titrate off and it was hell. 18months it took, lots of sleepless nights and groggy days reading on rpf things like rebuilding damaged gaba receptors.
As of 2022, fully caffeinated coffee is nearly a reality, never after noon however. The rest of the story is also to the good, save for the wider saga on planet earth regarding the jab, waves of evil humans in all areas of established society, and the plethora of idiots recently allowed on our forum who disrespect the amazing work of DrPeat and the body of knowledge on the rpf by having turned it into a juvenile socialmedia display.
I remain grateful for the great minds and repositories of knowledge here who changed my life forever.

JamesGatz

and the plethora of idiots recently allowed on our forum who disrespect the amazing work of DrPeat and the body of knowledge on the rpf by having turned it into a juvenile socialmedia display.
🤣🤣🤣 You people love talking about ME don't you? I live in your head RENT-FREE that much huh?

Only cowards throw subliminal messages - name NAMES next time or don't mention it

Regardless of what you say, the forum grows BIGGER everyday - the more people talk about the forum on here, TWITTER, YOUTUBE - the more famous it gets 🤣🤣

Ben.

Postscript: november 29 2022
In 2019 I realized it was the benzos in part. What a huge wakeup, as my "provider" was locked up on Federal charges for overprescribing, illegally prescribing, and on the BigPharma payroll of kickbacks.
No other doctor would touch me.
I had to selfcare my way to titrate off and it was hell. 18months it took, lots of sleepless nights and groggy days reading on rpf things like rebuilding damaged gaba receptors.
As of 2022, fully caffeinated coffee is nearly a reality, never after noon however. The rest of the story is also to the good, save for the wider saga on planet earth regarding the jab, waves of evil humans in all areas of established society, and the plethora of idiots recently allowed on our forum who disrespect the amazing work of DrPeat and the body of knowledge on the rpf by having turned it into a juvenile socialmedia display.
I remain grateful for the great minds and repositories of knowledge here who changed my life forever.

Nice update! Glad you were able to help yourself. Haven't seen this thread of yours before.
Yeah this forum contains alot of gems. Helped me tremendously on my health journey up to now.

I'd love to hear more about your story of fixing and figuring your issues out and what you have tried etc.

🤣🤣🤣 You people love talking about ME don't you? I live in your head RENT-FREE that much huh?

Only cowards throw subliminal messages - name NAMES next time or don't mention it

Regardless of what you say, the forum grows BIGGER everyday - the more people talk about the forum on here, TWITTER, YOUTUBE - the more famous it gets 🤣🤣

Why? Why would you even feel this is directed at you? And why post something like that on a short yet nice, personal thread? Woudn't it be in your own interest to grow beyond such "triggers" wether they are directed at you or not?

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

Nice update! Glad you were able to help yourself. Haven't seen this thread of yours before.
Yeah this forum contains alot of gems. Helped me tremendously on my health journey up to now.

I'd love to hear more about your story of fixing and figuring your issues out and what you have tried etc.

Why? Why would you even feel this is directed at you? And why post something like that on a short yet nice, personal thread? Woudn't it be in your own interest to grow beyond such "triggers" wether they are directed at you

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

Oh yes quite right, I generally ignore the gatz kid, he flatters himself as usual by thinking its all about himself. Its not.
Many of the most talented biochem members no longer offer their immense knowledge on this forum. If you were here lurking in 2015, 2016, 2017, you would know exactly what I mean. And, the reasons why we no longer hear from them.
Nonetheless, thankyou for your observation and comment.

AlaskaJono

Oh yes quite right, I generally ignore the gatz kid, he flatters himself as usual by thinking its all about himself. Its not.
Many of the most talented biochem members no longer offer their immense knowledge on this forum. If you were here lurking in 2015, 2016, 2017, you would know exactly what I mean. And, the reasons why we no longer hear from them.
Nonetheless, thankyou for your observation and comment.
Just found this thread and def glad to hear you are off benzos and well on the mend in your metabolic/circulation issues. This style is a different way of 'working with biochem' than many of my Naturopath buddies use that information. My biochem isn't high level but I work at it. And I had PhD teachers in biochem and pathology... sheesh. All those years ago. And yes, as you noticed too, there was a lot more participation from "champions of biochem à la Ray" in the last decade. As a lurker since 2012/13 or so, didn't feel the need to join until the attack of the "Thing" in 2020. I read more at that time from Ray's site, and we, me and the missus, signed up for his newsletter. But yes indeed, grateful that there is a place here with openness to share the little understood operational systems of the human body. And share some other unrelated info and experience in an open respectful forum.

Tyrosine? Re GABA, may be of interest. I took it for a spell long ago, and it didn't make my hair more curly. This may help.. do have a look into it if you haven't already.

It is a total crapshoot with MD's these days, I couldn't even get a codeine script for my herniation 2 years ago, with MRI in hand. Cuz that is "bad drug" now. Finally I found a Doc, who is savvy, and about to retire. The 'new batch' of MD's are idiots for the most part, at least here in Australia. Do what they are told, prescribe item A for malady A, etc.. One doc even said " yeah you will probably need the surgery in about 6-9 months when your disc doesn't heal". Other Docs said straight up surgery may help or hinder you, for the rest of your life! I opted self treatment, acu/chiro, and my own physio program thanks to help from the internet.

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

@AlaskaJono What a great testimony to self healing, and response to my update. Thankyou!
How lucky we are to have had a life that allowed the creativity and skills to thoughtfully concentrate, assess, and select a path of action, then follow it. A great deal of what is missing in today's world is within your description of your healing path. We can see the information denied to the generations behind us alongside the absence of wide skillsets, next to a rapidly declining literacy. As Haidut has shown us multiple studies, they are slated for shortest lifespans with the worst health, and the inability to connect as did the entire world for eons, via amazing sex or all the nuances of emotion. I feel for them.
May we all continue to share what wisdom we have learned, in hopes to shorten the path of misery for anyone.

AlaskaJono

No, Thank You! akgrrrl. You started it-- this thread, many years ago, with serious issues to be addressed, and ready to be more responsible for your health AND not trust the 'medical mafia' so much. And long term the benzo family of drugs is not the best choice. Sorry for you for that experience. (Doctor in jail now?).... . Time to be your own Dr, as much as possible these days.

Is the local Naturopath a good resource? I just looked up and an ND Patrick Huffman is up there in Soldotna and Homer. I think I met him at a mate's house in Portland long ago. If it is the same guy then he had some top training in neural/prolo therapy at my friend's clinic. Don't know about hyperbaric chamber therapy he is doing! Perhaps you can get him to pump in some CO2. Hmmmm.

And yes for sure there has been a steep decline in society, social mores, civility, manners, respect, and basic communication skills. Not only in the US, but throughout the world. Short attention span, and the various trainings (school/Uni/advertising/movies) to produce people's completely selfish orientation helps to limit their thought processes and world view. As Marshal McLuhan stated "the vehicle is the message". He basically described it this way: the tech structures our interactions with each other and the world.' Lots of positive and negatives here in the digital world. As one internet writer stated, "People are already living in(side) the internet". (Eric Coppolino). Cheers.

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

I knew about Huffman, but had a local tell me he was jabbing and not as holistic as you might think a naturopath should be. I have had ozone hemo two months in a row, 6 pints at a time, then uv in the blood port coupla hours. Its kinda weird to see the revolving color lights inside your vein, kinda like those old xmas tree revolving disc uplights LOL!
Man. After that stuff I felt sooooo good. I have my own CO2 tank, and just unwrapped the fittings I got off Amazon for several applications. Looking forward to that as well as using on the feet of a couple old guys I still retain as clients for health services.
I really appreciated the quotes you offered (McLuhan YES) to affirm my observations of the younger generations. Thank goodness GenXers still mostly have sense.
I have 3 teens to tutor for this next semester, and I get so disheartened at how dumb they truly are for 14,15,16 compared to what I had done by then (8 years of classical piano, state swimming ribbons, 2 languages, 50 or 60 books) when these cannot write by hand nor signature, nothing about money, other countries, culture, art, music...
And you are spot on, SELFISH perfectly describes their worldview.
I can only hope my library, natural history specimens and collection of mechanical engineered toys stimulate something in their cartoon-filled brains.

sunny

Would you mind linking those Amazon fittings for co2 tank on Amazon? I got a tank awhile back but I have been working so much I have not had the time to spend to figure that out. Much appreciated if you can. 🙏

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

Here you go my dear
Would you mind linking those Amazon fittings for co2 tank on Amazon? I got a tank awhile back but I have been working so much I have not had the time to spend to figure that out. Much appreciated if you can. 🙏

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-102629_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130-102629_Messages.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 12

AlaskaJono

I knew about Huffman, but had a local tell me he was jabbing and not as holistic as you might think a naturopath should be. I have had ozone hemo two months in a row, 6 pints at a time, then uv in the blood port coupla hours. Its kinda weird to see the revolving color lights inside your vein, kinda like those old xmas tree revolving disc uplights LOL!
Man. After that stuff I felt sooooo good. I have my own CO2 tank, and just unwrapped the fittings I got off Amazon for several applications. Looking forward to that as well as using on the feet of a couple old guys I still retain as clients for health services.
I really appreciated the quotes you offered (McLuhan YES) to affirm my observations of the younger generations. Thank goodness GenXers still mostly have sense.
I have 3 teens to tutor for this next semester, and I get so disheartened at how dumb they truly are for 14,15,16 compared to what I had done by then (8 years of classical piano, state swimming ribbons, 2 languages, 50 or 60 books) when these cannot write by hand nor signature, nothing about money, other countries, culture, art, music...
And you are spot on, SELFISH perfectly describes their worldview.
I can only hope my library, natural history specimens and collection of mechanical engineered toys stimulate something in their cartoon-filled brains.
Ozone hemo/UV treatments, wow, you LIT girl! Sounds good, never had the opportunity or need .... yet. Please let us know your CO2 therapy adventures. Inquiring minds and all.

Too bad to hear about Huffman. It is not uncommon to see the 'Business' aspect take over one's focus.

Even some of the older Aussies I meet casually, and I am nearing 60, agree that peeps be 'dumbing down'. Just social-political commentary, not like we are going for deep discussions here. People definitely losing the ability to connect the dots. Consequences? What's that. etc. Cheers.

OP
akgrrrl

akgrrrl

@AlaskaJono , Spot on is consequences. Wow I cannot believe you said that. I say it over and over that it is at the root of every single problem we have.
Clearly, this cause and effect concept was eliminated from school early on. Sigh.
And btw, yes, my former needlepushingmedic is in Fed prison. Prob not for long, as he is rich and has a working agreement with pharma.
Glad to hear that you and the wife work together to stay healthy; take care of each other. Your clever reparte welcome here any time!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals