Heartbroken - Dr. Peat has passed

Peatress

This is the problem with shitheads like you on this forum. A person can't ask a simple question without having keyboard warriors attack. WTF is wrong with peopel liek oyu/ Are you still a child. I asked a question. You people on here are far too anal retentive. **** off. How's that for labasting. Get a life you prick.
Very classy. Well done.

Peatful

This has not been posted yet

Would love to read your story to honor our precious Peat.

Please post elsewhere as appropriate to spread the word.

LeeLemonoil

that he would be all about entertaining all possibilities.

Not everybody understood that about RP.
You better believe that’s Peaty.

@Peatress and @OliviaD

Obiviously some misunderstanding there. But both of you clearly conveyed a fondness and gratefulness of Peat in your debate. Thanks. I’m reading all the threads about Dr. Peat‘s passing daily when new posts appear. Still coping, still grasping the fact. I didn’t realize just how much I would miss him the person even though I realized years ago how profound his work touched my life and thinking.

Merry Christmas to y‘all.

Last edited:

Birdie

@Apple I don't know what motivates you then I look back at your previous posts under the username apollo and I understand. You had a lot to say about antivaxxers. You and Nemo didn't agree. How many covid shots have you had now?
Interesting about name change.

Birdie

Not everybody understood that about RP.
You better believe that’s Peaty.

@Peatress and @OliviaD

Obiviously some misunderstanding there. But both of you clearly conveyed a fondness and gratefulness of Peat in your debate. Thanks. I’m reading all the threads about Dr. Peat‘s passing daily when new posts appear. Still coping, still grasping the fact. I didn’t realize just how much I would miss him the person even though I realized years ago how profound his work touched my life and thinking.

Merry Christmas to y‘all.
I'm with you on missing him too. And I can't really tolerate conflict about Ray just now and grasp to understand so, have to move on without getting it. And I'm fine with that.

I didn't know how much either that I'd miss him. He's woven into my life.

I realize there will be people taking advantage of the situation too. That's the way of things... And being Christmas adds emotion, so there is that.
Merry Christmas back to you Lee. And to everyone. 🎄

-Luke-

I don't think it has been posted yet, but the guys from the Energy Balance Podcast (one of them active on the forum) did an episode titled "Celebrating Ray Peat".

David PS

I don't think it has been posted yet, but the guys from the Energy Balance Podcast (one of them active on the forum) did an episode titled "Celebrating Ray Peat".

hat_tip.gif

Ray Peat Interviews, Articles, Related Websites, and Other Resources: Ray Peat related sites directory (MarshmalloW)

ThinPicking

@abruzzi I went looking for a post from Ms Peatress and happened on this.

I can see, your question was no more simple than it was retarded and unnecessary. Responses from Mr Luke and Ms Peatress were nothing but reasonable.

Just so you know :kissingsmiling:

Apple

Was Ray Peat buried, cremated...? Has anyone already seen his burial place ?

Last edited:

PopSocket

I am a newbie to Dr. Peat ideas compared to many here, a little over a year and I know for certain he would never ever in a million years take a vaccine. Some of the posts here are pure disrespect.

Others share the suspicion he was not doing what he preached. That is another disrespectful thing to accuse him of intellectual dishonesty. He was an honest, honorable man and it was easy to tell. He is not going to be lying to his audience. His change in views in the latest interviews and openness to share in the face of a probable backlash and outrage was a proof for this.

By the way, just to let you know - Dr. Peat is everything but resting in peace now. He is most probably already planning his next incarnation to come back and continue helping people.

Hysteric

WOW just saw this today, I'm shocked and deeply saddened by his passing. I was really expecting him to hit the 90's at least if not 100+.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
WOW just saw this today, I'm shocked and deeply saddened by his passing. I was really expecting him to hit the 90's at least if not 100+.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this recently and Peat was 100% against the medicalization of life. He “treated” himself of course with diet, lifestyle and hormones and guided many of us to do the same. That approach helped him avoid the iatrogenic harm that has brought so many of us here. Most of the longevity people out there though promote using modern medicine pretty extensively to extend life/health span. Whether that’s right or wrong is something each of us has to decide for ourselves. Peat did not take unnecessary risks or submit his life to doctors but instead lived his life fully on his own terms.
This article in particular brought home to me the impact Peat has had on my own attitude about what I’m willing to do/not do to hopefully live longer/better.

gd81

Others share the suspicion he was not doing what he preached. That is another disrespectful thing to accuse him of intellectual dishonesty.

I don't think so,

Firstly I don't think he preached anything. That just makes him sound like some religious authority telling people how to live which is exactly what he never sounded like, at least to me. He just talked about things, made a case for certain ideas, presented evidence.

I would be amazed if he ate 'the Ray Peat diet' every day of his life. Only strangely rigid people live like that, the moralizers who talk about 'cheat meals' etc. I think it's overly defensive to accuse anybody of calling him a liar if they suggest something like maybe he ate whatever at times. I once met somebody from Oregon who chatted to him in brewery.

PopSocket

I don't think so,

Firstly I don't think he preached anything. That just makes him sound like some religious authority telling people how to live which is exactly what he never sounded like, at least to me. He just talked about things, made a case for certain ideas, presented evidence.

I would be amazed if he ate 'the Ray Peat diet' every day of his life. Only strangely rigid people live like that, the moralizers who talk about 'cheat meals' etc. I think it's overly defensive to accuse anybody of calling him a liar if they suggest something like maybe he ate whatever at times. I once met somebody from Oregon who chatted to him in brewery.

I didn't use the right word /preach/ maybe as English is not my main, but you get the point. Looking back at what I wrote it sounds a bit weird indeed.

From interviews and what I read/almost everything written by him/ I get the impression he was having a pretty consistent diet since his later part in life with few exceptions without stressing too much about his occasional tortilla chips but as a whole was in alignment with his principles. Lots of Milk and OJ, particular amount of eggs (2) per day in CO, gelatin as well as the weekly liver etc etc. Also ,his views allow a lot more leeway and is not as "rigid" as other philosophies like carnivore/keto etc.

I am one of those very "strange rigid people" by the way and I am no moralizer, I am not going to beat myself up for eating something out of the ordinary/once a month, MAYBE/ nor I will put my morals onto others, you are generalizing too much I think and fighting over semantics. He did not get vaccines nor was he eating potatoes in sunflower oil. I can guarantee you this and this was my point. Nobody with a deep understanding as his would do this unless he is starving or eating something cooked by a close person not to offend them on a family holiday for example.

baudoman

I've followed this thread since it was started, back when we first heard the news about Ray.

Wanted to add my contribution: I've dedicated an article to the help this forum has provided me here:

May we all do our best to continue with Ray's work and "just help one more person".

bloooeh

Dr. Peat is everything but resting in peace now. He is most probably already planning his next incarnation to come back and continue helping people.
I'm with you. I was saddened to hear of his passing but his work continues... In a simulationist view he's back in a different avatar, a baby rn. By year 2040, he or she would be 18 y/o. Perhaps near 2040 a young adult full of knowledge and wisdom as RP would probably be on a scene, helping people, or, might be leading the resistance, who knows... But I hope to make it to 2040 to witness all this.

LeeLemonoil

I'm with you. I was saddened to hear of his passing but his work continues... In a simulationist view he's back in a different avatar, a baby rn. By year 2040, he or she would be 18 y/o. Perhaps near 2040 a young adult full of knowledge and wisdom as RP would probably be on a scene, helping people, or, might be leading the resistance, who knows... But I hope to make it to 2040 to witness all this.
Jay Reid

RIP Ray. He changed so many lives and it seems he will be saving even more in the future.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals