Half of tongue numb after wisdom tooth extraction

Serene

So I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Upper left - healing like a champ.

My bottom right was erupted but slightly angled outwards and it was also beginning to get cystic. They pulled the tooth and had to scrape the bone and sent for biopsy. Ozone treatment on both sites.

Right side of my tongue has been numb since. It's like pins and needles, and things taste a little weird.

Scouring the internet and it could be permanent if they severed the nerve but looks like tingling is a good sign that it is not severed (makes sense).

Looking for suggestions to help nerve heal faster as this feeling is literally just annoying and I want it gone. Supposed to make post-op appt if no improvement by Monday.

So far research has shown:

B vitamins
Homeopathic - hypericum perforatum

Any other suggestions or experience is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Sorry to hear :(

I had this and my cousin too, though his was on the chin as well.

I have not improved over the 10 years or so. I just learned how to live with it to the point that I don't even notice it.

Cannavacciuolo

So I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Upper left - healing like a champ.

My bottom right was erupted but slightly angled outwards and it was also beginning to get cystic. They pulled the tooth and had to scrape the bone and sent for biopsy. Ozone treatment on both sites.

Right side of my tongue has been numb since. It's like pins and needles, and things taste a little weird.

Scouring the internet and it could be permanent if they severed the nerve but looks like tingling is a good sign that it is not severed (makes sense).

Looking for suggestions to help nerve heal faster as this feeling is literally just annoying and I want it gone. Supposed to make post-op appt if no improvement by Monday.

So far research has shown:

B vitamins
Homeopathic - hypericum perforatum

Any other suggestions or experience is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Have you regained any sensitivity to it? If not some nerve might be damaged unfortunately - might require extra surgery

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom