First Anxiety Attack

Jbird10

My brother has asked me for help. He didn't believe me about my anxiety problems over the years and the peat diet that helped me. Today, he says he feels real bad with anxiety like never before and described my symptoms. Now he's all ears. :) He took off from work and laying in bed all day since he feels so bad. He can't walk away from the stress since it's job related.

I recommended the Peat diet of course and started him with plenty of sugar and salt in milk, OJ. And the rest of the Peat diet advice which I've been doing for about 2 years now. I got him on vitamins and minerals supplements, taurine, niacinamide, gaba, collagen hydrolysate.

When I improved my health with Peat diet I improved about let's say 90% and then a friend said to try his drug: Diazepam and it knocked my anxiety out by the next day. Peat on email said the higher calcium from 1/2 to 3/4 milk daily amplified the diazepam effects. Should I recommend taking it for my brother? I have leftover? :)

Also, he is taking psoriasis medicine Skyrizi and along with it the doctor has him on Levothyroxine.

I know, not medical advice, but any suggestions from this knowledgeable, Peat inspried community would be welcomed.

My brother has asked me for help. He didn't believe me about my anxiety problems over the years and the peat diet that helped me. Today, he says he feels real bad with anxiety like never before and described my symptoms. Now he's all ears. :) He took off from work and laying in bed all day since he feels so bad. He can't walk away from the stress since it's job related.

I recommended the Peat diet of course and started him with plenty of sugar and salt in milk, OJ. And the rest of the Peat diet advice which I've been doing for about 2 years now. I got him on vitamins and minerals supplements, taurine, niacinamide, gaba, collagen hydrolysate.

When I improved my health with Peat diet I improved about let's say 90% and then a friend said to try his drug: Diazepam and it knocked my anxiety out by the next day. Peat on email said the higher calcium from 1/2 to 3/4 milk daily amplified the diazepam effects. Should I recommend taking it for my brother? I have leftover? :)

Also, he is taking psoriasis medicine Skyrizi and along with it the doctor has him on Levothyroxine.

I know, not medical advice, but any suggestions from this knowledgeable, Peat inspried community would be welcomed.
Happy Camper has knocked my panic attacks out immediately with only a half dose. My husband stresses from his business and it effects his heart and adrenals and he swears by it too. I have recommended it to several others with many thanks. I don't know how "Peaty" it is, but it certainly is far better than medication and it works SO good!

Attachments

• 20210521_154054.jpg
    20210521_154054.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 66
OP
J

Jbird10

Happy Camper has knocked my panic attacks out immediately with only a half dose. My husband stresses from his business and it effects his heart and adrenals and he swears by it too. I have recommended it to several others with many thanks. I don't know how "Peaty" it is, but it certainly is far better than medication and it works SO good!
I don't recognize those ingredients so I'll have to read up on them. Thanks.

It is really a miracle combo. I had two panic attacks years ago and they would come out of nowhere, and I couldn't breath. When a 3rd one came on I took only one (of 2 recommended) unsure if I would have a bad reaction, and it calmed me down in minutes. It doesn't make you sleepy either.

Velve921

Well great then. Worth a shot, thanks.

I would say that’s good to try things that give the body energy to deal with whatever is causing discomfort. But once you have the energy, I think a practice is important that teaches the mind how to understand what’s happening.

After my dad died I had my first panic attacks. I found that Theanine was a game changer, but more importantly, it give me energy to find confidence that I can handle the new change.

Reading ‘Break through pain’ by Shinzen Young helped me understand what was happening and that I could face these factors. Might be worth something for him to consider.

OP
J

Jbird10

I would say that’s good to try things that give the body energy to deal with whatever is causing discomfort. But once you have the energy, I think a practice is important that teaches the mind how to understand what’s happening.

After my dad died I had my first panic attacks. I found that Theanine was a game changer, but more importantly, it give me energy to find confidence that I can handle the new change.

Reading ‘Break through pain’ by Shinzen Young helped me understand what was happening and that I could face these factors. Might be worth something for him to consider.
Cool thanks.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter

I take levothyroxine also. When I feel hypothyroid, I get very anxious and have anxiety attacks. He may need more medicine. He could always try taking a small amount more and see if that helps. For the first couple years that I took thyroid meds, I was having to increase my dose every six months or so, when I would start to feel hypothyroid symptoms/panic attacks. I read a book called “How to stop the thyroid madness”, and that helped me a lot! One of the most helpful things, was cutting out all gluten and other inflammatory foods.
Also, he should do all his bloodwork and see if he’s low in any nutrients or minerals. Many nutrient deficiencies cause exactly what he is experiencing. It sounds like he has a lot of stress from work, but if he has nutrient deficiencies or he’s not taking vitamins, he will have a harder time coping with those stressors. Is he taking any vitamins? Keeping our vitamin and mineral levels at optimal levels, is very important. If you want me to send a short vitamin list, I can. One thing that may help is magnesium. Magnesium helps with anxiety. It’s best to take it at night because it can make us sleepy/relaxed.

OP
J

Jbird10

I take levothyroxine also. When I feel hypothyroid, I get very anxious and have anxiety attacks. He may need more medicine. He could always try taking a small amount more and see if that helps. For the first couple years that I took thyroid meds, I was having to increase my dose every six months or so, when I would start to feel hypothyroid symptoms/panic attacks. I read a book called “How to stop the thyroid madness”, and that helped me a lot! One of the most helpful things, was cutting out all gluten and other inflammatory foods.
Also, he should do all his bloodwork and see if he’s low in any nutrients or minerals. Many nutrient deficiencies cause exactly what he is experiencing. It sounds like he has a lot of stress from work, but if he has nutrient deficiencies or he’s not taking vitamins, he will have a harder time coping with those stressors. Is he taking any vitamins? Keeping our vitamin and mineral levels at optimal levels, is very important. If you want me to send a short vitamin list, I can. One thing that may help is magnesium. Magnesium helps with anxiety. It’s best to take it at night because it can make us sleepy/relaxed.
This was helpful. Thanks for the feedback. I don't know the connection from his psoriasis medicine and then the doc also adding a thyroid medicine. So hearing you say to increase is interesting. Wouldn't he need to get a blood test first to see the levels he is at before or do you think it is safe to increase Levothyroxine based on how you feel?

Besides the diet change, I've gave him my supplements until he can order them. I have several vitamins and minerals but I would not be surprised if he is deficient because he has just been doing the American fast food processed diet. He blew me off all these years about diet until now and now he's all ears! :)

BTW he's out of the woods I think. He got his mental thoughts under control after I got him downing milk with sugar and salt and went ahead and took a chance and gave him my leftover Diazapem. He said he went from an 8-9 to a 3-4 by morning. So now is to get a lifestyle going with Peat principles. A blood test is definitely in the works.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals