Help with numbness and pins-and-needles feeling

I feel a little pins and needles feeling in the left foot, especially the left foot big toe, not so much anywhere else but the entire left foot toes are a little numb compared to my right one. The other foot is fine.

I'm trying to rule out things and what I'm testing is low methylation and low folate. I'm taking some occasional mega doses of B12 methyl cobalamin, and 1 mg of methyl folate.

It's too soon. But I was not drinking much orange juice for a month or two, and don't really eat much in the way of veggies.

Trying to figure this out. I don't take any medications except some T4/T3, my temps are good. I am starting 100mg or so of progesterone and maybe 10mg of DHEA also. I was taking around 20mg of progesterone and 5mg or so of DHEA for a long time.

It could also be that I've banged up my feet a lot over the years and maybe this is the effect.

any and all comments are welcomed. Thank you in advance!

I feel a little pins and needles feeling in the left foot, especially the left foot big toe, not so much anywhere else but the entire left foot toes are a little numb compared to my right one. The other foot is fine.

I'm trying to rule out things and what I'm testing is low methylation and low folate. I'm taking some occasional mega doses of B12 methyl cobalamin, and 1 mg of methyl folate.

It's too soon. But I was not drinking much orange juice for a month or two, and don't really eat much in the way of veggies.

Trying to figure this out. I don't take any medications except some T4/T3, my temps are good. I am starting 100mg or so of progesterone and maybe 10mg of DHEA also. I was taking around 20mg of progesterone and 5mg or so of DHEA for a long time.

It could also be that I've banged up my feet a lot over the years and maybe this is the effect.

I don't know if my two cents will ring true Ecstatic, but my sister has numb toes from her blood sugar issues, her's is neuropathy. I HAVE had it on and off for awhile when I was having some heavy metal issues, in my left big toe too, but since giving up tuna and fortified cereal and keeping vitamin C away from my high iron meals I haven't experienced it in the last few years.

ThunderSpank

Probably high nitric oxide/serotonin/PTH from irritation of endotoxin and or allergenic/irritating foods.

wayney

I have issues with numbness / tingling sensation in my legs.

I think that it's connected to SIBO/endotoxins.

As soon as I start to take the following supplements the numbness / tingling sensation disapares:
  • Berberine
  • Oregano oil
  • Caprylic acid
  • Grapefruit seed extract 100-200mg daily
The same if I take antibiotics.

If I stop taking the supplements it comes back after like a week.

OP
ecstatichamster
I have issues with numbness / tingling sensation in my legs.

I think that it's connected to SIBO/endotoxins.

As soon as I start to take the following supplements the numbness / tingling sensation disapares:
  • Berberine
  • Oregano oil
  • Caprylic acid
  • Grapefruit seed extract 100-200mg daily
The same if I take antibiotics.

If I stop taking the supplements it comes back after like a week.

so antibiotics get rid of the tingling?

wayney

so antibiotics get rid of the tingling?
Yes, the same with the "herbal antibiotics" that I posted above.

I am diagnosed with SIBO and I think that the herbal antibiotics is lowering the symptoms.

Been reading about a lot of people who have issues with cramps and numbness in the legs when having SIBO.

For me it always comes in the evening.

skuabird

Is your back ok? Could be sciatica or herniated disc.

I don't experience sciatica as sharp pains like it seems many people do- it's more tingling, sometimes burning, sometimes aching/stiff tendons.

OP
ecstatichamster
Is your back ok? Could be sciatica or herniated disc.

I don't experience sciatica as sharp pains like it seems many people do- it's more tingling, sometimes burning, sometimes aching/stiff tendons.

this is possible. My back is fine. But who knows. I sleep sitting in a recliner. I don't have any issues. But I have been quite sedentary over the past few weeks.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I agree with @skuabird that it could be nerves in your back or rearend. The chairs where I work can be adjusted for height and I always adjusted them so my feet were comfortably on the floor. We got real busy last fall I quit adjusting the chairs and left them too high like my coworkers like. By Jan I was having some odd pain on the outside of my heel. Then it got worse after kicking snow off my feet in Feb. It has only been a month since I started sitting correctly in the chairs and the pains in my foot and heel are easing up.

P

Peatness

Trigger points in tibialis anterior can cause pain to the top and inner side of the big toe

Best investiment I ever made

B

Blaze

I can try antibiotics and see if it does anything. Good test!
Let us know, it will be very interesting if that goes away by killing off the gut bacteria. If that doesn't work then probable related to your back. Perhaps alignment issues or pressure points. I had some strange symptoms like that which improved by eliminating all wheat from my diet.

OP
ecstatichamster
Trigger points in tibialis anterior can cause pain to the top and inner side of the big toe

Best investiment I ever made

me too. I must have 5 copies. Love it. I had corresponded with Claire when he was alive.

I do think it is a sciatica condition. I'm working with a guy who will give me some eccentric exercises to do and I'll bet it will be gone.
Thank you!

P

Peatness

me too. I must have 5 copies. Love it. I had corresponded with Claire when he was alive.

I do think it is a sciatica condition. I'm working with a guy who will give me some eccentric exercises to do and I'll bet it will be gone.
Thank you!
I've got the second edition, it's properly worth getting the third.

Epeatcurious

You mentioned megadosing B12... I recently had elevated B6 levels and was also experiencing neuropathy type of symptoms. B6 toxicity is not well known but it is definitely documented in medical literature. Not sure if other b vitamins could do something similar... I joined the b6 toxicity group on fb and followed some of their advice. If it is in fact b6 or other b vitamin toxicity then antibiotics might make it worse since they have a dehyting effect which gives drives the vitamin into the nerves and tissues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals