Greetings From Ohio/Italy

Mathematician

Hello everyone,
I live in Ohio, but I am from Italy, not far from Venice, where I usually spend some weeks during Summer. I am a newbie with respect to the Peatarian approach to eating and health.
I am looking forward to learning from your experiences and share mine.

Just to confirm some points of Ray Peat's approach, I am a 43 years old male, but I started to lose my hair when I was 12 and by the time I was 25 I was completely bald. Although it was interpreted like the standard male baldness, my blood exams showed that I had extremely high prolactin (they almost thought I had a benign tumor in the pituitary gland), very high estradiol and cortisol. Of course, the doctors, including endocrinologists, did not establish a link between these abnormal value, my loss of hair and the high stress I was under.

I even went through a period of calorie restricted, intermittent fasting ketogenic diet, that further disrupted my metabolism (resulting in being always cold, especially in the hands, feet, and nose).

Now things are going much better, I started to eat more carbs, reduce drastically my fat intake (and eliminating as much as possible all PUFAs) and I started to supplement in various ways. I will soon have questions and experiences to share about the use of thyroid hormones and other supplements.

I am very glad I have found such an interesting group of people empowered to take their health into their own hands, questioning the biological dogmas that are unfortunately spewed as science nowadays.

Thank you to @haidut for the supplements!

Alessandro

milk_lover

Welcome Alessandro!

I hope you learn with us here all those interesting information every day.

When you had the high prolactin result, were you drinking any milk?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome to the forum Mathematician. :welcome

OP
M

Mathematician

Thank you all :)
To answer you question @milk_lover : I was probably drinking a cup a day of milk at most and not even every day. It was pasteurized milk, either full fat or 2% fat. I was living in Italy at that time ( was a teenager). Not only I developed true gynecomastia, but I started to have a milk discharge from my left nipple too, so that was not fun at all.
I think during that time my mom switched from using butter to use corn oil ('cause you know, the advertisement was this was the "healthy" oil). I also had tons of stress.
I hope this answers your question.

milk_lover

Thank you all :)
To answer you question @milk_lover : I was probably drinking a cup a day of milk at most and not even every day. It was pasteurized milk, either full fat or 2% fat. I was living in Italy at that time ( was a teenager). Not only I developed true gynecomastia, but I started to have a milk discharge from my left nipple too, so that was not fun at all.
I think during that time my mom switched from using butter to use corn oil ('cause you know, the advertisement was this was the "healthy" oil). I also had tons of stress.
I hope this answers your question.
Oh PUFA took control of our houses, schools, restaurants thanks to bad American research that is actually helping their domestic industry. I remember all my childhood and teenage years eating fried chicken and fried food all in PUFA from restaurants on a daily basis. It's crazy.

Thanks for answering my question. I think milk actually helps with prolactin. Although I ate a lot of PUFA growing up, I also consumed a lot of milk enriched in vitamin D and A. Maybe milk protected me from all the bad food I was eating.

This forum is really helpful and I am sure you can get well with time like what happened to me. Good luck brother :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals