David PS

It’s not about grief.

It’s about principle.
About decency.

Learned in kindergarten:
I loved the image.
THINK%2BPoster-page-001.jpg

Last edited:
I have wondered if Ray Peat’s demise is big in part from his constant exposure to the prolonged months of bad air from the fires in his area. His impaired vocal cords point to that too….

“In good health, an animal's systems are designed so that certain tissues will be intensely but briefly stimulated by estrogen. This stimulation by estrogen doesn't produce the normal amount of carbon dioxide, so the tissue experiences oxygen deprivation, leading to swelling and cell division. (Along with the reduced carbon dioxide production, there is increased lipid peroxidation). Any similar stimulaton, whether it's produced by soot, or suffocation, or irradiation, will produce the broad range of estrogen's effects, beginning with inflammation but ending with atrophy or cancer if it is too prolonged.” -Ray Peat
“The eyes and the lungs are sensitive tissues that are easily harmed by inappropriate environmental exposure. They are especially sensitive in infancy and old age.” -Ray Peat

Birdie

Ya gotta especially think about those erroneous fibers somebody mentioned Ray ate. That would have caused noxious gas at night. If he tended to pull the covers over his head to breathe more CO2...... the methane!

And regarding Dr Atkins who died at 72, if his diet had been better, he wouldn't have slipped on the ice and hit his head in that fatal accident.

A lot of important considerations... ;)

Peater

They say that the good die young.

I have just seen that horrible little goblin Kissinger is still going at 99.

I know who holds a better place in my heart...

milomag

Ye "know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." (James 4:14).

Apple

They say that the good die young.
I have just seen that horrible little goblin Kissinger is still going at 99.
I know who holds a better place in my heart...
I saw him (Kissinger) too, giving some interview recently. I can not deny... his mind is still pretty sharp at that age. Does he really have motivation to live that long compared to Ray Peat ?

It makes me think:
Was it really worthy for Ray Peat to spend his last 30 years on some research instead of enjoyng life ? I would really prefer hearing the story how he accidentally fell from a cliff , drowned while surfing in Paul Bragg style, or was caught by a lion on African safari tour.
He spent half of his life sedentarily , occasionally painting , and drinking coffee instead of physical activity. Centenarians pretty often preserve enjoying physical activity in old age, whether it is running or bicycling or long walking. If you really abound with energy (from coffee, thyroid or sugar, whatever) it would be very unnatural to spend your time hitting the books all the time...it is just against the nature. What's the point of all it ?

But I'm thankful to Ray Peat nontheless for the knoledge that he shared with us.

Last edited:

Peatful

It makes me think:
Was it really worthy for Ray Peat to spend his last 30 years on some research instead of enjoyng life ? I would really prefer hearing the story how he accidentally fell from a cliff , drowned while surfing in Paul Bragg style, or was caught by a lion on African safari tour.
He spent half of his life sedentarily , occasionally painting , and drinking coffee instead of physical activity. Centenarians pretty often preserve enjoying physical activity in old age, whether it is running or bicycling or long walking. If you really abound with energy (from coffee, thyroid or sugar, whatever) it would be very unnatural to spend your time hitting the books all the time...it is just against the nature. What's the point of all it ?
FFS

Izzybelle

I dunno. My great-aunt lived to be 103 and was totally self-sufficient, but she didn't "exercise" at all, ever. I don't think we really know what Ray Peat did in his spare time. I actually saw him once, when I was staying in Eugene for few days. I was just walking around, and as I was leaving this area with outdoor bars and restaurants, here comes this person jaywalking briskly across the street ahead of me, heading towards all of the activity. I was uncertain at first -- I mean, what are the odds --- and too dumbstruck to say anything, but it was him, and as he saw me gawking he said "helloo" and smiled and continued on his way. It was the perfect lighting conditions -- late in the day, lots of red-light -- to be out and about. I do wonder if those fires around Eugene not only bothered his allergies but kept him from painting outside and walking about or whatever else he enjoyed doing outdoors.

Apple

I dunno. My great-aunt lived to be 103 and was totally self-sufficient, but she didn't "exercise" at all, ever. I don't think we really know what Ray Peat did in his spare time. I actually saw him once, when I was staying in Eugene for few days. I was just walking around, and as I was leaving this area with outdoor bars and restaurants, here comes this person jaywalking briskly across the street ahead of me, heading towards all of the activity. I was uncertain at first -- I mean, what are the odds --- and too dumbstruck to say anything, but it was him, and as he saw me gawking he said "helloo" and smiled and continued on his way. It was the perfect lighting conditions -- late in the day, lots of red-light -- to be out and about. I do wonder if those fires around Eugene not only bothered his allergies but kept him from painting outside and walking about or whatever else he enjoyed doing outdoors.
Thanks for sharing. Little stories like this shed the light on who RP really was apart from being an educator/researcher .

sunny

I saw him (Kissinger) too, giving some interview recently. I can not deny... his mind is still pretty sharp at that age. Does he really have motivation to live that long compared to Ray Peat ?

It makes me think:

But I'm thankful to Ray Peat nontheless for the knoledge that he shared with us.
I did not know the man ( Dr. PEAT), but I'm pretty confident assuming he spent his life happily doing EXACTLY what he loved.

Apple

It makes me think:

Here is a picture of 86 yo Paul Bragg (in the center ) ... just for reference
Shutterstock_9073303a.jpg

P

Peatress

@Apple I don't know what motivates you then I look back at your previous posts under the username apollo and I understand. You had a lot to say about antivaxxers. You and Nemo didn't agree. How many covid shots have you had now?

Apple

@Apple I don't know what motivates you then I look back at your previous posts under the username apollo and I understand. You had a lot to say about antivaxxers. You and Nemo didn't agree. How many covid shots have you had now?
Fake vaccines against fake virus ... I don't really have much to say about it. Ray peat didn't deny covid AFAIK, he only proposed that vaccines are safer when administered orally.

Last edited:
P

Peatress

Fake vaccines against fake virus ... I don't have much to say about it. Ray peat didn't deny covid AFAIK, he only proposed that vaccines are safer when administered orally.
This is good news – you came to your senses then? Dr Peat was very clear about vaccines. Listen to his interviews and please don't misquote him.

Apple

Some people started creating worrysome posts since a year ago or so...about Ray Peat legacy, that he may die, that he looked fragile and had trembling voice or his possible mental decline. It just creates dichotomy with what one can think about Ray Peat . I didn't expect him dying without some fighting and he supposedly had lots of tricks for that.
On the other hand we see this guy Kisinger (hypothyroid and saturated with PUFA/serotonin ) and lecturing world leaders about world politics at 99yo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals