Have Taken 100s Of Mgs Of Dhea A Day

Discussion in 'DHEA' started by DavePalumbo, Oct 11, 2017.

1. DavePalumbo

DavePalumbo Member

For those of you with side-effects from tiny 5mg dosages, let me say that I have taken 100s of mgs of dhea a day to see if I could cause any androgenicity. The only things that happened were for 10 minutes an increase in nipple sensitivity and erectness of the one nipple, and then those 10 minutes later no sensitivity or erectness at all. Also, pimple formation and potential water retention as other people are talking about.
    Dhea is a seriously underwhelming supplement if you don't combine it with other things like dht gels or prohormones.

I think it was dhea sulfate..

2. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

topically ?

3. OP
    DavePalumbo

DavePalumbo Member

Orally. Many people have dosed it high to see if they could get an anabolic steroid effect. It's considered an anabolic steroid in many countries.

4. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Every dosage is a case of its own. You can't say anything about normal doses from the effects of such a large dose. Who knows what might be going on.

5. Dhair

Dhair Member

We have found that using these steroids orally is about 10 times less effective than using them topically. Haidut has posted some studies to back this up. Also, the quality of these hormones is highly questionable given that most vendors aren't entirely trustworthy.

6. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Anyone taking anything over about 10 or 15 mg per day of DHEA is playing with fire. The study showed that after about six or eight months of this, estrogen levels are double or triple.

Ray says five or 10 mg per day is a physiological dose. If you take it topically a lot of this will be absorbed. I would never take anything over this dose for any length of time.

I do appreciate you man, because you're reporting something interesting and your own experience. So thank you for that. You are really helping when you report your experience and I don't mean to knock that. I may be wrong of course.

7. milk_lover

milk_lover Member

If you are young, you probably don't need DHEA. Peat says 1 to 2 mg can return 40 years old men's DHEA levels back to their youth level. It has affinity to convert to estrogen if you have fat in your body.

8. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

I think you are gonna hurt yourself. That's way too much DHEA and it can cause endogenous supression.

9. OP
    DavePalumbo

DavePalumbo Member

10. schultz

schultz Member

Taking DHEA orally is a good way to get underwhelming effects. We agree on that!