Help with numbness and pins-and-needles feeling

Birdie

I have numbness and paresthesias in my toes and front part of my calves. I'd been thinking increasing B12 might help. No fish oils for 10+ years. I take one Super K each day. But I had polio so that is what I think accounts for a lot of proclivities. I can't think of the right word, but inclinations. Wrong word. Mind is mush so...

OP
ecstatichamster
Thank you @Kaur Singh — very helpful!

The second longer interview was really about diabetes, and is mislabeled by whoever uploaded it. It's a good listen anyway of course.

Last edited:
K

Kaur Singh

The second longer interview was really about diabetes, and is mislabeled by whoever uploaded it. It's a good listen anyway of course.

towards the very end - is the nerve part
the rest (except for the caller questions) = refresher course to understand the last bit

K

Kaur Singh

I do find that most of my nerve problems flare up when under stress response.
They have gone down in intensity so much over the past year or so, since I have started doing things and recovering, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Preglowman

Forum Supporter

You ever solve the toe numbness in the left foot? I got it. Had it for the last year. Last few months a lot worst.

OP
ecstatichamster
You ever solve the toe numbness in the left foot? I got it. Had it for the last year. Last few months a lot worst.

it is much better. I massage it for 20 to 40 minutes a day with a foot massage machine.
589D4A5B-4DEA-40CB-AD62-A5376D3A71E1.jpeg

macguffin

Could this be vitamin A toxicity? I took Acccutane 5 years ago and it wrecked me in many ways (killed my libido, terrible brain fog, joint pain, anhedonia, etc.). Been on a roller coaster trying to find a solution but started "Peating" (and eating a VERY high vitamin A diet - milk, OJ, eggs, liver, etc.) in 2020. Got better at first, but then things have gotten progressively worse while Peating. Now I have new symptoms, including signs of early liver failure (liver pain, yellow eyes, itchy skin, testicular atrophy).

I found Grant Genereux's theory that vitamin A is not a vitamin but a poison. Now I've been going through Dr. Garret Smith's work on vitamin A and I'm floored. It explains all my problems. Cut out vitamin A a few days ago and I'm already seeing improvements.

I am still new to this, but if you've been "Peating" for years and your health is only getting worse, perhaps it's time to try something totally new. Who am I to say. But it's absolutely what I am doing.

The second video below is a "case study" in vitamin A toxicity and it deals with paresthesia and neurological issues.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMF56gzc-UI&t=21s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Jn86UaFPc&t=1s

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Could this be vitamin A toxicity? I took Acccutane 5 years ago and it wrecked me in many ways (killed my libido, terrible brain fog, joint pain, anhedonia, etc.). Been on a roller coaster trying to find a solution but started "Peating" (and eating a VERY high vitamin A diet - milk, OJ, eggs, liver, etc.) in 2020. Got better at first, but then things have gotten progressively worse while Peating. Now I have new symptoms, including signs of early liver failure (liver pain, yellow eyes, itchy skin, testicular atrophy).

I found Grant Genereux's theory that vitamin A is not a vitamin but a poison. Now I've been going through Dr. Garret Smith's work on vitamin A and I'm floored. It explains all my problems. Cut out vitamin A a few days ago and I'm already seeing improvements.

I am still new to this, but if you've been "Peating" for years and your health is only getting worse, perhaps it's time to try something totally new. Who am I to say. But it's absolutely what I am doing.

The second video below is a "case study" in vitamin A toxicity and it deals with paresthesia and neurological issues.

Almost same experience here - and Chris Masterjohn‘s case story is very interesting indeed.

aliml

I feel a little pins and needles feeling in the left foot, especially the left foot big toe, not so much anywhere else but the entire left foot toes are a little numb compared to my right one.

Something stimulates the pituitary and/or thyroid glands!

foot-reflexology.png

Preglowman

Forum Supporter

It's is worth exploring! I don't take A supplements. And I really don't eat a lot of the foods that are high in A like sweet potato and Kale. I drink milk but no more that a cup or two a day and not every day. I eat a fair amount of cheese. And I honestly don't know what my levels of A are. Thanks!

OP
ecstatichamster
as I wrote, I am experiencing great success, it's not 100% gone but it's more than 50% better.

Birdie

as I wrote, I am experiencing great success, it's not 100% gone but it's more than 50% better.

Am having sciatica so maybe contraindicated to have feet in the position needed for those shoe massagers but keeping in mind for later. 50+% is worth it!!

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Am having sciatica so maybe contraindicated to have feet in the position needed for those shoe massagers but keeping in mind for later. 50+% is worth it!!
It may be the sciatica that is causing the numbness in your toes and front of your lower legs. Those nerves extend to your feet and depending on the irritated nerve places in your lower legs and feet can be affected, too.

Beastmode

thank you for all your comments.

1. I stopped ALA and acetyl l-carnitine today. My teeth are hurting and don't know if that's the reason but I stopped. Thanks @fr@ for that input.

2. I am going to do a bunch of exercises all the time on this, great point @Lilac and thank you!

3. @gaze Dr. Peat responded to watch any connection with bowel health, temperatures, thyroid status.
Seeing this thread again since my personal experience and "recovery" from it.

"Progesterone, thyroid, baking soda were the main 3 Peat suggested to me for something related. He also mentioned sun exposure" was what I focused on mostly since posting this back in July and I can definitely attest to them working.

The sun exposure seems like the biggest influence, at least from the past few months, that have contributed the most of late. Bowels are consistent and good, temperature has been steady and thyroid status is pretty good.

I wouldn't focus on specific exercises for this honestly as it's a systemic thing, not a specific "nerve" path like many reductionist based therapist prescribe. Intuitive movement is far safer and ideal (i.e- going for a walk when you know your body needs it, moving, dancing, etc.)

Birdie

It may be the sciatica that is causing the numbness in your toes and front of your lower legs. Those nerves extend to your feet and depending on the irritated nerve places in your lower legs and feet can be affected, too.
Yes, it's contributing at the moment. I have had certain numbness in the toes for years though. It's more noticeable after sleeping prone and there is more numbness in the left foot toes. The sciatic pain is on the right.

I can walk today! I ordered a trochanter belt to wear if for no other reason but to remind me to take it easy. This has been going on since early summer. I went to my chiro, early on, who was too rough and no help. I would go to another if I knew of a good one in my new neighborhood.

Birdie

Seeing this thread again since my personal experience and "recovery" from it.

"Progesterone, thyroid, baking soda were the main 3 Peat suggested to me for something related. He also mentioned sun exposure" was what I focused on mostly since posting this back in July and I can definitely attest to them working.

The sun exposure seems like the biggest influence, at least from the past few months, that have contributed the most of late. Bowels are consistent and good, temperature has been steady and thyroid status is pretty good.

I wouldn't focus on specific exercises for this honestly as it's a systemic thing, not a specific "nerve" path like many reductionist based therapist prescribe. Intuitive movement is far safer and ideal (i.e- going for a walk when you know your body needs it, moving, dancing, etc.)
Good update. Thanks. I have been venturing out into the sun these past few days. I have a screened in patio and ask my husband to move the chair into the sun for me. Hate to ask for help. Character flaw there so big deal that I'm getting help. Yesterday, I spent sun-time in a roc-center rocking chair. This is a good step in healing my sciatica.
The numb toes on the opposite foot? we'll see how that goes.

It's really hard to take the time to sit in the sun. This used to be easy, but after the Plandemic, I think it's harder.